• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of a more insidious battle to wage! Knowing you might be prone to hallucinations of bugs/fleas but knowing somehow you're actually seeing the damn things. Going back and forth in your head. Now, I know there's a chance I might be seeing things but DAMN, I really think I am this time! I can't think of a worse Mind Fuck than that!

Bugs, flies especially are definitely attracted to meth and meth users. Sends them crazy. Worst possible thing for a user to have to deal with lol

Uh I'm just going to leave this here...

Amphetamine/methamphetamine use can persist in long term psychosis.

Shariat, S.V, Elahi, A (2010). Symptoms and Course of Psychosis After Methamphetamine Abuse: One-Year Follow-Up of a Case
This report presents the course of a case of chronic methamphetamine-induced psychotic disorder during a 1-year follow-up. The patient experienced a short recurrence of psychosis while abstaining from methamphetamine, as well as another psychotic episode with methamphetamine use despite the fact that he was receiving antipsychotic medication.

Iwanami et al. (1994) observed that the psychosis dissipated within one week for 39% of individuals, 1 to 2 weeks for 16%, between 2 weeks and a month for 6%, and 10% remained psychotic for between one and three months. Even with cessation of methamphetamine use in addition to administration of antipsychotic medication, some users did not emerge from psychosis even after an extended period of time.

Some individuals may improve very quickly, some over a period of time, and others require many months or years. Psychosis may be alleviated by short term abstinence or long term abstinence. It is dependent on factors of genetic, environmental, usage patterns, time of using the drug, and how exposed the individual was to the psychostimulant. The pharmacology behind the actions of (meth)amphetamine are well documented and understood. This is, however, not the case for the resulting stimulant induced psychosis which may follow abstinence.

Hi i don't think you're crazy. My bro who is a meth addict for yrs is also facing the same thing. At first we thought he was Exaggerating. But it seems that his room had the most bugs. And only he complained of bugs that he could see and we didn't notice in the first place.so i assume that bugs are naturally attracted to meth users. Perhaps it is the sweat that you produce, it must contain meth or something that these bugs are attracted to. My bro said he had quit recently for the past 3mths (hopefully)but the bugs are still literally bugging him. We are now diffusing his room with essential oils like purification lemongrass and thieves. The smell is ugh but it does help to shoo some of the bugs away. And we plugged in an electronice insect/dustmite repellent. Helps to reduce the symptoms a little bit.

Good luck. If you stay off the shit, the horns stop going off, eventually

Cocaine abuse had a strange physical effect on my body/brain I still can't figure out to this day and there is little to no other stories like mine to give me any sleep about it. I posted the things that happened to me on this site and I was banned and all my posts were deleted. I gave video links to some of my home movies with some pretty unusual shit. All the posts got deleted so I fear wasting time posting any of my experiences on this site again .
I wish I knew what exactly I was going through alongside some obvious psychosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.