View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mescaline and bruxism

Incunabula

Bluelighter
I'm just curious, how many of you people experience bruxism/teeth grinding when taking mescaline? Personally I didn't get any, but it was a long time ago, and I've gotten more sensitive to it, since then.

When I was experimenting with mescaline throughly I was always going through a bad time with TMJ. I never noticed a problem with it on mescaline. Maybe some tension but no actual bruxism.

Same: it had some stimulating side-effects but it's not like a serious stim which something like MDMA is besides having psychedelic / empathogen properties... I don't even actually remember psychedelic amphetamines producing bruxism. It must be noted those aren't really comparable to other, 'true' amphetamines.

When I was experimenting with mescaline throughly I was always going through a bad time with TMJ. I never noticed a problem with it on mescaline. Maybe some tension but no actual bruxism.

I'm not sure I understand. The TMJ must have come because of bruxism? right?

Anyway, thanks for the answers :)

Not exactly. It's not to agreed upon or understood what exactly causes TMJ. Thankfully though it's not really a problem anymore.

Thanks. Yes, I guess that's true. But I think that nightly bruxing can be one of several reasons for TMJ. It could be it made you grind your teeth in sleep without you knowing, and then causing the TMJ.

I experienced the opposite effect - decades of daytime bruxism vanished after a single dose of mescaline. This report is being written 8 days after the trip.