• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth, 5-HTP and B6 dangerous interaction?

Dizmal

Bluelighter
I ingested half a point a point of meth 14 hours ago and another half 6 hours ago via vapourizing, very good stuff effects are still ingering.

When i got home i took 120mg 5-htp, 50mg Vit B6 and 60mg magnessium thinking it woud ease my comedown. About a hour and a half later out of nowwhere i stared getting hypertension and my whole body went tingy and numb and i could barely use my mouse to nagivate to google. Gammy hands and tingly tounge, had similar episodes in panic attacks before.

Read somewhere that 5htp and b6 could have a dangerous interation with meth, dont wanna chance studying right now its difficult to concetrater, the hypertensionm is subsidlng a lil and ive been staying well hydrated but abit concerned any know if im in trouble or going to get seratonin syndrome or is this a residual effect leading u0 to a crap comdown?

Anybody out there :S ? Could this kill or permantly damage me?

Note: I have been taking 120 mg 5 htp and 25mg b6 day and night for the past week with no negative reactions.

Last edited:
The potential danger is the possibility of serotonin syndrome, which is actually not that common with this mixture and comes on very quickly and noticeably when it occurs. How long ago did you take the 5-HTP and how much time had passed in between the meth and the 5-HTP? How are you feeling right now? If you were going to get SS it would be more likely to come from taking a lot of 5-HTP and then using meth, as opposed to using the 5-HTP afterwards to help with the come-down from the meth. I don't think it should be a problem but if you are having symptoms then see a doctor.

The symptoms of serotonin syndrome are as follows:
- headache, agitation, hypomania, mental confusion, hallucinations, coma
- shivering, sweating, hyperthermia, hypertension, tachycardia, nausea, diarrhea.
- muscle twitching, hyperreflexia, tremors

Other than the hypertension (which is normal with meth) the symptoms you described do not seem to match the symptoms of serotonin syndrome and could be a side-effect of the meth or possibly the 5-HTP. If they are getting worse or you are experiencing new symptoms then you might want to seek medical attention. Let us know how you are doing :)

EDIT: By the way, did you start noticing these symptoms before or after you read that 5-HTP and meth could be a dangerous mix? Just wondering if it could be a panic attack caused by the anxiety of wondering if you had just taken something harmful.

Thanks for the reply mate. it just hit me out of the blue while i was listening to music then i searched it up.

Getting funny tingly feels , really agitated and cant concetrated, short of breath, strange feelings in my head but wouldn't call it head ache, been abit hot and cold but not too bad, hypmania, hypertension, haven't felt my heart thumping thankfully but dulls pains in my chest and foot.

Took the 5-htp and b6 at the same time (bad move it think) approx 6 hours after my last hit. Been drinking a shit ton of water and pissing every 10min.

Been 11 hours almoust since the last of the meth, do you have any idea how b6 might react with the latters?

Thanks for the reply mate. it just hit me out of the blue while i was listening to music then i searched it up.

Getting funny tingly feels , really agitated and cant concetrated, short of breath, strange feelings in my head but wouldn't call it head ache, been abit hot and cold but not too bad, hypmania, hypertension, haven't felt my heart thumping thankfully but dulls pains in my chest and foot.

Took the 5-htp and b6 at the same time (bad move it think) approx 6 hours after my last hit. Been drinking a shit ton of water and pissing every 10min.

Been 11 hours almoust since the last of the meth, do you have any idea how b6 might react with the latters?

What the B6 does is help your body to metabolize the 5-HTP. Think of it sort of like a 5-HTP potentiator. Your body needs B6 to convert the 5-HTP into serotonin. All of your symptoms sound pretty normal for a meth come-down. Are they getting worse, staying the same, or getting better? Are you shaking a lot? Tremors are a pretty common sign when someone has serotonin syndrome. If you are in doubt then seek medical attention as I can't provide a diagnosis over the internet.

B6 does make you urinate frequently, that's normal. Meth can do the same thing though.

It's very hard for me to tell if your symptoms could signify something serious, so trust your own judgement and call a medical hotline or something if you are afraid to go to the doctor. Do you have anyone there with you in case you get worse?

^Good post. Whatever you do, don't take any more 5-HTP. 5-HTP can have adverse reactions with drugs that work with serotonin, and methamphetamine is certainly a drug that works with serotonin.

If you experience shortness of breath or other serious symptoms contact emergency medical help immediately.

I have chronix hyperflexia and shortness of breath, but i usually get that on meth comedowns so im not sure what to attribute it to.

Its annoying involuntarly shaking your body and legs and feet so much >.<