• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline?

Anyone use an anti emetic like valoid with it or do you just suffer through the nausea?

I used to like HBWR, the dreamy easy trip would have been fantastic were it not for the early part where I am sweating bullets trying to keep it down the more when I am vomiting up.

I’m a puker and have never once yakked from any cacti, in fact only one time if I remember correctly and it was from very pure Mescaline acetate. Not even sure if I puked or just got majorly swamped by the comeup. Learning lesson. Never consume Mescaline all at once, take it over an hour period.

It’s all on how you prepare it.

-GC

Ondansetron is supposed to work like a charm. Cannabis would help, but brings its own risks. Everything else, well...YMMV. Lemon essential oil works really well for me, but l other than 69Ron I don't know anyone that uses it. I don't care if it's a placebo so long as it works well.

Also, don't take it all at once. If you've got crystalline mescaline, pour it into some juice and drink it over the course of an hour. If you've got cactus snot, it can be harder to divide the dose, as drinking it while nauseated can be impossible. It can be managed, though.

G_Chem, could you describe your method? 50/50 vinegar soak has a lot of options, wet - dry? Thanks.

G_Chem, could you describe your method? 50/50 vinegar soak has a lot of options, wet - dry? Thanks.

Which one ;)

Honestly the way I usually go these days is make a 50/50 vinegar and distilled water solution, pour in just enough to cover your material (dry or wet doesn’t matter, although I’d give it longer if it’s dry) and let it sit somewhere dark at room temperature for 1-3 weeks depending how long you wanna wait. Agitate often.

Once done decant liquid through a cheesecloth into another container. If the liquid isn’t too viscous then filter through a coffee filter, if you attempt this and fail don’t worry. You just want to filter as much as possible to get out as much plant material as possible.

Then simply pour this water extract into a glass dish, set in front of a fan and dry. You’d be amazed at how pure of an extract can be obtained by this simple method.

This method beats any alcohol extraction out there by a long shot in ease and purity, only it doesn’t dry as fast (patience is a virtue.)

Often the dosage of extract via this method is 2-10g of very water soluble product that doesn’t taste crazy bad (or crazy good lol). Alcohol extracts typically yield a much nastier tar with dosages often ranging more in the teens.

Also when consuming tea make sure you have both a way to wash down the fat soluble and water soluble portions of the nasty flavor, it’s a multi component nastiness that has to be dealt with in a special way.

To get down tea, have a bag of Fritos and a flavored drink like Gatorade or something. After a big gulp chase with Fritos which have oils on them as well as a texture that pulls down a lot of the nastiest flavor, then wash after with the drink. Me and my people swear by this...

If you really want pure though you gotta do a full A/B extraction. Time consuming but well worth the effort. My last batch I gave to my brother who said when he took it it felt like he turned into an Android and anything he’d look at would have like data streaming next to it like you see with robot vision in movies.

Last time I took pure Mescaline I was seeing shit thatcwasnt there, watched a car drive at me only to blink and watch it disappear.. Crazy drug.

-GC

@G_Chem

See, I always boiled down my cactus for several hours, filtered, and reduced the tea into a gummy substance, rolled it up and put it in a jar until I wanted it. I even forgot it on the stove once and burned the hell out of it and it still worked great. From what I understand, it is all but impossible to destroy Mescaline.

How much cactus do you need for one dose using your method?

@G_Chem

See, I always boiled down my cactus for several hours, filtered, and reduced the tea into a gummy substance, rolled it up and put it in a jar until I wanted it. I even forgot it on the stove once and burned the hell out of it and it still worked great. From what I understand, it is all but impossible to destroy Mescaline.

How much cactus do you need for one dose using your method?

Yea Mescaline is very stable, as you may already know they found samples of cacti in a cave thousands of years old that still contained appreciable amounts.

That said I personally did torch a bit sometime and while I feel the Mescaline can survive it other alkaloids in the mix can’t.

I have a rule of thumb on all “chemistry projects” is to always go low and slow whenever possible, it’s done me well. But yea boiling down works too.

The way to do it for hasty evaporation. Get a hotplate as well as a fan with a heat setting, use the hotplate until near evaporated and then allow the fan to finish up.

As for how much I use, it’s very dependent on the cutting used. I swear by growing my own and using the material grown at home for tea or extraction. It seems the growing conditions and repeated cutting of the tops causes the plants to produce increased alkaloids. These home grown tops (the supple fresh tops are the best IMO) are thin and soft but pack a major punch compared to many cuttings bought online and grown in the Southwest US.

If you buy online, expect to need 6-24in of San Pedro or 4-12in Bridgesii. Grown yourself you can cut those numbers in half and the cuttings are half as thick too, making for a lot less plant material to consume compared to the alkaloid levels.

-GC

Thanks GC. I'll give it a try. Plenty of fresh material to work with here.

I've done all the other "mainstream" psychedelics many times, however never mescaline.

Can anyone describe it in their own words? Maybe compare it to LSD/mushrooms/2c-x?

I grew up in an area where peyote grew naturally, but never got my hands on it.

I'm curious and might extract some san pedro or peruvian torch. Is it even worth it? These cacti are expensive.

Thanks.

From what I understand its very similar to either 2ce or 2cb

as you may already know they found samples of cacti in a cave thousands of years old that still contained appreciable amounts.
I have indeed heard this.

If you were an Archaeologist who opened a tomb to find some 2.5k year-old peyote buttons in the contents, would you nibble on them?

I took some Laudanum from the 1800s once...

Which one ;)

Honestly the way I usually go these days is make a 50/50 vinegar and distilled water solution, pour in just enough to cover your material (dry or wet doesn’t matter, although I’d give it longer if it’s dry) and let it sit somewhere dark at room temperature for 1-3 weeks depending how long you wanna wait. Agitate often.

Once done decant liquid through a cheesecloth into another container. If the liquid isn’t too viscous then filter through a coffee filter, if you attempt this and fail don’t worry. You just want to filter as much as possible to get out as much plant material as possible.

Then simply pour this water extract into a glass dish, set in front of a fan and dry. You’d be amazed at how pure of an extract can be obtained by this simple method.

This method beats any alcohol extraction out there by a long shot in ease and purity, only it doesn’t dry as fast (patience is a virtue.)

Often the dosage of extract via this method is 2-10g of very water soluble product that doesn’t taste crazy bad (or crazy good lol). Alcohol extracts typically yield a much nastier tar with dosages often ranging more in the teens.

-GC

This sounds like just the kind of extraction I've been looking for. Does the vinegar tend to fully react with the alkaloids and leave a neutral pH product?

I've been making water extracts for years and stashing them in the freezer, and still haven't tried any. I'm wondering if I can rinse it with vinegar to further purify it, and separate out some of the fats and junk in there.

WHAT?!? Just look at your icon! I can't believe it!!
Haha I've eaten SP cactus a few times (only thrice I believe, and peyote a couple times), and never my own home grown ones. Regardless, its left a lasting impact on me and I see it as the grandfather of the phenethylamines.

I've done all the other "mainstream" psychedelics many times, however never mescaline.

Can anyone describe it in their own words? Maybe compare it to LSD/mushrooms/2c-x?

I grew up in an area where peyote grew naturally, but never got my hands on it.

I'm curious and might extract some san pedro or peruvian torch. Is it even worth it? These cacti are expensive.

Thanks.
It's totally different to all the others

You can still get Methallylescaline from Clearweb > UK if you know where to look, that's meant to be quite similar to the real deal., but not the same

I have indeed heard this.

If you were an Archaeologist who opened a tomb to find some 2.5k year-old peyote buttons in the contents, would you nibble on them?

I took some Laudanum from the 1800s once...

Na I put them in the stash or framed on the wall lol.

This sounds like just the kind of extraction I've been looking for. Does the vinegar tend to fully react with the alkaloids and leave a neutral pH product?

I've been making water extracts for years and stashing them in the freezer, and still haven't tried any. I'm wondering if I can rinse it with vinegar to further purify it, and separate out some of the fats and junk in there.

Nope there is excess acid, but when doing an extract where you’ll be drying it out in the end it’s best to use excess acetic acid and then what’s leftover with evaporate off.

Oh man I’m jealous if you have that much starting material you should a/b for a decent amount of pure alkaloid. Thats what I’d do with a lot saved up.

You could rinse with minimal vinegar but make sure you swirl/stir/scrape/cut/agitate the extract all to hell when you do to ensure nothing is left behind.

An easy method would be to dissolve in minimal amount of vinegar, extract 2-3 times to ensure all the alkaloids, filter solution, then wash your collected water extracts with a non polar solvent to try and wash away some more crap. Separate and discard non polar solvent, then re evaporate to get a more pure product.

-GC

Mescaline is as much an empathogen as it is a psychedelic. It reminds me of MDMA moreso than LSD, but it is much more psychedelic than MDMA. Where LSD and mushrooms can be wild and chaotic and very visual and prone to lots of extreme ups and down (especially mushrooms), mescaline is a warm, stable, wise, gentle calm. It can be visionary at high doses, but isn't visual in the same way as other psychedelics. The trip is all about love, of others and the self, in a much less forced and sappy way than MDMA. It feels like a wise teacher. it is very difficult for me to imagine having a bad time on mescaline. It puts me very in touch with my physical/animal self as well as my higher self. I feel sharp and coordinated and able to run for hours. It is not discombobulating at all, except perhaps at very high dosages.

It's worth noting that cactus has various other alkaloids that probably contribute to the experience including some MAOIs in some species. I have heard than peyote is a more intense experience than san pedro. I have had san pedro, peruvian torch (those were rather identical), and pure mescaline, which I found lighter and less immersive.

Mescaline is surprisingly subtle yet powerful, it's truly a beautiful substance.

You could rinse with minimal vinegar but make sure you swirl/stir/scrape/cut/agitate the extract all to hell when you do to ensure nothing is left behind.

An easy method would be to dissolve in minimal amount of vinegar, extract 2-3 times to ensure all the alkaloids, filter solution, then wash your collected water extracts with a non polar solvent to try and wash away some more crap. Separate and discard non polar solvent, then re evaporate to get a more pure product.

-GC

What non polar solvent would you recommend? This part always sketches me out a bit..

What non polar solvent would you recommend? This part always sketches me out a bit..

Toluene, xylene, and naphtha will work. Store them in a non-living space, use them with halfway decent ventilation (aka fan in a window or good bathroom exhaust fan) and you’ll be fine. Use gloves too obviously.

It’s not necessary though if you want to avoid it, I don’t usually.

-GC