• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mercury in MDMA

...I can personally confirm that these LTC's are in fact mercury poisoning...

Excuse me if I've missed something, but I don't see how what you've posted confirms what you experienced was/is mercury poisoning. Did you have tests done that you did not mention here, etc.?

^^^Thank you for your story man. I’m curious to ask you a few questions if that’s alright.

How are you 100% certain it was mercury poisoning? Any testing done? Also have you recovered much from treatments available?

I’ve often wondered if populations which eat fish may be more susceptible.

-GC

Edit- My bad didn’t see psy’s post right under.

Excuse me if I've missed something, but I don't see how what you've posted confirms what you experienced was/is mercury poisoning. Did you have tests done that you did not mention here, etc.?

Yes I did get testing done, and I met with a toxicologist. By the time I tested for heavy metals, this was 7 months in. My blood mercury was 5.1ug/L which according to the to the toxicologist indicated "mild" mercury poisoning.

It is important to know that this was 7 months post exposure because in the chronic state, your blood levels will be FAR less. There is no way of accurately testing the intracellular concentration of mercury that's actually poisoning you. It also jams the biochemical machinery that is required to detox it and push it out into the blood.

It's possible there are other factors here like the tuna intake, an asymptomatic Lyme-like blood infection called Bartonella, and the fact I was exposed to black mold in my apartment for 2 years. All of these factors may have piled up, causing inflammation and taxing my methyl supply. Then a nice dose of mercury from an mdma pill could have be the final trigger to send me spiraling downward. Everything sure went to shit after eating that pill.

Yes I am getting better and will recover 100%
The key was realizing it was mercury and treating for that. But by that time I also had infections that needed treating. It's a very complex illness.

5.1 ug/l is a very low level of mercury. 10 ug/l mercury in blood is perfectly normal and mercury poisoning symptoms appear at 100ug/l or more. Blood mercury levels are pretty meaningless unless they are truly massive indicating recent exposure to large amounts of bioavailable mercury compounds. Hair testing can show spikes of mercury exposure but this is pointless as there is absolutely no way there was significant amounts of available mercury in any MDMA pill, enough to cause any real lasting effects or any effects at all, even if the MDMA was made using amalgamated aluminium which is soemthing else you don't know.
By all means treat yourself to remove your tiny mercury burden the reality is that this is a nocibo effect and any improvment is placebo, but it gives you something to focus on whilst time does the healing.

This is all very interesting but something seens a bit off. For starters, mercury is indeed a potential contaminant when a mercuric chloride aluminum amalgum reduction is used in the synth, however, the presence of organo metallic mercury compounds while extremely alarming seems very unlikely. While i am a chemist, im not sure what the mercury amalgum would reduce to form methyl mercury.. i would think any residual mercury in the normal synthesis would be elemental, which is far less toxic.

My guess is this is a synth gone very wrong, (possibly due to what others said, 2,3-mdp2p being sold as 3,4-mdp2p), nothing was reduced as indicated by huge amounts of the (incorrect) precursor. Im still not sure how organic mercury would end in the product but here it is, along with methamphetamine. Clearly the work of a shady shady chemist.

I dont think this sample is enough to decry all of dutch mdma to be shit. Ive had plenty of very high quality dutch mdma, in fact i was there a few months ago and my welcome gift was 12 frosch pills, according to ecstasydata.org they test at 178mg mdma with a small amount of caffeine. Ive also had DW dutch crystal of varying quality.

In any case, it might be in our interest to learn how to recrystallize or wash any street/DW mdma ourselves. Most of us dont have the analytical equipment to test our mdma, so we should probably take every step to ensure our product is as high quality as possible. A few simple chemical processes can really go a long way to giving us peace of mind. I would dissolve any mdma in etoh/h2o and then stick in a freezer to freeze precipitate the mdma, then filter. I believe this would remove the majority of water soluble contaminants (methyl mercury) and repeating this process should leave you with a much safer and purer product.

Ive been chatting qith a few ex chemists and they tell me that the purer the mdma is, it is actually a bit difficult to crystallize as big crystals. A lot of chemists either leave in impurities to help it crystallize as well as leave a slight color which can be "branded". These same chemists told me that if you are going to completely purify the mdma of synthetic byproducts/contaminants, if you want large crystals you will actually reintroduce impurities such as MSM and mannitol into the final cleaned up mdma solution before doing a slow evap crystallization.

^ shady shady synthesis or the analysis is complete bullshit. I'm applying occams razor and go with the second option. There is no way that analysis is credible especially if you review the other posts by that user other questions arise.

methyl mercury synthesis is mercury metal exchange on a organometal compound like trimethyl aluminium methyl grignard or similar, there are no methylmetal compounds in a reductive amination with PMK plus methylamine and aluminium/Hg

By all means treat yourself to remove your tiny mercury burden the reality is that this is a nocibo effect and any improvment is placebo, but it gives you something to focus on whilst time does the healing.

To hear this from somebody who really doesn't know the extent and lengths I've gone to in order to get to the bottom of a sickness that has been triggered by eating an mdma tablet, this statement comes across as profoundly arrogant. People suffering with LTC's are not lying, and others should really stop telling them that it's all in their head.

I've literally spent years of my life and drained my bank account in an effort to sort this out. All I know is that all this began after eating an mdma tablet, and the symptoms are completely identical to mercury poisoning. I've spoken with several other people that have confirmed mercury exposure that was totally unrelated to drugs and every symptom is a 100% match including head pressure/depersonalization/derealization. And with that said, I have been improving from the same protocols that improve them. It is absolutely not placebo.

Blood mercury levels are pretty meaningless unless they are truly massive indicating recent exposure to large amounts of bioavailable mercury compounds.

This statement is completely accurate. Blood levels are not indicative of chronic mercury toxicity, you even said it yourself. But then you turn around and use that same lab test result to say I have a "tiny" mercury burden and make claims about how my symptoms aren't caused by mercury. I'm also not denying that it's possible the majority of of my mercury burden was primarily from the amount of tuna I was eating (I was eating a lot of tuna).

So regardless of what you say about how it's impossible for mdma to contain enough mercury to cause any symptoms at all, mercury toxicity can be the primary cause of these symptoms and it's worth looking into for those with LTC's who are not improving with time.

To hear this from somebody who really doesn't know the extent and lengths I've gone to in order to get to the bottom of a sickness that has been triggered by eating an mdma tablet, this statement comes across as profoundly arrogant. People suffering with LTC's are not lying, and others should really stop telling them that it's all in their head.

I've literally spent years of my life and drained my bank account in an effort to sort this out. All I know is that all this began after eating an mdma tablet, and the symptoms are completely identical to mercury poisoning. I've spoken with several other people that have confirmed mercury exposure that was totally unrelated to drugs and every symptom is a 100% match including head pressure/depersonalization/derealization. And with that said, I have been improving from the same protocols that improve them. It is absolutely not placebo.

This statement is completely accurate. Blood levels are not indicative of chronic mercury toxicity, you even said it yourself. But then you turn around and use that same lab test result to say I have a "tiny" mercury burden and make claims about how my symptoms aren't caused by mercury. I'm also not denying that it's possible the majority of of my mercury burden was primarily from the amount of tuna I was eating (I was eating a lot of tuna).

So regardless of what you say about how it's impossible for mdma to contain enough mercury to cause any symptoms at all, mercury toxicity can be the primary cause of these symptoms and it's worth looking into for those with LTC's who are not improving with time.
I really don't care if you truly believe it is mercury and keep up with the flushing chelation or whatever other crap demercuriation treatment you are pursuing.
if you look at it objectively then you can improve both your health and maintain your bank balance.
you don't have mercury poisoning from an mdma pill.

I really don't care if you truly believe it is mercury and keep up with the flushing chelation or whatever other crap demercuriation treatment you are pursuing.

Don't worry, I was never attempting to gain your personal approval for the treatment protocol that's getting me well - which isn't chelation by the way.
But that's a great idea, let's look at this objectively. We have a situation where...

1) Loads of people are experiencing LTC's. Their suffering is life-altering and many have not improved, even after years.

2) Their symptoms have began after eating an MDMA tablet

3) Mercury is involved in MDMA synthesis

4) We have evidence of mercury contamination in the final end-product. This is published.

5) Their symptoms are identical to mercury poisoning. Classical symptoms of mercury poisoning being depersonalization, derealization, feeling like you have a tight band of pressure across your head, amongst a whole host of other neurological symptoms.

6) We are dealing with an unregulated illegal substance where nobody can be truly confident of the purity of what they are taking, even between pills of the same batch. The people synthesizing this stuff may be extremely shady chemists, or worse, not even chemists at all.

--> Not an objective observation, so may not be the strongest evidence to others, but certainly is for me. I am getting well with treatment for mercury poisoning and the array of complications that arise from the biochemical trainwreck it causes downstream of acute exposure. I have spoken with many people that have confirmed mercury exposure that was entirely unrelated to drugs, and our symptoms & treatment response is identical.

Gee, if you have a sickness that started after eating a pill, of which there is evidence it was potentially contaminated with mercury, you have all the symptoms of mercury poisoning, and you get better with treatment for mercury poisoning, then I think it's certainly reasonable to conclude that you had mercury poisoning. Given the inherent unreliability of testing for intracellular toxic metals beyond acute exposure, this is all the evidence I need.

I find it not only possible, but highly probable that mercury is a primary cause for LTC symptoms.

^^^I appreciate you clarifying for us man, and so sorry you’ve gone through this but your desire to keep pushing to find the answer has not only helped you but may help others as well.

Could you share what treatments you’ve felt have helped you the most?

-GC

^^^I appreciate you clarifying for us man, and so sorry you’ve gone through this but your desire to keep pushing to find the answer has not only helped you but may help others as well.

Could you share what treatments you’ve felt have helped you the most?

-GC

Yes certainly. I will try to make this as condensed as possible.

First of all, I’m going to assume that everybody with an LTC reading this is in the chronic state. This is important because beyond acute mercury exposure, any testing is inherently unreliable. There is no way of knowing the actual amount of intracellular mercury that’s poisoning you. You can literally be dying of mercury poisoning and have what’s considered normal & acceptable levels in your blood. The best way to know is to take an intestinal metal binder (IMD) and see how you react to it. More on this later.

I want to save you some time - don’t even bother going down the rabbit hole of Andy Cutler’s mercury chelation protocol, or using DMPS or DMSA as chelators. I’ve done that, and yes it can work, but it isn’t very effective and will take forever. There are other ways of getting mercury out of you that are far quicker, safer, more effective and better tolerated. What you want to do is support your body’s natural defenses against mercury - open the drainage pathway with GI binders, and then speed the elimination system up with antioxidants.

Luckily, there are already practitioners around the world that are already using the state of the art mercury detox system. Get with an alternative medicine practitioner that uses the “Quicksilver Scientific” protocol. I also understand that their supplements and “detox qube” are expensive and some may not be able to afford it, so I will provide the cheapest possible effective alternative later on in this post. I highly recommend working with a practitioner to work out any personalized treatment details. Treatment is very complex and there are too many factors for me to list them all so I am going to keep this post to a few important concepts to remember, as well as things I wish I knew from the start.

Mercury causes a cascade of problems that are all downstream of the initial poisoning; this is why LTC symptoms can start off one way, and change/get worse over time. It’s important to start with mercury detox, give this a solid effort for a several months, and if you reach a plateau, you likely have an infection that requires treating before going back to mercury detox. Parasites, yeast, and otherwise low-virulence microbes, which your immune system normally keeps in check, can all come into play once your immune system is impaired by mercury.

Some critical concepts to remember....

1) Mercury Binders: Your normal elimination of mercury is dependent on your endogenous antioxidant system (Glutathione, Vitamin C, Vitamin E) working properly. You need enough intracellular glutathione to bind with mercury, pull it out of the cells, through the liver, and then it gets dumped with bile into the gut. However mercury is so incredibly toxic that it causes something called “retention toxicity.” This means when it gets to the gut, it sticks to the proteins in the tissues of your GI tract instead of actually passing all the way through. This is why people remain ill for years.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is that your detox pathways are open and it’s actually leaving your body. This means you have something to bind the mercury in the gut and pull it all the way out through the GI tract. This also means that you need to be having regular, healthy bowel movements every day. Eat a lot of vegetables and fiber.

Options for GI binders are:

Quicksilver’s IMD – by far the most potent mercury binder. It doesn’t get absorbed, but binds mercury very tightly in the gut and carries it out of your body through the stool.
Chlorella pyrenoidosa - must be the pyrenoidosa strain. Not as potent as IMD but still works. It doesn’t get digested very well, which makes it a decent GI binder. This will drag mercury out of your gut with your poop

2) Remineralization: IMD also has some potential to bind beneficial metals . You need to re-mineralize with whatever beneficial metals you may be losing by taking IMD. The practitioners will explain this, and the ratio of how much to take given the amount of IMD you’re taking to pull out the mercury. Pure Encapsulations mineral 650 is a good option, along with zinc. Again, I strongly recommend working with a practitioner.

Here is the detox protocol listed at the bottom of this page:
https://www.forresthealth.com/quicksilver-detox-qube.html

3) Speeding up the process: Once you have binders on board, you can speed up detox of mercury by up-regulating the glutathione system. Just make sure you have a binder in your gut in order to catch whatever you are mobilizing. Quicksilver Scientific has their own supplements that help speed this up (R-lipoic acid, and some polyphenolic supplements that increase the rate of intracellular detoxification). However, the cheapest & simplest way to speed up the removal process is to drink a ton of vitamin C. This will spare glutathione and increase intracellular levels so there will be more glutathione available to bind with mercury and mobilize it. Personally, I am drinking 50 grams of vitamin C (as l-ascorbic acid) sipped throughout the day while constantly munching on chlorella pyrenoidosa. I also take IMD once a day, and eat an extremely anti-oxidant rich diet. Antioxidants will help increase glutathione.

4) Infections: If you are detoxing mercury and reach a plateau, it means you likely have an infection of some sort causing inflammation. Parasites, yeast, and other lyme-like microbes like bartonella can be major factors. If you research these infections, DON’T get caught up in the lyme hysteria. That is a big mistake. Yes they may require treating, and yes they are beatable, but don’t ever think you have an incurable microbe, or something that is resistant to antibiotics. Parasites can be a really big deal. They can slow gut function and make you constipated, which is really bad, because then you aren’t effectively pooping the mercury out with your bowel movements.

5) The cheapest/simplest version of all this:
  • Make sure you’re pooping regularly and that it’s healthy
  • Eat a diet rich in antioxidants and fiber
  • Flood your body with vitamin c to get the mercury to your gut
  • Take IMD at least once a day to bind the metal in your gut
  • Remineralize (away from taking IMD) w/4 caps Mineral 650 & 15mg Zinc
  • Work with a practitioner to resolve any roadblocks that may arise such as infections

I’d prefer if people don’t contact me about this, but rather try the IMD and detox protocol. If it helps, get with a practitioner and ask them questions. You can help yourselves far quicker than I can come back here and respond to individual questions.

To learn more, I suggest watching as many videos of Dr. Chris Shade on YouTube as you can in order to understand how this all works. The information he puts out is absolute gold. His company is Quicksilver Scientific and there is a practitioner locator on their website.

Please, if you do nothing else, try the IMD. You’ll know pretty quickly if it is binding metal in your gut based off your reactions to it. When the drainage pathways are open, mercury will cause inflammation in the rest of your tissues as it leaves. You’ll feel it, and you’ll know you are poisoned.

3) Mercury is involved in MDMA synthesis
sometimes, but much commercial MDMA does not use mercury, the quantities in any case are tiny and it is not in an bio-available form.
4) We have evidence of mercury contamination in the final end-product. This is published.
Forensic Toxicol (2006) 24:70–74
250mg of tablet disolved in acid and diluted to 100ml. 25 ml of this was taken (representing 62.5mg of the original 250mg) and spiked (Page 72) with no mercury or mercury, with 10 ng (nanogram) of mercury 20 ng of mercury and so on. the spiked sample was analyzed and the sample spiked with no mercury had 54-56 ng of mercury the sample spiked with 10 ng of additional mercury had 66-68 ng of mercury and so on in a fairly straight line.
The sample of 62.5mg of tablet had roughly 54 ng (nanograms) of mercury in it. Lets assume it was a reallly fucking big tablet at 500mg that would be 432 ng of mercury, 0.432 ug, less than half a microgram.
if you got really unlucky and you hit the jackpot pill, a massive half gram pill with the highest concentration of mercury in the paper then that pill would contain about 10 ug of mercury.
For comparison a single can of tuna is 20-60 ug of the much more biovailable available methyl mercury.

You may believe it is all to do with mercury from a pill, but it is exceedingly unlikely and you are doing others a disservice by leading them in the wrong direction, to wrongly think that they might have got mercury poisoning from MDMA and quite frankly it is bullshit.

I am not doubting that 'LTC' exists or rather that MDMA can precipitate latent problems and they can be long term and debilitating but it is not likely to be mercury poisoning.

You may believe it is all to do with mercury from a pill, but it is exceedingly unlikely and you are doing others a disservice by leading them in the wrong direction, to wrongly think that they might have got mercury poisoning from MDMA and quite frankly it is bullshit.

I know that my sickness is mercury poisoning. I'm not denying it's possible the mercury came from tuna. I was eating 2 cans/day for months. But I sure became symptomatic after eating that damn pill.

There are even plausible explanations for why MDMA would lead to mercury poisoning symptoms even if the mercury didn't come from the pill itself.
Theoretically, if you have somebody eating whose eating tuna often, you would have a spikes of bioavailable methylmercury in the blood. Your body likely be able to tolerate these spikes on it's own without causing you to be immediately symptomatic. However, if one of these methylmercury spikes coincided with a massive depletion of glutathione from a night of drinking loads of alcohol and taking MDMA, that methylmercury would become significantly more toxic. Overlay the fact that many people have methylation deficits and have issues creating enough glutathione to begin with, along with the possibility of common asymptomatic systemic stealth infections like bartonella that tax the antioxidant system even more, and this would be a recipe for disaster.

The symptoms of head pressure, buzzing in the brain, derealization, and depersonalization are classic mercury poisoning symptoms, and I don't see much harm at all in at least attempting to see how you respond to taking a non-absorbable intestinal metal binder. IMD is extraordinarily effective at finally opening the drainage pathways, and I think you'd know rather quickly if mercury toxicity is an issue for you based on your reaction to it. Especially for those with LTC symptoms that are not improving (or getting worse) with time, it's worth a shot. Your LTC may not be mercury poisoning, but it is possible. This is what is was in my case.

The worst advice you can give someone suffering from LTC is that it's all in their head or to just wait it out. I also think it's detrimental for those with LTC to continue wallowing in sinkhole of comparing their symptoms with other people in the LTC section, or thinking they have some sort of permanent drug damage. There are other explanations besides "permanent drug damage" that can cause the neurological symptoms they are experiencing.

The symptoms of head pressure, buzzing in the brain, derealization, and depersonalization are classic mercury poisoning symptoms

Sounds to me like early stage Serotonin Syndrome symptoms, more than mercury. Were you taking any supplements, 5-HTP? St John's Wort? L-Tryptophan?

Short term memory loss and inability to focus are really the only overt psychological symptoms. Organic mercury shows peripheral nervous system symptoms first - tingling in extremities, delayed motor response, things that are generally associated with ALS or MS. Skin flushing or splotchy redness, edema, sweats, heart arrhythmias, and sometimes even hair loss all are classic mercury poisoning presentations - that's not really what you described.

Mercury poisoning generally manifests in very physical ways - and once it gets to that point - and serum levels don't just disappear overnight. You'd show something more than what you said if your levels had been poisoning-level high in the last 30 days or so. 5-6 ug/L (5-6ppm) is nothing out of the ordinary.

Have you even had your blood levels tested since you treated yourself for your supposed mercury poisoning?

Last edited:
Sounds to me like early stage Serotonin Syndrome symptoms, more than mercury. Were you taking any supplements, 5-HTP? St John's Wort? L-Tryptophan?

Short term memory loss and inability to focus are really the only overt psychological symptoms. Organic mercury shows peripheral nervous system symptoms first - tingling in extremities, delayed motor response, things that are generally associated with ALS or MS. Skin flushing or splotchy redness, edema, sweats, heart arrhythmias, and sometimes even hair loss all are classic mercury poisoning presentations - that's not really what you described.

Mercury poisoning generally manifests in very physical ways - and once it gets to that point - and serum levels don't just disappear overnight. You'd show something more than what you said if your levels had been poisoning-level high in the last 30 days or so. 5-6 ug/L (5-6ppm) is nothing out of the ordinary.

Have you even had your blood levels tested since you treated yourself for your supposed mercury poisoning?

No, I was not taking any supplements. Chronic mercury toxicity is a real thing, and no test is reliable past acute exposure. This did not happen 30 days ago, this started 4 YEARS ago.

Lol to "the only symptoms." The symptoms can literally be anything, especially when you overlay downstream chronic infection and individual genetic variance into the picture. I had all that buzzing in arms and legs, skin blotchiness, mast cell activation, I even had the hair loss. Those don't even remotely scratch the surface of the number of symptoms I've had going through this. I really don't feel it necessary to list the hundreds of weird and bizarre physical symptoms in order to prove to another internet armchair expert that what I have is mercury poisoning. It has been a severely physical and neurological sickness, that all improves by taking something that stops the retention toxicity. At the core of it, all the way upstream before chronic opportunistic infection and severe gut issues is the potent toxicity from mercury.

But what do I know? I'm just someone going through it. I'm just someone who was eating tuna regularly, who became extraordinarily symptomatic after a night of binge drinking and taking MDMA. My life was completely wrecked, but I'll recover 100%

My posts are only an effort to help others so they may find a way out of their LTC hell hole. It might not be mercury for them, but certainly was for me. It's sure worth a shot attempting treating as if it was mercury.

It's possible there are other factors here like the tuna intake, an asymptomatic Lyme-like blood infection called Bartonella, and the fact I was exposed to black mold in my apartment for 2 years. All of these factors may have piled up, causing inflammation and taxing my methyl supply. Then a nice dose of mercury from an mdma pill could have be the final trigger to send me spiraling downward. Everything sure went to shit after eating that pill.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm right there with you IS300. I've been dealing with mercury toxicity since a year ago, perhaps longer.
Symptoms: Brain Fog, depersonalization, high anxiety, depression, brain pressure, vertigo, general dizziness and unbalanced, pins and needles in my feet, etc

Besides the possibility of trace amounts of mercury in MDMA, I also had "Silver" mercury dental amalgams (now safely removed). I figured it out 8 months ago that this was all mercury-related and I have been chelating since. I chose the Andy Culter Protocol route. Even though you recommended against it, there was some good information on there regarding High Thiol Food intolerances that for some people helps greatly with mercury-related symptoms. Did you ever consider chelating with ALA (on a proper half-life schedule?

How are you dealing with Bartonella?
I'm trying to work through mercury and hoping that will help my immune system get rid of what I believe is also Bartonella (no conclusive results from blood tests). Do you also get spontaneous scratch marks appearing on your skin? This has been the weirdest symptom.

Anyone with silver (mercury) dental amalgams PLEASE BEWARE:

It seems many MDMA harm prevention sites recommend RALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) as an antioxidant. However, RALA or ALA actually chelates and improperly mobilizes mercury if you have amalgams. That and the fact that RALA/ALA crosses the blood-brain barrier can really mess you up if you have "silver" dental amalgams. Essentially pulling mercury from your amalgams and ultimately dropping it in your system, organs, and brain.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm right there with you IS300. I've been dealing with mercury toxicity since a year ago, perhaps longer.
Symptoms: Brain Fog, depersonalization, high anxiety, depression, brain pressure, vertigo, general dizziness and unbalanced, pins and needles in my feet, etc

Besides the possibility of trace amounts of mercury in MDMA, I also had "Silver" mercury dental amalgams (now safely removed). I figured it out 8 months ago that this was all mercury-related and I have been chelating since. I chose the Andy Culter Protocol route. Even though you recommended against it, there was some good information on there regarding High Thiol Food intolerances that for some people helps greatly with mercury-related symptoms. Did you ever consider chelating with ALA (on a proper half-life schedule?

How are you dealing with Bartonella?
I'm trying to work through mercury and hoping that will help my immune system get rid of what I believe is also Bartonella (no conclusive results from blood tests). Do you also get spontaneous scratch marks appearing on your skin? This has been the weirdest symptom.

Anyone with silver (mercury) dental amalgams PLEASE BEWARE:
It seems many MDMA harm prevention sites recommend RALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) as an antioxidant. However, RALA or ALA actually chelates and improperly mobilizes mercury if you have amalgams. That and the fact that RALA/ALA crosses the blood-brain barrier can really mess you up if you have "silver" dental amalgams. Essentially pulling mercury from your amalgams and ultimately dropping it in your system, organs, and brain.

I don't believe dosing chelators based on the half life is necessary, and think waking up at night every 3 hours is ridiculous. You need the best possible sleep you can get. Yes redistribution is a thing, but if you are taking an intestinal binder like IMD or chlorella pyrenoidosa it's really not a big issue at all. I can tell you your Cutler protocol will be far more effective with an intestinal binder.

There is some debate as to whether alpha lipoic acid is even a true chelator. Dr. Cutler says it is, but Dr. Shade says it isn't. Dr. Shade says it's primary function is an Nrf2 activator, which essentially means it upregulates the intracellular detox enzymes required to link mercury onto glutathione for excretion. Whether it is a true chelator or not, lipoic acid helps keep the glutathione system running smoother, and is a useful tool for mobilizing mercury. I use it per the Quicksilver Scientific method, and really don't have any redistribution issues.

Yes the high-thiol foods can increase symptoms from the mobilization of mercury, but it's necessary to eat thiols in order to get mercury out of your body - particularly the amino acid cysteine. I eat lots of whey protein and eggs. Cysteine is required for glutathione synthesis. Remember, the name of the game is to have enough intracellular glutathione, then increase the rate of linking mercury onto the glutathione using various Nrf2 activators (like R-lipoic acid). After the glutathione-mercury complex gets dumped with your bile, have an intestinal binder waiting there to more potently bind with mercury and carry it all the way out of you with your poop.

It's interesting you mention the lipoic acid & harm reduction. I was one of the ones doing exactly this prior to my LTC a few months previously. While I have never had amalgams, I was eating an absurd amount of tuna during this time. I can't say for sure if I took lipoic acid during the day of my LTC, but it is possible. I was too drunk to know.

I'm not really comfortable suggesting a bartonella treatment on a public forum. But what I can say is that I am under the care of one of the top bartonella researchers and he says not everybody gets those scratch marks. I had an ultra-severe bartonella infection that required treatment with heavy-duty antibiotics.

@ISO300 Thank you for sharing your story. I have been trying to help my partner sort through his bizarre systemic issues for years. Chronic health problems are complex and very difficult to live with. Anyone who has not had the experience of trying to get to the bottom of a bunch of bizarre symptoms, just does not know what it is like.

My partner and I have been trying to unravel his issues for almost a decade. I have wondered about mercury on numerous occasions, but have not pursued it. It all sounds crazy to outsiders looking in, but if you have not lived it you have not lived it. Like you, he had a lot of potential triggers/causes including mold, metals (in his case it was nickel), drugs, alcohol, etc. It is very hard to unravel these chronic and interrelated health problems. From my understanding, mercury can be especially hard to pinpoint and remove. Then you throw genetics into the mix and it all becomes tremendously confusing. I am glad you have found something that is working and your symptoms are abating. Best of luck to you!

Metallic mercury is not that toxic. In the 19th century, people even used to drink cups of metallic mercury as a laxative ...and they lived for a long time afterwards.
However, certain compounds of mercury are extremely toxic.

If you ingest even micrograms of one of these toxic mercury compounds, then your health (or even life) will be in serious jeopardy. Just read up on Wikipedia about the accident of Karen Wetterhahn.

Last edited: