• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Mescaline vs. LSD

Which do you like better: mescaline or LSD?

• mescaline

Votes: 95 31.7%
  • LSD

Votes: 121 40.3%
  • no preference

Votes: 84 28.0%

• Total voters
honestly I love mescaline. its head space is so unique, light, good natured, deep, serene.

the only downfall for me is the 12-13 hour duration. that type of tripping just doesnt fit into my life right now :(

Eat around a mg and spend 6 hours or so talking to people you THINK are in the room with you, realizing every now and then that you've been alone the whole time..only to forget a few seconds later and start chatting up no-one again haha

Low to Medium dose, I totally agree, but you can push the envelope right off the table if you have enough paper

that just sounds like you took deliriants.

Mescaline vs LSD.
thats like so not doable in my opinion. Its like asking wheter you like your mum or dad better, they each love you in a different way.

Mescaline is way more earthy for me, and way more intense in comparison to my acid trips. It fucks with what is there a lot more than acid.

Acid is cleaner, (maybe because i have only had cactus tea for my mecaline trips). Its visuals are bright and sparkly whereas cactus trips have dirty muted colours for me.

I found I can get the best of both worlds (since having run out of acid)

1. take mescaline hcl for an awesome mescaline experience

2. if we take 250mg mescaline hcl + 350ug (micrograms) of HPBCD complexed 25i-nbome under tongue for 20 minutes for an experience that is 100% indistinguishable from 175ug of acid. The receptor affinity profile of mescaline + 25i-nbome together very closely resembles the 5-HT and alpha receptor affinity profile for LSD. The experience is exactly like LSD, and she agrees 100%,

The only difference is that it feels more pleasurable and there is zero to little anxiety, also it is far more visual than acid and colors pop out even more, hundreds of shades of color you have never seen before can be seen. Music sounds the best we have ever heard it on the hybrid combination and the OEV and CEV are out of this world beautiful, meaningful, archaic, and the trip is 100% fully mind manifesting, impossible to tell apart from acid.

3. If we take 50mg doses of mescaline every 1/2 hour, we are both able to eliminate any feelings of nausea completely, and the come-up is very smooth. There is very little tolerance to mescaline, so even taking another dose an hour to two hours later still has about 90% of the original effectivenss, you can't do this with LSD or tryptamines.

Last edited:
Eat around a mg and spend 6 hours or so talking to people you THINK are in the room with you, realizing every now and then that you've been alone the whole time..only to forget a few seconds later and start chatting up no-one again haha

Low to Medium dose, I totally agree, but you can push the envelope right off the table if you have enough paper

Haha man I reckon I've had 2mg+ and I definitely saw shit that didn't exist but u didn't try to interact with them. You must have been toasted!

Why versus? IMO Mescaline and LSD are the two shining gems of the psychedelic world.....to say the least. Together is a grand ride as well.

Why versus? IMO Mescaline and LSD are the two shining gems of the psychedelic world.....to say the least. Together is a grand ride as well.
Agree 100% with this post, both are excellant in their way, and clean mescaline hcl powder is great, lol..LSD is great..both are great..lol..I have a few capsules of mescaline hcl powder right now, they are 500+ mg capsules meant to be splitted into 2 doses, anyway, It is a hard thing to find real mescaline hcl powder ,especially properly done, high purity stuff..luckily I know someone who gets cacti and another person, who knows someone,etc..lol..that is a chemist, so that chemist can make a lot of high purity,clean mescaline hcl powder , but it is not a common thing sadly, getting the cacti is a major thing, so It is around very rarely and only in a small circle of people...lol

Welcome to bluelight ^

I was talking about the post before mine though, saying there are similarities between schizophrenic behavior and what excessive doses of LSD can produce.

If it is said that a bad LSD experience can trigger schizophrenia in people susceptible to it, why should we not think there is a connection between the two experiences?

