• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RCs Mephedrone onset and come up

s3tsuna

Greenlighter
Why is it stated in psychonautwiki that the onset is 15-45 mins and come up 15-30 min for insufflation,
Are they lying to us or what I mean I think I can feel the effects way earlier or is that just placebo or what is up with mephedrone?
Plus 3mmc onset is stated in the psychonautwiki 5-10mins and come up 10-20mins for insufflation, why would such a small methyl group position change a lot about the onset and come up?

Small differences in molecular structure can translate into big differences in protein binding and volume of distribution. Enzymes and proteins tend to be rather specific for particular distances and electronegativity at those distances, that's how some ion channels can filter out calcium while allowing sodium for example

I don't know the specifics of 3 or 4 mmc but these principles can be applied to any bioactive molecule. If a drug transporter prefers the methyl at the 3 position, where it binds more readily than if at the 4 position or perhaps a methyl at the 4 position imparts some degree of steric hindrance and doesn't bind as readily

Small differences in molecular structure can translate into big differences in protein binding and volume of distribution. Enzymes and proteins tend to be rather specific for particular distances and electronegativity at those distances, that's how some ion channels can filter out calcium while allowing sodium for example

I don't know the specifics of 3 or 4 mmc but these principles can be applied to any bioactive molecule. If a drug transporter prefers the methyl at the 3 position, where it binds more readily than if at the 4 position or perhaps a methyl at the 4 position imparts some degree of steric hindrance and doesn't bind as readily
Ok thanks