• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline Boiling Point (San Pedro)

Yes that’s exactly it! I was the first of my crew to try it and I was trying to describe it afterwards and basically gave them a mash up of what we’ve discussed here. Knowing me for as long as they have they all looked at me like I was crazy but I couldn’t describe it any other way. It has this incredible way of making you feel like you’re doing exactly what you should be doing, where you’re supposed to be doing it, with whom you should be doing it, when you’re supposed to be doing it. Unless you’ve tried it you really can’t relate. Sort of like MDMA but not so forced. And a profound sense of being around a presence that pre-dates human beings. I honestly don’t know why more people who like psychedelics haven’t done it. I’ve yet to meet someone who’s done it that doesn’t absolutely love it.

Yeah, I've been hyping it to my friends who all say they want to try it. I think the main reason more people interested in psychedelics don't try Mescaline is because of lack of availability. It's a lot easier to sell bits of paper or bags of dried fungus than it is to sell cactus juice, so that's what gets traded around.

Re: LSD/shrooms - pretty much my thoughts exactly. Mescaline seems to heal on an emotional and spiritual level. LSD/shrooms help me sort things out in a creative way that I find very helpful but as time goes on I use them less and less. A little too harsh at times although I’ve always enjoyed them every time I’ve taken them. Mescaline feels like a cleansing experience in that I don’t have a particular game plan or understanding of what I need to work on, I just don’t seem to care about trivial things anymore. I guess it kinda of rights the ship without leaving a clear explanation of how it did it. Words are inadequate when it comes to mescaline lol.

Yeah I feel that. I always feel at the end of an LSD trip that my body & mind has run a psychedelic marathon. I'm not going to say it's a "crash", but I definitely feel drained. Even though the Mesc lasts longer, I don't feel that it is as taxing on my systems. The fade out is very gradual and pleasant. And to your point about words: there's an old phrase, "writing about music is like dancing about architecture". You could probably replace music with psychedelics there. ?

I’ve spent the better part of the last 6 months working extensively with DMT and although I vaped it initially I rarely do so anymore. The oral experience is by far my preferred method although I recently started taking Harmalas orally before vaping (sort of a modified changa) and that is essentially a 20-30 min oral experience and has a similar ability to slow down the madness and make it immersive. DMT has a more mystical quality to it in the sense that some of the visions are awe inspiring but I don’t understand why my subconscious and/or the universe is showing it to me even though I know there is some deeper meaning to it. Lots of symbolism and metaphor going on in the DMT world. Highly recommend changa and aya/pharmahuasca if you have access.

Very interesting. Thanks for the points of view! ? It is definitely on the list.

This is what I was curious about ? That the pulp solids, resting on the bottom of the pot, might heat up, potentially destroying the alkaloids.

Maybe something like this?
c794_y_strainer.jpg

This is why I always brew at a low simmer type temperature. If I get it rolling boiling I only do so briefly and intermittently.

I recommend going with a simmer for 12-24 hours if you can. That seems to work beautifully.

-GC

Dunno if this is obvious, but the cacti is being shredded to a pulp with a food processor before the boiling right?

^^^Great question, and I’m assuming directed at me? Lol. Either way...

I recommend against the food processing unless the end product is going to be an extract. For tea, I cut log into thin slices like cutting a loaf of bread, then cut each star in 1/4’s.

When using a food processor or blender it creates a much more nauseating tea with very little additional increase in potency.

If going for an extract, palatability isn’t a concern..

-GC

Maybe have a look here:

I remember in a thread somewhere on bluelight reading a post from a guy who did 2 boils. One super hot boil for a shorter amount of time I think, and one at a lower temp boil for a longer time. Then he combined the two. I think he had specific reasons as to why it worked better. I want to look and find it now.

How much of a difference do you guys notice from a shorter 4 hourish tea to a longer 12-24 hour one?

^^^Great question, and I’m assuming directed at me? Lol. Either way...

I recommend against the food processing unless the end product is going to be an extract. For tea, I cut log into thin slices like cutting a loaf of bread, then cut each star in 1/4’s.

When using a food processor or blender it creates a much more nauseating tea with very little additional increase in potency.

If going for an extract, palatability isn’t a concern..

-GC

I am attempting this soon, and will compare to my previous boils using blended pulp. Do you still squeeze the bag (or t-shirt) full of solid chunks of cactus during the straining process?

Told ya so :) not that you were doubting me but.. lol

So glad to hear man!!! Yea I’m a puker without a doubt, I puke almost every time I take MDMA, but have never once thrown up from SP tea.

I never answered before but I personally don’t even press the chunks at the end or anything. I just brew for however long then stain it off through the grate on the lid of the pot.

I’ve often wondered that the reason the potency is similar between blended and chunked is maybe because the cactus excretes the alkaloids as a last ditch effort to protect itself while getting brewed?

Either way glad your having a good experience brotha :) (or sista)

-GC

Told ya so :) not that you were doubting me but.. lol

So glad to hear man!!! Yea I’m a puker without a doubt, I puke almost every time I take MDMA, but have never once thrown up from SP tea.

I never answered before but I personally don’t even press the chunks at the end or anything. I just brew for however long then stain it off through the grate on the lid of the pot.

I’ve often wondered that the reason the potency is similar between blended and chunked is maybe because the cactus excretes the alkaloids as a last ditch effort to protect itself while getting brewed?

Either way glad your having a good experience brotha :) (or sista)

-GC

Thanks! ? Yes, the experience was very pleasant. I took about 3.5 feet in total, though the cactus segments were not particularly thick in diameter. I will say that it seemed like this high of a dose lasted exceptionally long; I was getting evident CEVs more than 12 hours after ingestion, and residual effects really felt like they persisted for nearly 24 hours.

Interesting theory on the alkaloid excretion. Could it be that when the cactus is blended, it is pulverized before it has a chance to produce any more alkaloids? Not a biochemist, so I'm not sure whether this concept would even be viable... Not blending certainly reduced the foul taste, though I am fortunately someone with a bit of an iron stomach, and have never puked from any boils. (Several years as a mild-to-moderate alcoholic can harden your digestive tract. That's something that psychedelics helped me in overcoming, btw. I fully support the research that MAPS and others are doing into this.)

To the person who asked about brewing time.... for the first 3 times, I followed the Erowid guide, which said to boil for at most 4 hours. For the fourth, I decided to brew for a bit longer, about 6 hours. I noticed a marked increase in trip strength. Since then, I have maintained 6 hours each time. I suppose going for longer could further increase the extracted alkaloids, though there would certainly be a point of diminishing returns. Patience is unfortunately not a strong virtue of mine, so I have yet to go longer than this. ?

Thanks for the replies! I am finding a lot of useful information and positive vibes from this forum. (It's "brotha", btw ??).