I believe it certainly can. "Schizophrenia" is not a solid disorder that is the same for every human - its a blanket term for something we do not understand - people stuck in psychosis many times of a spiritual nature of all different types and reasons. A bad LSD trip can last a verrrrrrrry long time (as can a bad mescaline one though very very rare) and can include some pretty crazy delusions. Would definitly be diagnosed as schizophrenia. I know because I went through it. I made it out and am no longer delusional (well, most would consider my spiritual beliefs delusional but I no longer feel like my reality is malevoyent and working against me and realized all is love and light and growth)

Agree 100% with this post, both are excellant in their way, and clean mescaline hcl powder is great, lol..LSD is great..both are great..lol..I have a few capsules of mescaline hcl powder right now, they are 500+ mg capsules meant to be splitted into 2 doses, anyway, It is a hard thing to find real mescaline hcl powder ,especially properly done, high purity stuff..luckily I know someone who gets cacti and another person, who knows someone,etc..lol..that is a chemist, so that chemist can make a lot of high purity,clean mescaline hcl powder , but it is not a common thing sadly, getting the cacti is a major thing, so It is around very rarely and only in a small circle of people...lol
250mg is a VERY light dose of pure mesc... for a breakthru experience i'd shoot for maybe 750 or more and for a good trip at least 500mg. as far as getting the cactus goes - that is simply not true. It is very widely and easily available on the internet.

Last edited:
LSD by a long shot, I only ingested Mescaline once it was rewarding, but really is this even a question!? Maybe I just love L-25 2 Much

Thanks psychedelic summer for your like on page #2: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/mescaline-vs-lsd.336788/page-2#post-5282608

I've taken LSD hundreds of times and bridgesii cactus tea over 200 times in a decade, and purified mescaline in amounts from 300 to 500mg long before I started to use the bridgesii tea exclusively as mescaline source.

Over the summer, I put the breaks on the Sublingual Ayahuasca https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96861&p=22, and use my home grown bridgesii cactus instead. My wife, her sister and teenage daughters go at least once a week to the waterpark down the street. I only use the cactus tea for outside as mescaline was made for outdoors. I grow a patio of bridgesii which get morning sun only, to shield from the hot, intolerant heat.

Trip report 6-8-22 Wed at the waterpark:

Today at 10am, drank the tea made from 780g de-corred chunks (3 of these bad boys), peeled wax skin from outer later, boiled for 45 minutes on high, then filtered thru a strainer, then reduced the liquid down to 6oz, then filtered the 6oz thru a cotton ball stuffed in a funnel, to get out any nausea causing particles to the intestines. Anytime I do this, I end up with a zero nausea, heavenly experience....so long as you can tolerate the bitter taste of the cactus, you are in for a treat.

Also took 300mg of pure THH 1 hour after drinking the cactus tea (never take at the same, but stagger by 1 hour, you don't want the mild maoi's in the cactus mixing with the SRI which is THH, I've done it before, trust me you don't as your heart beat will accelerate for several hours. Always take the cactus tea 1st, then 1 hour later take the THH, in that order only.

Around noon, the cactus tea and THH was working very well! Felt like a 500mg strong mescaline experience....all of nature looked like an outdoor fairy tale land full of neon colored bikinis...the open eye beauty was un-real, infinite in it's scope, nature shown with a diamondlike brilliance, strong deep head space, profound spiritual awakening, the music being played was just heavenly.

Home at 3pm (several hours after they opened) and it's still working very well! Playing music is just phenomenal...and all the movie stars on television look like glowing brilliant colored cartoon versions of themselves. Cactus always does a fine job of exaggerating facial and body features. The colors on cactus are extraordinary, and not of this planet, neon red-greens, neon orange-blues, neon purple-yellows. With eyes closed I saw majestic scenery of palaces and gardens, and some weird alien kind of creatures made of purple colors, a group of 3 of them looking back at me. I saw far away places, and completely naked beautiful women all neon glowing and flirting. Gotta love the cactus.

Artwork courtesy Hannah Faith Yata, Chuck Sperry "empathy"

Stay true to yourself. Love, peace and music.
https://www.friskyradio.com

bridgesii cactus from garden.PNG

So far, I've gone to the waterpark once a week every week this summer, each time taking somewhere between 780 and 1,000g of bridgesii fresh chunks from my smaller home grown bridgesii (post #421 pic). Each 6oz pint jar when full, holds the equivalent of 1,000g fresh bridgesii chunks boiled down. Last week I drank 1000g or one 6oz jar not shown (used up). 1,000g (what it is in a 6oz jar) divided by two gives me the equivalent of 500mg very strong mescaline after I drink the whole 6oz jar.

I'm going again to waterpark in 3 hours this morning this wed, drinking an entire jar on the right, this 6oz will again have around 500mg mescaline.

Trip report at the waterpark (last Friday) from 11am till 3pm:

I drank an entire 6oz tea (500mg mescaline equivalent).

My favorite thing to do is sit in the wave pool on the outskirt with my wife her sister and teenage daughters, and sit in the waves as they splash up on me, sometimes so powerful they turn my body sideways as I laugh and smile...just like being in the ocean, love the sounds of the waves, and people watching, they play music over the loud speakers...I watch the patterns and neon colors wash across the water, very euphoric, total spiritual ecstasy...the music sounds incredible. Very profound spiritual experience...deep head space, infinite open eyed beauty, nature shines like a diamond, neon colored bikinis, when looking at the clouds in the sky, they move as if in animated stop motion, like frame shots taken every half seconds, beautiful experience beyond any words. Walking in the gift shops always tells me how hard I am tripping, as the hanging beads from ceiling to floor shine and glisten like diamonds, the women look so beautiful, beauty is insane. Their facial and body features are exaggerated like a cartoon, there is a feeling like all of Heaven is smiling down on you that is common with cactus.

Update 6.22.2022:
Even though I always wait at least 7 days between trips, I drank this 4 days later on Wed before going to waterpark again, and it still kicked much ass! felt just like a 500mg to 600mg experience. Blew my mind. All of nature looked just incredible....beauty unreal everywhere....even back home at 3pm it was still kicking my ass...music is just phenomenal..so bad ass.

Pic: artwork courtesy Jillian Evelyn (Juxtapoz art mag), each 6oz cactus tea jar when full contains 1,000g fresh cactus bridgesii chunks boiled down (around 500mg mescaline). The chunks are boiled on hi for 45 minutes, then filtered thru a strainer, reduced to 6oz then filtered thru a cotton ball in a funnel to remove all the nauseating particles to the intestines for a zero nausea experience.

zzzzz bridgesii cactus tea.JPG

Last edited:
Can't say I prefer one over the other. Interestingly Mckenna was lukewarm towards both but thought the two combined with such a synergy that it practically created a new drug. That spoke like mushrooms or DMT.

I've dabbled in and explored the world of cactus (Peruvian/Bolivian torch; never mescaline hcl) far more than acid. So there's that caveat.

I find LSD in my limited dabblngs clearer; more elegant, graceful, poignant, functional, revelatory, psychological, exploratory, dangerous & disturbing mentally, sociable, nostalgic & longer lasting to my shock; but not by much. I've only done Mescaline as a cactus tea (so with extra alkaloids) with residual plant material causing ungodly nausea, & purging-which becomes part of the experience. It was speedier; more colorful, sensual, hallucinations of all 5 or 6! senses, mystical, dark, haunting, metaphorical, empathogenic, sweet, strange, animistic, elemental, wonderous, visually versatile, enduring...afterglow lasted over a month-some of the visions are still with me. Both can be equally profound/detailed/morphing/fractal-revealing and creative. I'll put it this way LSD was like the wind or fire, mescaline was like the earth or water in my experience. Science/technology vs magic/occult etc...