• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth abscesses - a few questions I need help with asap…

justme6263

Bluelighter
So I shot up meth over the past five days, for the first time. I let someone else deliver the shot as I can’t do it for whatever reason, the first person was Terrible and I didn’t plane to let him do it again - wiggling the needle around inside my arm, not doing as I ask ie when he didn’t hit a vein he would move it around and in and out but I know you remove and find a new site soon as you know you’ve missed the vein. So after that another bloke who hit first time every time was my go to. Until I was fucked up and allowed the first one to do two more shots. This has resulted in three abscesses across both arms.

Here is the question.

I have take my first 400mg Metronidazole pill which has reduced the swelling in an incredibly quick time, like I’m shocked. After 25-30 mins I literally felt the blood move through the area which was swollen and restricting flow. I now feel really quite high too. I wasn’t expecting this though and it’s really thrown me off.

Is that normal and a safe thing?
I getting really strange feeling in different parts of my body, especially the arms and hands. Like pressure being released. It’s quite concerning how high I feel, like will that be 3 x 0.4 shots of build up? If so I’ve only ever had a 0.4 at most. Will I die? Bloody hell I am fucked and panicking aha.

What a nightmare.

Or should I just relax into it and remain calm?

We're you prescribed the Metronidazole for the abscess?

I see where it's good for mouth abscesses, but if you weren't prescribed it, it could be a bad idea to take it in case you need a different antibiotic and there are interactions between them

We're you prescribed the Metronidazole for the abscess?

I see where it's good for mouth abscesses, but if you weren't prescribed it, it could be a bad idea to take it in case you need a different antibiotic and there are interactions between them
Honestly it is the only antibiotic I could get my hands on as soon as possible, my arms were swollen like fuck and were causing me pain. I couldn’t go to the hospital due to not being able drive there and had nobody to bring me. They won’t send out an ambulance for what I had. It was more an act of desperation in that moment for some kind of relief. I did some Google reading and saw that many sites report them as being used for abscesses (they were proscribed by my dentist for a mouth abscess) so figured they will be better than nothing.

I am going to the hospital tomorrow with a lift from my partner, he’s been away in Newcastle.

I’m more concerned about the doses that were sitting there (one since last Saturday morning) and that they will have recrystallised and might cause issues. Because I feel very strange now and not at all how it felt with a fresh shot.