• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Mephedrone and Sertaline

howneyeteale

Greenlighter
My friend got mephedrone and he really wants to have fun. In the past(3 years ago) he was using Mephedrone and everything was fine. Times changed and now he is on 50mg Sertraline. Do you think that taking Mephedrone while being on Sertraline may caused serotonin syndrome? He is not planning to go crazy. 1-2 lines max (100-150mg)

Let me know what do you think and what experience you have.

As far as my experience goes. An SSRI, like Setraline, will cancel out the good effects of MDMA.

Based on what is known SSRI's don't cause serotonin syndrom when combined with releaser's. I would expect a lessening of the wanted effect's.

I have no personal experience with this combo and I stay away from SSRIs, i think of them as poison. But I did look around on the internet and it says over and over that this combo can result serotonin syndrome. Also, In descriptions of how mephedrone works in the brain, it says there is a sudden sharp release of serotonin that is rapidly metabolized. At the following link, is a case study of a patient who presented with serotonin syndrome after taking mephedrone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3029518/

It sounds like a dangerous experiment, for my two cents.

In theory, leaving enzyme inhibition out of the equation. No idea about the CYP inhibition of Sertraline.

The SSRI block's the re-uptake transporter. So in the case of MDMA the whole cascade of Serotonin release an uptake inhibition is blocked.

I have no experience with Mephedrone. But an SSRI stops the effect's of MDMA as soon as it reaches the synaps. Which is more like the opposit of Serotonin Syndrom. I took SSRI's at the tail end of XTC to prevent neurotoxicity. And it actually tilt's the Serotonin high.

I have no personal experience with this combo and I stay away from SSRIs, i think of them as poison. But I did look around on the internet and it says over and over that this combo can result serotonin syndrome. Also, In descriptions of how mephedrone works in the brain, it says there is a sudden sharp release of serotonin that is rapidly metabolized. At the following link, is a case study of a patient who presented with serotonin syndrome after taking mephedrone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3029518/

It sounds like a dangerous experiment, for my two cents.
In theory any releaser/ uptake inhibitor can cause SS. I have seen people taken ridiculous ammount's of MDMA. And read story's about the Mephedrone abuse in Britain. And the chance for SS is small at best.

MAOI's and drugs is where it get's dangerous. Most SSRI's will just munt the effect's. Not sure about Fluoxetine/ Prozac, as that always made my GF puke when taken after some E's.

My colleague tried yesterday and he did not get SS. He did not take too much. He got less euphoria more dopamine