View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline and DOM cross tolerance?

MentalMagnificient

Greenlighter
One of my friends has acquired mescaline and DOM and was wishing to take DOM one day and mescaline the next since I think he will be off of work however he said that while researching the compounds he could find no information regarding cross tolerance but noticed that DOM is a selective 5-HT2a, 5-HT2B, and 5-HT2C receptor agonist and that mescaline binds to and activates the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor. Now neither my friend nor I am chemists and do not know much about how molecules and such interact but from what we are able to understand is that because they both interact with that receptor it will cause cross tolerance. And if this is true is it a good indicator for telling which drugs have a cross tolerance with each other?

Psychedelics are mainly 5-HT2a agonists and all share a cross tolerance that lasts about one week.

It would be a waste. To trip again a day later is essentially throwing away 2/3 of your trip.YMMV, bu the general rule is, it would require 3x the dose (or equivalent) to produce the same quality trip. Especially since they're both phenethylamines, which tend to have slightly longer tolerance than tryptamines.
ZTuV6CE.jpg