View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline + LSA = Aztec-flipping?

Azure Cloud

Bluelighter
Anybody ever try this combo? I have, combining cacti extract with Hawaiian Baby WormRose. It was actually a little to0 intense for me. Everything went all "day of the dead" themed. Did not like it at all.

I actually read an incredible sounding trip report about this combo like years back. I personally, though, have no interest in trying it. I just mixed morning glory with LSD, for me the cleanest drug in the world, and the side effects were absolutely miserable, especially the nausea. Mixing it with mescaline instead sounds like a rather effective method of torture. :S

Pot brownies and LSA was lovely, like a five hour hug from the universe. I thought if that is nice then combining with cacti would be great. Turned out I was jumping to conclusions.

I have enjoyed LSA alone (well, with smoked weed) before as well, and had similar thoughts about mixing it with the LSD. As I said, miserable. The LSA inhibited the LSD from really doing it's thing, and the LSD drastically intensified my perception of the physical junk the LSA was doing to my body. Never again.... To be fair, I'm really starting to lose interest in drugs with any significant body effects at all, including LSA alone for me due to the nausea at the beginning, but I can handle that if I have to. This combo was just god awful. If I hadn't stayed lucidly aware of which drugs I had taken I probably would have called 911. It felt like the inside of my chest was being ripped apart.

Yeah, it seems like LSD and LSA would be competing for the receptors. Mescaline and LSx seems more akin to a Speedball @least in the synergy amongst distinct pathways.

That's what I was thinking too, that maybe tweaking LSD's receptor affinities slightly with natural ergot alkaloids might but have been the best idea considering how unpleasant so many natural compounds directly related to LSD are known to be.... With mescaline it's really just the nausea that turns me off to the whole idea, I freaking hate nausea... especially because I have a strong stomach for it, meaning I almost never throw up for any dug ever, no matter how much better I know it would make me feel. Bleh.

It is funny how time erases the bad memories. When I think of cacti now, puking isn't what I recall. But thinking hard on it, yeah I puked almost every time. I guess that was such an insignificant part of the process to me that I never really dwelled on it. For me the purging came on fast and was over quickly.

You're lucky. I can tell you for sure that more often than not, that won't happen for me... I'll just stay nauseous until it finally fades away. As a result I'm more interested in finding nausea-free preparations, and probably won't often use cacti.... I hear mescaline acetate can be fairly tame I'm that way. I'll probably give that a shot first.

Even after throwing up? I assumed that because i tend to let go easily and go with the flow, I've avoid a lot of bad trips. I learned the hard way to not hold back when the nausea comes. But we are all set up different.

After ending up completely naked when I should not of been, I was on HBWR, I've never touched another tryptophan after that. I swear I felt like I was tripping for two weeks after that.

What I'm saying is, there will be no holding back of nausea on my part.... I could spend the whole trip perched over the toilet and it will likely never happen. I say this thinking back to almost every nauseous drug experience I've ever had in my life, none of which have been enjoyable because there was never any release no matter how much I wanted it. I would love to be proven wrong in this way, I'm just not expecting it. I also can let go into a trip easily, just not that way. It seems to be physical, not psychological. Believe me, I would if I could.

A two week trip sounds fantastic to me, just not on HBWR haha. I freaking love the craziness of tryptamines as long as they're not physically uncomfortable. Honestly mescaline is really the only phenethylamine I'm still overly interested in.

That's too bad about the whole nausea thing.

Actually from my perspective the two week trip was great. My family thought I was insane. I was trying to explain how the air itself was a living entity that only wanted to grant the wishes of everybody. However, because everybody had such selfish intentions, this lead the world to be the fucked up conflicted place it is today. I'm still not convinced that I wasn't too far off base.

It was like I was living between or in two worlds or planes of existence for those two weeks. I actually sometimes miss the insanity of it all. I even thought street signs were alive and communicating with us.....and I miss that.

Yeah, that sounds great. X) That sounds like a pretty intense trip for lasting that long, you must have loosened a few screws pretty good with that dose hahaha. But yeah, I feel you.... As I said in the other thread, I enjoy a good loss of sanity, hehe. Honestly though that ^^ would be a pretty powerful trip on any psychedelic for me no matter how long it lasted; I don't really get strong psychological effects of that particular type from psychedelics alone, not yet anyway. Not to say that my trips don't get profoundly powerful, I just haven't slipped into that level of madness from a psychedelic yet, or anything really. Part of why I'm interested in exploring tryptamines more than phenethylamines.

I was teetering between psychedelic and psychotic for two weeks. Honestly it is not the kind of experience one goes looking for. It is the kind of experience that finds you and truly tests your mettle. I'm lucky to have passed the test, but I'll never be able to casually drop again.

Hmm, I am torn about how to respond.... On one hand, it's rare that I ever intend to dose in a way I would describe as casually, and after last night it may not be ever again. It actually is the kind of experience I seek out, and have in fact come up with many future plans to achieve it with over the years for when the setting allows. On the other hand, I can never actually know until I've been through it myself. I suppose only time will tell~

Seems like a good waste of mescaline? And also on mescaline alone you can be glad if you are past the nausea, I would never add too much stuff that is bad on the gut.

Is it about randomly trying combinations, I assume not.. so then instead the fact that mescaline does not always offer guarantees for crazy visual fun?

Also I beg of you, don't come up with street names for a tripping combo. :) Also I thought -flipping was reserved for combo's involving LSD.

Seems like a good waste of mescaline?

Also I beg of you, don't come up with street names for a tripping combo. :) Also I thought -flipping was reserved for combo's involving LSD.
For me, yes it was a waste of cacti. But it was a very difficult head space and I did learn a lot. So maybe not a waste, but more than I bargained for and more than I wanted at the time.

I wasn't trying to make up a street name, just a catchy thread title....(point taken).

Hmm, I am torn about how to respond.... On one hand, it's rare that I ever intend to dose in a way I would describe as casually, and after last night it may not be ever again. It actually is the kind of experience I seek out, and have in fact come up with many future plans to achieve it with over the years for when the setting allows. On the other hand, I can never actually know until I've been through it myself. I suppose only time will tell~
We are all seekers of knowledge and wisdom. I just didn't know what I was looking for...or didn't properly consider where I was going at the time.

I've only tripped on mushrooms since, even heroic doses (7+ g dried cubes) and not a bad trip since the cacti + HBWR. I think living thru it and integrating the lesson made me much stronger in the mental plane...if that makes sense.