NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

I can never tell if I really like this album or not. It has some huge riffs but there is something missing IMO. Still, I am going through their discography (just purhcased a bunch on vinyl!) and can't really skip it

Morbid Angel brings back memories!

A wee inspirational quote from Rotting Christ.

Last edited:
<3 that Death tune, Swillow.

Majorly enamoured with Panopticon's album - pure magic.

Last edited:
^It kicks ass :)

So does this. You know that sudden urge to hear 80's metal? Yep.

Solid tune that I need to listen to further, but I am pumped for the upcoming album

Behemoth vids are a pretty epic production, tbf.

Also fond the 80's metal, mate.

Here's a 90's (arguably metal but nevertheless) nostalgic ode.

I noticed a cultural ( aka buisness) trend toward an obliteration of the past - conveniently creating a vacume for more consuming of pointless over-marketed bullshit ( in music, art and everything that soothes the soul). I rekon it is of design to create an apathy and a hunger for anything seemingly vapid and pointless, that can be PR'd as 'novel' (i.e. not novel from experience and narrative but, manufactured twattish, dullard bullshit) to the undiscerning naieve who has no understanding of how things grow and are cultured from that that came before- therefore declawing creatives of their ability to build individually, from their experience of/on the forebearers of quality meaninful, music - thus leaving them creationally blank and dependent on the industry.

Dont get me started with these plebs with a following of sheep, on social media who review albums. Fucking need a sharp blow to the head with something blunt and pointless - an ode to their own bullshit - to call them cunts would be flattering their narcissistic twattery.

Serious gripe.

Last edited:
When they were a great band & before a homose*ual came into the group, the same guy that walks a dog around Bergen dressed in pink.

^=D

Black Metal is one of the fucking gayest genre's of music that has manifested - predicated on adolescent males; with difficulties processing their fleeting ( or sometimes not) sexual feelings regarding their fathers ( or of sensing their fathers homosexual tendencies ( latent/manifest); they in turn. projected all their repressed awareness, as ire, onto the dogma of religious constriction; which perpetuated such taboos - bam! Black Metal. lol Gaahl is simply, a genuine manifestation of this and capatilised on it ( without killing anyone. as a result of being blindly repressed - nice. :) ) Pretty smart fucker and hilarious troll tbf.

Good tune btw.

;)

Last edited:
^=D

Black Metal is one of the fucking gayest genre's of music that has manifested - predicated on adolescent males; with difficulties processing their fleeting ( or sometimes not) sexual feelings regarding their fathers ( or of sensing their fathers homosexual tendencies ( latent/manifest); they in turn. projected all their repressed awareness, as ire, onto the dogma of religious constriction; which perpetuated such taboos - bam! Black Metal. lol Gaahl is simply, a genuine manifestation of this and capatilised on it ( without killing anyone. as a result of being blindly repressed - nice. :) ) Pretty smart fucker and hilarious troll tbf.

It took me some real time to get into BM, the first time I ever heard some back in the mid 90's I wasn't sold on it as I was much more into fast death metal.
It was from DSBM that I started to get a proper taste & feel for black metal, Burzum & Satanic Warmaster were the ones that really pulled me in back in the day.

Still rate DSBM when done well as a lot better though than any BM band personally.

^Burzum aren't DSBM though. Much DSBM does sound like 3rd rate knock off's of cloned 4th rate knock off- Burzums.

Again and again:

Worst intro ever but kick ass album. Altars of Madness takes the cake though.