NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

I like the recent bands blending black and death metal seemlessly. There are a number such as Portal, Grave Miasma, Teitanblood who play what people often ddescribe as cavernous death metal. It sounds exactly like 2nd wave BM production with death metal riffs. I can't listen to much of it but this is pretty cool.

The riffs are so dreary and uneasy.

Hey Nutty, what do you think of Mgla?

Gazing into the abyss with the intensity of a madman
Desperately awaiting the day it looks back
Lest ye forget the monsters

Last edited:
/\ That's badass and fitting for the black metal kick I've been on lately. I've created some riffs that are pretty similar to the first one.

^I simply could not get into All Shall Fall. I'm not sure why, it basically had all the Immortal ingredients. It just seemed a bit phoned in. No real progression which was why it was exciting when a new Immortal album came out. You were never too sure what you would get. The change between Battles in the North and Blizzard Beasts is bizarre and awesome. I felt the same about last years Abbath album, just boring and typical. And Immortal are a top 5 band for me, easily.

Anyway, I went through a huge power metal kick earlier in the year and discovered some awesome bands (and heaps of really shit ones too). Kamelot has to be one of them, I urge all metal fans to listen to this stuff. Its symphonic power metal but has none of the cheesiness of most power metal (well, it has a bit but its power fucking metal okay?!). Their music is often quite sombre and threatening.

This tune is pretty fucking triumphant though, I love Khan's voice. He became a born again realy hardcore Christian and no longer wishes to be associated with metal whatsever. Its crazy, his voice is awesome.

Last edited: