• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Meperidine - what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealaphex

Greenlighter
Hey guys, just came across 50mg Meperidine's (demerol), Ive read about them and some our saying IV them, some our snorting them, some our eatting them, someour IM them. My tolerance? i normally do 8mg dilaudid mornings and night, maybe one through out the day. though im all out until wednesday night now. i also do fentanyl nasal sprays but im all out of those to lol. right now im receiving 10mg of straight oxy every 4hrs and 0.5 dilaudid IV in the morning and night. anyways so yeah, wondering what to do with these Meperidine's

Your best bet is to consult an online Opioid conversion chart. I'd do it for you, but I think it's a good idea to get the hang of calculating your own dosages. It's a skill you're going to want to have. Pethidine (Demerol) is a weak Opioid. It really is not in the same league as something like Hydromorphone or Fentanyl. For a quick reference, oral Pethidine is approximately 1/10th the strength of oral Morphine. This puts it in the same league as Codeine or Tramadol.

Your Bioavailabilities for Pethidine are approximately 50% PO and 100% IV, so there are some obvious advantages, but the downside is that you will need to inject several pills to get a desired effect. If you have micron filters, then I would say you can attempt it, but if you don't, that's just too much binder/filler to safely inject.

Status
Not open for further replies.