• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids metabolizing question

MetalHead91

Greenlighter
Hey,
First I would like to state that I have ZERO tolerance to opioids.
Anyway, my question is:
I cant seem to metabolize codeine into morphine because of that CYP2D6 thingy, I've tried about 150 mg of CWE'd codeine and felt absolutely nothing.
Today I tried 100 mg's of Tramadol for the first time, its been 5-6 hours and I dont feel a thing.
from what I've read most opioids (or all of them?) are metabolized via CYP2D6 (except for morphine I guess), so is it possible I'll never get anything from them?

Sorry for my english and if this question was asked before, and thanks ahead.

honestly mate count yourself lucky, i'm 24 and i'ma heroin addict and it sucks.

I'm a benzo addict i guess.
Regarding my question, It's mostly out of curiosity as I dont plan on using them much (or at all)

Codeine is a pro-drug so it needs to be metabolized, tramadols metabolite has stronger affinity for the mu-opioid receptor and is around 3 times more potent iirc.
Other opioids don't need to be metabolized thus you should feel them and maybe the deficiency will even give you an advantage as it takes longer for the drugs to be metabolized

Just don't take drugs like DXM

ah well yeah bummer dude.
i guess if you were really hellbent on tasting the forbidden fruit there's always morpheus and his cousin bobbie, but i wouldn't recommend.

Was scrolling and I saw this. I just needed to tell you, as a mom....I love you. Please be safe. Admitting it to the people who will judge you is scary...but maybe they won't...and if they can help you instead, think of how many years of laughter lie ahead? Close your eyes; I am hugging you close to my heart.

HOLY SHIT. I just saw....who...