• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and emotions

FayeHarderway

Bluelighter
Coming off a 4 week bender of mostly shooting meth, but some smoking too. My last hit was Monday around midnight, not feeling too bad yet, mostly a lot of emotions from recent previous break ups and losses. A lot of stuff I felt had been dealt with already is now surfacing. I use meth MAYBE once a year and it's always the same thing. I wonder if everyone experiences the same thing and how others may cope with it. No burning desire to use again for now. Just trying to keep myself from falling apart

Last edited:
No burning desire to use again for now.
Very good sign. It's been 2 days and you aren't craving?

Just trying to keep myself from falling apart

Well you seem to be doing great. Props.

Typically after long binges I get severely depressed, artificial depression, feeling burnt out and anhedonic - however I don't get particularly emotional.

my way of coping is usually to switch to a new drug.... not a healthy coping mechanism

Yeah no cravings. I craved a lot during the start of my binge and then towards the end I wasn't even feeling high from my shots anymore.... which I guess is a good thing otherwise I'd still be craving. No point in doing more if I'm not even getting high.

Yes. I often get very emotional following a meth binge. Often up to a week or more from my last dose and even if I don’t also have depression or anxiety.

Sometimes it’s about something in my life but often enough it’s just a sad story on TV or in something I’m reading and I find my eyes welling up and tears coming that I can’t control. It usually doesn’t last real long each time and may be 2 weeks after my binge ended it’s no longer an issue.

Following a meth binge I am usually just SOOOOOO tired. But I'm usually happy to sit and watch tv, Im often too scatterbrained to sit and watch an entire tv series in one sitting, but when I'm meth hungover its my favorite thing to do. So in a way, I kind of enjoy it. But if I have to do anything at all, work or social obligation I literally want to blow my brains out its that hard to move.

Last edited: