View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline, and nausea.

abstrakt

Bluelighter
I'm experienced with many psychedelics, but I have something new to be very excited about! I just acquired a gram of beautiful extracted mescaline. My friend did an A/B extraction for me, and it turned out great. =D I have never had the opportunity to try mescaline before, so, as I'm sure it goes without saying, I'm psyched for it.

My friend is quite experienced with this substance, and he was mentioning that it might be a good idea to take smaller portions of my dose over an hour or so, to make it easier on my stomach.

I've had other psychedelic experiences that cause a purge, 2c-t-2 in particular, and it really isn't that big of a deal. I'm curious how bad the nausea is from mescaline, how long it will last, and if there is any actual cramping or pain involved?

Also, should I take it on a full or empty stomach? Maybe just eat a little first?

Basically I would just like some tips on how to make the initial period of nausea less painful. If there is anything I absolutely should not eat beforehand, that would be good to know :).

Thanks in advance. By the way, I think I'm going to go with 300mg my first time. I probably won't try it until this coming weekend, as I would like to meditate, prepare, and get my intention right for this experience, so I've got time to collect some answers about this.

Last edited:
If it's relatively pure crystal I'd make a mL or so solution, test the pH to make sure it's not too basic, adjust by slowly adding drops of vinegar if necessary, and then plug it. Most phenethylamines are substantially more potent plugged. You'd probably avoid a lot of the nausea that way, as well as decrease the onset time and shorten it a bit (but it'd still last plenty long). More bang for the buck in the butt!

Otherwise if you can get a hold of some ondansetron that does wonders for nausea without affecting the psychological or emotional aspects of the trip (5HT-3 agonism is correlated with nausea and anxiety and it's a 5HT-3 antagonist).

What comes with the mescaline? I had 0% nausea with pure, synthetic mescaline hcl. Extracted mescaline that may come with other alkaloids may cause a fair bit more nausea than what I experienced, which was none.

I've only had synthetic mescaline, and I expected to get pretty sick since all phenethylamines seem to make me nauseous. I had the hope of sipping it over an hour, but I didn't want to keep tasting it for an hour so I tossed the whole thing down (~500mg).

I felt pretty queasy 40 minutes in and decided to just let it all out and get it over with. It was a major purge :O but it did the trick and after wards I felt amazingly light -- like I wasn't touching the ground. Most other people with me did not get sick to that point, and everyone in our group was over their nausea after 2 hours in. The following experience was so amazing I had zero regrets.

My guess is that if mdma, 2c's, etc make you sick, this probably will too. And if you feel sick, just throw up. It's over pretty quick.

Also, to mgs: This stuff was extracted from t. peruvianus. It still has a brown/tan tint to it, so it definitely isn't completely pure. I'm not sure what else has come with the mescaline, but it very well may be the cause of the nausea.

Friend uses this technique often, and has gotten the same brownish/light tan product, which makes him nauseous as well. This is after at least one wash. I don't know how many he did.

I never get any nausea from extracted mescaline. I'd simply take it in a capsule and don't worry about it.

I find mescaline can go either way but the nausea I receive isn't as bad as say 2c-e's IMO.

I've read reports of people experiencing nausea on synthetic mescaline, too. The structural/functional similarity of 5-HT psychedelics to serotonin means that some psychedelics will have an affinity for the 5-HT3 receptor, whose activation is correlated with nausea. Mescaline is one of these.

One way to avoid activating these receptors in the gut is to take mescaline via non-oral routes (though that doesn't guarantee no nausea. as insufflated 2C-T-7, for instance, still makes me puke)-- it's just that many people have reported reduced nausea using non-oral ROAs.

As others have said, if you're going to do it orally spread taking parts of the dose across an hour and a half or so. Otherwise, rectal administration or taking a 5HT-3 receptor antagonist are alternative means of reducing nausea.

What comes with the mescaline? I had 0% nausea with pure, synthetic mescaline hcl. Extracted mescaline that may come with other alkaloids may cause a fair bit more nausea than what I experienced, which was none.

Everyone is different. I've had synthetic mescaline, and it is the only psychedelic I've ever become nauseous from.

Edit: Fuck, didn't realize how old this thread is. Sorry guys.