• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth afterglow

Mritchie37

Greenlighter
Is it just me or is there a such thing as a meth afterglow for some people. It's the strangest thing. Even if I have a single low to moderate dose of meth - either snorted or smoked or both - and I comedown I never seemed to crash but just feel dysphoric and unable to feel pleasure. Last night I had for the first time fairly pure meth, but also a box of store brand coricidin and 3 draft beers at Denny's. I had the most intense euphoria of my life and it was long lasting. Unfortunately the police discovered me and I was arrested for public intoxication and spent 1 am to 8 am in the drunk tank. Under the influence of speed it didn't even bother me despite the fact it was my first time in jail ever. It was just boring because I wanted a cigarette bad as I'm a notorious chainsmoker of both cigarettes and cheap 20 pack cigars. Whichever I can afford. If I can't even afford those here in southern California convenience stores, liquor stores, and gas stations sell 2 pack, 3 pack, and even 5 or 6 pack packages of cheap cigarillos which taste even nasterier than the 20 packs of cigarette sized cigars but it's better than nothing. Anyways, I don't condone this combo of meth, coricidin, and alcohol for anyone as it is extremely dangerous and can kill you. I'm just a big risktaker and able to handle things most people can't. I'd probably survive Ebola lol. It may have something to do with my obesity and the fact that I am in near perfect health in all my organs and have no diabetes and always have good results in my bloodwork. I do have high blood pressure however but that is well controlled on Lisinopril, and doctors always tell me after going to the Dr thinking I'm dying that they wish they had my heart. I guess meth and especially DXM give me moderate to extremely severe panic attacks from time to time. Back to the main story. I went home and took 300 mg Lyrica and 1.5 mg clonazepam and went from dysphoria to an opiate level of euphoria and false sense of well being. I then passed out around 3 pm PST and woke up just a little while ago around 8:45 pm no longer feeling lyrica or klonopin but I feel the return of meth euphoria and itchiness. Not just this time but I,be noticed even with meth itself I feel lingering euphoria and good moods sometimes for up to five days after even a small dose of crappy meth. Is it just me or is there really such a thing as a meth afterglow?

Welcome to Bluelight Mritchie37!

I have never experienced an afterglow from meth. But if you experience one, that's awesome.

Not sure how else i can be of help to you :)

Man you remind me of my buddy Erik with the coricidin. He was addicted to DXM for years and yeah, like you, he did ridiculous combinations of drugs that should have killed or hospitalized most humans. He wasn't bigger though and started doing this shit when he was like 14-15 years old and then meth at 15.

I've had my problems with meth but the dysphoria you describe is normal after using it, especially if you are up for 2 + nights. I mean, what do you expect after artificially pumping your brain full of feel good chemicals for days and then stopping? :p It would take me 5-7 days after a good binge to get back to normal. During that time I am very irritable and blah feeling and my body is sore and all that nasty shit. It wasn't like this when I was using as a kid 15-16 years old but my body was younger and not abused then.

I thought everyone knew to expect the meth blues after using.

You know on second thought, low doses (200mg) once in a night to keep me awake will often feel like an afterglow with the combined steep deprivation and lack of ill effects commonly seen with higher doses.

Last edited: