• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meprobamate

StaySedated

Bluelighter
i've been hearing about use of meprobamate, a centrally acting muscle reaxant with GABAergic actions somewhat similar to barbiturates. i know it is a metabolite of carisoprodol(Soma; both are also carbamates), which i don't find recreational or euphoric but some do.

i've tried meprobamate and can say it was way better than carisoprodol, which is why the DEA decided to make it a schedule 4 controlled substance.

now even though meprobamate is better than carisoprodol, i didn't think it lived up to what others say of it. first off, even though it feels more like a barbiturate it isn't any better than phenobarbital(the least recreational barb around). to me it produced barb like reduction in muscle control while not having much mental impairment like a barb. there was little euphoria, euphoric benzos like temazepam or clonazepam had more "true" euphoria. however meprobamate produced relaxation and self-content similar to a couple alcoholic drinks.

i would rate meprobamate between strong benzos and "other" benzos, like how i rate phenobarbital. it was actually similar to phenobarbital, just with less drowsiness/impairment but with similar relaxation of muscles(actually a little better at that with an added pain killing effect).

i'm not sure if its still perscribed as drugs that have barb like actions are rather dangerous, and i think benzos and carisoprodol have replaced it's medical use.

for those who have experience with meprobamate, what was it like for you? how would you rate/compare it?

My grandmother had a script for it. It was the very first drug I did, even before weed and alcohol. Even then I wasn't terribly impressed.

yeah i've heard people compare meprobamate to secobarbital and phentobarbital, fuckin stupid.

imo meprobramate, carisoprodol, methocarbamol, and some of the weird meprobamate analog RCs are all rather boring downers.

I would rate it the same as a strong benzo like clonazepam. Nothing special really.
Now Mepronizine is much better (meprobamate with a strong antihistamine, it's a french speciality, here meprobamate and mepronizine are still sold).
Mepronizine is a very efficient hypnotic, with an added "well being" which puts me right into a very good night of sleep.

If by mepronizine you are referring to aceprometazine, then it is commonly rx'd alongside meprobamate. Idk of its frequency of use in the US though. It sounds like together with meprobamate it would make for a good sedative mix, but not a very recreational thing unless you are really into downers, as some are.

I'd be game for trying it. Maybe I'll ask about it if I have a doctors appointment coming up anytime soon.

I would rate it the same as a strong benzo like clonazepam. Nothing special really.
Now Mepronizine is much better (meprobamate with a strong antihistamine, it's a french speciality, here meprobamate and mepronizine are still sold).
Mepronizine is a very efficient hypnotic, with an added "well being" which puts me right into a very good night of sleep.

i rate clonazepam way higher than meprobamate, as clonazepam has a "dopey" euphoria and relaxation, and is better at killing stress/anxiety.

i've never heard of mepronizine, is it really better than meprobamate alone?

is the antihistamine in it an anticholinergic?(i hate the side effects of anticholinergics)

All drowsy antihistamines are anticholinergic, as far as I know. Aceprometazine is for sure, anyway.

It's not a drug to be taken on ones own.

take some codeine or DHC . Just 200mgs and a few Valium or not. Maybe high level Quine tonic or not . And fieck me you are one chilled cat. Everyone notices if I do it and so do i. It's a good forget me drug taken occasionally without major addiction. It's similar to morphine if not more messy and nice. It's like the metrobamate really helps that codeine turn in your liver into morphine super.. Soma also does the trick, again f all without the opiate.

you could take 20 mgs of hydrocodone instead if you want .

Where I'm from they sell stilpayne. It's a mix of codeine 15mg and 5mg meprobamate. It's actually an extremely common drug for docs to prescribe before tramadol, morphine etc. I've had it loads of times before. 100s of them and I actually enjoyed the relaxation they provided. Especially if you have tention muscle pain. Their kinda great.. If you drink them double the prescription dosage tho ..
S

I was prescribed meprobamate a few times due to muscle spasms in my neck and back years and years ago. It's a decent muscle relaxant, and a serious downer.

I basically took it and headed somewhere comfortable so I could go flat before it took effect.

I wouldn't call it recreational though. There was no euphoria. Just a "limp noodle" and sleepiness effect.

Soma basically has the same effect on me; though Soma w/codeine is entirely another story.