View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Metaprolol Tartrate and Mushrooms

game666master

Greenlighter
Hey all. I was recently diagnosed with SVT, and prescribed the beta blocker metaprolol. I have always used mushrooms to help manage my mental health and anxiety, wondering if anyone has any experience taking the two together. I take 50mg of metaprolol twice a day to manage heart rate, blood pressure is normal. Any help or info is appreciated!

After having a heart attack 2 years ago I was placed on 4 blood pressure meds but primarily metaprolol. I have tried the shroomage 3 times since then, up to 5 g of quality cubensis, with little to no effect. Lysergamides and phens still work just fine but it seems that tryptamines do not. Bummer!:(

After having a heart attack 2 years ago I was placed on 4 blood pressure meds but primarily metaprolol. I have tried the shroomage 3 times since then, up to 5 g of quality cubensis, with little to no effect. Lysergamides and phens still work just fine but it seems that tryptamines do not. Bummer!:(

That's quite odd. They shouldn't have any direct pharmacological interaction with beta blockers to my knowledge. I have combined propranolol with all sorts of psychedelics including mushrooms without issue, in fact it helps with some of the side effects with psychedelics.

but to answer @game666master , it should be a fine combination.

I can't answer with direct experience but friend of mine was on beta blockers and tripped every 3rd day. He did eventually die but not from psychedelics or combination with beta blockers.

If you smoke a quarter pound of weed a week, it will catch up to anyone.

That's quite odd. They shouldn't have any direct pharmacological interaction with beta blockers to my knowledge. I have combined propranolol with all sorts of psychedelics including mushrooms without issue, in fact it helps with some of the side effects with psychedelics.

but to answer @game666master , it should be a fine combination.
Thanks! I'm going to try it once I'm done growing this flush. Been paranoid about the combination

I can't answer with direct experience but friend of mine was on beta blockers and tripped every 3rd day. He did eventually die but not from psychedelics or combination with beta blockers.

If you smoke a quarter pound of weed a week, it will catch up to anyone.
Did he ever tell you how the trips were?