NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Nutty, fucking Shining! One of my favourite of the 'new schoolish' black metal stuff. Not quite the boring depressive BM that they spawned, but always with a very particular sound. Really unique in many ways. I'm not that impressed by their new album but this song is really fucking epic.

Baptism by Fire is one of my hype up songs. Love Panzer Division Marduk as an album too.

Avantasia are such a brilliant symphonic/progressive/power metal band. I'm slowly working backwards through their releases, but I'm stuck on The Mystery of Time. Its just too complex and good.

This song is a perfect example of what they do:

We fucking die tonight and that's perfectly alright with me.

Can't believe how good this shit is. Great lyrical themes coupled with utterly crushing music.

^Hmm, interesting choices Nutty :)

Getting it back to the the traditional metal stylexx now, here's some Kreator. Top song!

I dunno if djent is really metal. I tend to agree with metal archives on this. Whatever it is, it does nothing for me.

Sounds like progressive metal to me. The whole djent term is stupid imo. I didn't find the song bad but it didn't blow me away.

Raw Iranian black metal anyone?...

Darkness fell on the earth Demons from Hell Monsters of inhumanity Rejoined us together Against your religion Against your gods Against your humanity Overthrow your generation And ruin your nation until Waste Your god is too weak to protect Your religion is helpless to grant ravage, violence, grave numinous Savage, silence, slaves, dominus Now shadows arrived And darkness revived To reign the world forever by evil.

Pretty crazy there's a band like this in Iran where I'm pretty sure they could literally be killed for making music like this.

Last edited:
^Admirable, to say the least.

Norweigan, cultural tourist-board anthem. ;)

Last edited: