• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Meptazinol

Synaps3

Bluelighter
Can't find any actual thread on this (only brief mentions). Has anyone tried it? Can you comment on the strength?

Hey I saw your post and thought I would chime in. I'm having a hard time finding accurate comparisons between this and other more-common Opioids. I'm sure they're out there if you're willing to dig into some medical literature.

It is compared to Mepiridine (Demerol) frequently from what I've read. Its indication for moderate-severe pain would kind of support this notion.

Do you have it in front of you or is this just curiosity? Either way we would start with the allergy test and some small oral doses afterward till we know what's up. Let us know and we will do our best!

Just found a journal article.
meptazinol was estimated to be 2 to 5 times less potent than morphine
https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00003495-198530040-00001

So it's not that strong. I don't have any yet, but I have interest because it is legal in my country and widely available from China.
Problem is I use a lot of kratom daily (25g) and I need something that is equipotent to it, but doesn't gain a tolerance. I love the fact this is mixed agonist-antagonist cause then it's just like the kratom. They also say in the article:
Withdrawal of meptazinol following long term administration in monkeys resulted in minimal abstinence signs.

The issue is that I have to take kratom as a filtered and brewed tea because the powder give me 9/10 intestinal pain. I need something I can take when I travel cause I won't have the time or resources for tea. The extracts are way tooo expensive for the amount of kratom I need, so I'm hoping this will work. Sounds a little weak though.