Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mephedrone still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

down508

Bluelighter
Hey folks, so I have a question for you. Has anyone seen mephedrone make a comeback? I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I have heard from numerous people in the U.S. that methylone is still going strong in the scene, and people are still being sold the stuff as MDMA on a regular basis. I understand that with the recent DEA scheduling, methylone was mysteriously left out and mephedrone included, but there is still some confusion as to the legal status of it. I know that mephedrone is schedule one no question, but you would think that people would still be getting it from somewhere due to it's price and popularity. I have some of this stuff coming and am excited since it's become so hard to find, but I want to know if I'm the only one who's still doing this?

I heard things about a chinese ban on precurser, which has forced the worldwide production of 4mmc down into India, but you would think because of how much everyone loved the stuff people would still be importing it regularly. does anyone see mephedrone becoming a common street drug in the future?

thanks for the information, and the heads up if this is the wrong forum. Stay safe BLers!

over here in the UK mephedrone is a very common street drug. it's cheap and stimmy so people love it.

over here in the UK mephedrone is a very common street drug. it's cheap and stimmy so people love it.

+1. Its common and cheap compared to other drugs. Fucks up my heart badly though I can't stand it.

too moreish for my liking

it's hard not to fiend for meph

Fucking hell tell me about it. your fine if youve got some left, but as soon as you run out, you cluck HARD. You get to the point of considering getting a taxi to a different town to get it... after about 2 hours if you smoke yourself down you get a bit better.

It's massive in the UK. It's in the top 3 of illicit substances used by people here.

It's massive in the UK. It's in the top 3 of illicit substances used by people here.

Is it any good though? The post ban stuff I've came across is always terrible - the hard rice stuff which is probably some other cath.

Fucking hell tell me about it. your fine if youve got some left, but as soon as you run out, you cluck HARD. You get to the point of considering getting a taxi to a different town to get it... after about 2 hours if you smoke yourself down you get a bit better.

yeah only done it once myself and clucked hard but couldn't get anymore

i've seen my mates go to great lengths to get more. i know someone who put his mate's ballbag in his mouth for another line. i know some people who have ended up in hundreds of pounds worth of debt.

guy i know who sells it is usually owed between £500-£1000 total at a time from lots of different people, because they all cluck for it.

Kind of why I've never tried it. I had enough problems with MDMA and later speed lol.. I couldn't imagine what a drug like that would do to me 8(

Although, I really doubt it has more intense cravings than smoking meth, and I was able to do that once (for three days straight) and haven't touched it since, almost 5 months later.

Here in the US meph never really took off though. Not like it did in the UK at least, the most commonly sold stuff around here is methylone, and everyone sells it as "Molly"

Kind of why I've never tried it. I had enough problems with MDMA and later speed lol.. I couldn't imagine what a drug like that would do to me 8(

Although, I really doubt it has more intense cravings than smoking meth, and I was able to do that once (for three days straight) and haven't touched it since, almost 5 months later.

Here in the US meph never really took off though. Not like it did in the UK at least, the most commonly sold stuff around here is methylone, and everyone sells it as "Molly"

i think it's got a worse reputation in the US because it's associated with 'bath salts' and such. tbh out of all the RCs to pop up mephedrone is probably one of the best and least harmful. i think if you bomb it you'll be fine it's only if you start snorting it that you fiend like a motherfucker. i literally don't know anyone who bombs it though but i'm pretty sure it works fine.

i think it's got a worse reputation in the US because it's associated with 'bath salts' and such. tbh out of all the RCs to pop up mephedrone is probably one of the best and least harmful. i think if you bomb it you'll be fine it's only if you start snorting it that you fiend like a motherfucker. i literally don't know anyone who bombs it though but i'm pretty sure it works fine.

You have no idea how much this pisses me off. And the news still attributes virtually any random act of violence to "bath salts" despite them being banned over a year ago, of course when the tox screen comes back negative the media is no where to be found, having already moved on to the next sensational story they can blame on a simple substituted cathinone. Whatever happened to accountability? Complete rubbish fear mongoring. I cant even talk about this topic without getting more upset then its worth. They ban mdma and the less known drugs replace it. The cycle repeats itself and will continue to repeat itself until the system changes.Not to mention 90% of articles wont even mention the name of the chemical in question, simply referring to it as the deadly bath salts.

I would have to disagree with you on mephedrone being the safest, I believe methylone has one up on 4mmc in that aspect.

What's up with methylone being left off of the new u.s. synthetic drug ban? Does that mean that if my state doesn't have specific legislation banning bk-mdma and it isn't sold for human consumption, it is now legal?

Has anyone seen new post ban bath salts in the u.s.? I don't mean drugs like 4-Mec being sold online by their chem name, I mean branded products being sold in headshops commercially with no ingrediants listed. You would think they would have been replaced by things like 4-fa or apvp right away, maybe shops are hesitant on selling these products for fear of prosecution. I think mephedrone and methylone caught much of the bad wrap because of the media lumping them together as one drug and refusing to name specific chemicals in relation to specific incidents. I think Mdpv was the main problem, and because vendors (idiotically) wouldn't list ingrediants the problem was only made worse.

Thoughts?

As with all things; if you run in certain circles, it's very very much still around. More popular than coke in the UK if recall. Still popular in the US. Many prefer it over coke as meph is cheaper and more forgiving (not my words). In short the banned shit is still very much around.

DO NOT PM FOR SOURCING!

Other than the UK, has anyone else experienced a country/location where it's still prevalent?

I haven't had any in ages, but I would gladly jump on a place in the knowledge that I could easily get some for a few weeks

One post outright asking for a mephedrone source and a second asking for a place its common.

Bluelight isn't here to help you score drugs. If you wish to talk about the drugs seen in your locale, you may do so in the appropriate regional forum (once again, there is no source discussion allowed there either) but I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.