View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline and it's analogs

PetalToTheMetal

Bluelighter
Hey everyone. I was curious if anyone here has any experience with the following: Proscaline, Escaline, Isoproscaline, Allylescaline, Methallylescaline, or TMA-X. How was the experience/dose, and if possible can you compare it to anything else? Really interesting in this group, and would love to learn more. Thanks x:D

Prroscaline, escaline, allylescaline : more potent, not as good as mesc.
Isoproscalin: more potent, similar quality as mesc, not as potent as escalin / allylescalin
Thioescaline: as good as mesc (maybe a bit better), much more potent (even more than allylesc)
Thiomescalin: as good, more potent, not as potent as thioesc
Thioproscalin: more potent, not as good
Selenomescalin: more potent, not as potent as thioM, about as good as mesc

Never tried the other analogs

Proscaline apparently is pretty intense, my cousin described it yesterday. Heavy body load and a mindfuck, real strong visuals/dysphoric at around 50+mg (maybe a dosage issue knowing him). Had the chance to get some off em but i went with 4-ho-met instead because it sounded a little lighter.

I found his description inconsistent with my experiences with mescaline cactus. The cactus has the bodyload, but is much gentler on the psyche than tryptamines. It's the truest form of natural ecstacy, often resembling MDMA more than it does full force psychedelics.

They all have their own big and dandy threads, which you can find in the psychedelic drug index. Plenty of info there on all of them there.

Correct, if you want to learn about them - they are discussed in threads listed here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/560442-The-Psychedelic-Index

Newly made threads are okay, but especially if they have a particular question. General interest, for that we refer you to our information repository ;)

Nice that Nexus summed it up for you though (but methallylescaline was left out which sounds pretty fine indeed). I would still recommend reading trip reports for yourself and not assuming other people's assessments / opinions without a second guess.

Nice that Nexus summed it up for you though (but methallylescaline was left out which sounds pretty fine indeed). I would still recommend reading trip reports for yourself and not assuming other people's assessments / opinions without a second guess.

Never tried methallylescalin. Looks harder to make.

Yet MAL is far more widely available than the thios which I have never seen.. Let alone seleno ugh I expect that material is disgusting?

Yet MAL is far more widely available than the thios which I have never seen.. Let alone seleno ugh I expect that material is disgusting?
The seleno had a foul odor. I don't eat these, so I wouldn't know the taste.
The thios / selenos are not too hard to make; you just need thio / seleno syringealdehyde and the rest is same as the standard (oxygen) ones. I won't go into more synth detail.

I'd like to try telluro compounds in the 2Cs and mescaln analogs and continue fooling with the 2C SE series.

Maybe make their amphetamine counterparts.

I really enjoyed MAL.
Mescaline feel, but very visual. Much more potent than mescaline, and a lot trippier.

spacejunk - how heavy was the nausea? I've heard MAL can have pretty rough nausea.

I didn't experience any.
Maybe a few leg tremors, but no nausea on the couple of times i took it.

Good to hear. I've wanted to try MAL for a bit but there's so many negative reports of naseau & body load. However I hear/read the same about mescaline and I've blended San Pedro cactus to a juice and drank the sludge. Nearly gagged it up trying to force it all down but after I did get it all down the nausea was only mild for about 30-45 minutes. Maybe I just have a tough stomach for psychedelics.

I know there is no source discussion here but where the hell would do get thioescaline from. I have been in this scene and forum for a few years and I have never becides in tihkal entrys seen anybody obtaining that chemical. Then again I have never heard of it . I don't even know if there are any first and reports on this forum about that particular chemical? The others are still pretty easy to get at least on the web, Like escaline ally, methyally. mescaline I have never seen becides peyote buttons and that's not even pure mescaline. Mescaline seems to have been much more prevalent in its pure form way before my time. But becides literally making a custom synthesis of thioescaline or commissioning one wtf?

I know there is no source discussion here but where the hell would do get thioescaline from. I have been in this scene and forum for a few years and I have never becides in tihkal entrys seen anybody obtaining that chemical. Then again I have never heard of it . I don't even know if there are any first and reports on this forum about that particular chemical? The others are still pretty easy to get at least on the web, Like escaline ally, methyally. mescaline I have never seen becides peyote buttons and that's not even pure mescaline. Mescaline seems to have been much more prevalent in its pure form way before my time. But becides literally making a custom synthesis of thioescaline or commissioning one wtf?

I'm a chemist. I get most things from my lab. I have never seen any 345 phenethylamine without oxygen on all three positions being sold commercially.

What about DOM? Shulgin's first mescaline-based creation.

DOM was not Shulgin's first. DOM is actually pretty different; it has a 245 substitutent pos., it's an amphetamine and has no oxygen on the 4-position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isoproscalin: more potent, similar quality as mesc, not as potent as escalin / allylescalin
Thioescaline: as good as mesc (maybe a bit better), much more potent (even more than allylesc)

Thank you so much for posting this. You rule! Thank you thank you thank you. May I ask why Thioescaline was better than mescaline?

Proscaline apparently is pretty intense, my cousin described it yesterday. Heavy body load and a mindfuck, real strong visuals/dysphoric at around 50+mg (maybe a dosage issue knowing him). Had the chance to get some off em but i went with 4-ho-met instead because it sounded a little lighter.

I found his description inconsistent with my experiences with mescaline cactus. The cactus has the bodyload, but is much gentler on the psyche than tryptamines. It's the truest form of natural ecstacy, often resembling MDMA more than it does full force psychedelics.

How is the mindfuck with 4-ho-met, in your opinion? Your description is lovely, by the way. Do you think pairing mescaline with MDMA would be overkill, or do you think they would have good synergy?

Correct, if you want to learn about them - they are discussed in threads listed here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/560442-The-Psychedelic-Index

Newly made threads are okay, but especially if they have a particular question. General interest, for that we refer you to our information repository ;)

Thank you, Solipsis. I will =D I've read a lot of good press on MAL myself, supposedly tops proscaline and escaline.

I really enjoyed MAL.
Mescaline feel, but very visual. Much more potent than mescaline, and a lot trippier.

4 of the 6 I mentioned in my original post are available to me. MAL sounds pretty great, I think I may have to go with it. Thank you, spacejunk. :D

Good to hear. I've wanted to try MAL for a bit but there's so many negative reports of naseau & body load. However I hear/read the same about mescaline and I've blended San Pedro cactus to a juice and drank the sludge. Nearly gagged it up trying to force it all down but after I did get it all down the nausea was only mild for about 30-45 minutes. Maybe I just have a tough stomach for psychedelics.

Is the taste really that awful? What's it like? I'm curious. Whenever I read about how gross tasting or how painful something is to snort I tend to take it with a grain of salt, but every one is different. I seem to have a nostril forged of solid steel.

Ever tasted earwax?
San Pedro juice tastes like drinking that.
Bitter. Intense. Worth it though.

Yeah it's just super fucking bitter. But I used to drink bottles of robitussin when I was 13 which IMO tastes far worse. However a foot and a half plus of blended cactus gunk is a very large amount of liquid to try and stomach for such a foul taste. Don't try and chug it.

It would be great if you could give any more detail on your experiences with these exotic mescaline analogues Nexus Tripper! With the thio and seleno 'scalines you're talking about 4-subbed right?