L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Mental Illness's with Love, Dating, Relationships and More

mikumiku

Ex-Bluelighter
Who here has dated, been in a relationship, engagement, or marriage, with someone that's dealt with a mental illness? Mental illness's ranging from any or all of the following, among others.

ADD
ADHD
Anxiety Disorders
Autism
Aspergers
BiPolar
Depression
PTSD
OCD
Schizophrenia

I know I have dated and been in relationships and engagements with a few guys in my lifetime, one dealt with BiPolar, and the other had a health issue which was Diabetes thats it. I have never dealt with any other partner with the list above, how would you deal with someone with those conditions and you couldn't handle it or tried to help them and kept screwing things up etc.

Maybe you should ask why are you in such a relationship? From your previous postings it seems it's not being good for you. If you are serious about this, perhaps you should seek for psychological assistance to try to be happy with someone with such a diversity of mental issues.

My boyfriend and I both have bipolar, plus I have some anxiety disorders. We are deeply in love. Seven years together. Everyone has issues. Some have labels. /shrug

Anyone with with mental or physical illness should not breed.

We need to create a better future and that starts with making babies. So if you aren't perfect, don't taint the gene pool.

But then there would be no amusement in the Darwinian awards assclass, don't go spoiling it for everyone!!

My personal opinion to the initial post is 'walk away' whether it be them or yourself who has the problems you've listed. It's an awkward question because all mental conditions can occur on a 'sliding scale' if you like, of severity. I don't think it's wise to be in a relationship if it is having detrimental effects on yourself or the other person. It's sad but the truth is really to remain alone until the person gets better and if the prognosis is that they are most probably not going to solitary is really the only safe option.

But then there would be no amusement in the Darwinian awards assclass, don't go spoiling it for everyone!!

My personal opinion to the initial post is 'walk away' whether it be them or yourself who has the problems you've listed. It's an awkward question because all mental conditions can occur on a 'sliding scale' if you like, of severity. I don't think it's wise to be in a relationship if it is having detrimental effects on yourself or the other person. It's sad but the truth is really to remain alone until the person gets better and if the prognosis is that they are most probably not going to solitary is really the only safe option.

so much douche in this post. so people with illnesses and disabilities are now candidates for the darwin awards? seriously dude, get over yourself. you're an idiot.

^I have to agree.

how many people suffer from mental health problems at one point or another and so they shouldn't be in a relationship.

you get married but oh now your depressed so auto divorce? foolish nonsense

Anyone with with mental or physical illness should not breed.

We need to create a better future and that starts with making babies. So if you aren't perfect, don't taint the gene pool.

so you are perfect? funny how when hiding behind a message board you have a nazi like judgement of what constitutes perfection. really attitudes like this have no place in the mind of a civilised person with an empathy based core in their psych so by your own rules as someone who is lacking a major human trait that is the basis for all teamwork/co-operation in society you are not perfect.

therefore if we were to follow your rules in your head many people could feel that you add nothing to the gene pool.

also art? how ignorant can you be to take creativity and separate it from the craziness that spawns it

Last edited:
Even people who suffer from actual mental retardation (Down's, Fragile X syndrome and such) have a right to form sexual relationships and get married if they are able to find a willing partner for that. Something like occasional depression or anxiety shouldn't be a very large problem.

so you are perfect? funny how when hiding behind a message board you have a nazi like judgement of what constitutes perfection. really attitudes like this have no place in the mind of a civilized person with an empathy based core in their psych so by your own rules as someone who is lacking a major human trait that is the basis for all teamwork/co-operation in society you are not perfect.

therefore if we were to follow your rules in your head many people could feel that you add nothing to the gene pool.

also art? how ignorant can you be to take creativity and separate it from the craziness that spawns it
I'm not perfect, and I don't fornicate to prevent accidental breeding. I'm not a hypocrite.

I think its bullshit that you infract someone for having an opinion that you disagree with, especially if you leave their post up and even quote and reply to it.

Even people who suffer from actual mental retardation (Down's, Fragile X syndrome and such) have a right to form sexual relationships and get married if they are able to find a willing partner for that. Something like occasional depression or anxiety shouldn't be a very large problem.
I live in a nation with socialized medicine, and while I feel everyone should have access to healthcare, I feel we should prevent problems before they occur. People with mental or physical impairments typically are a drain upon society. It doesn't make fiscal sense to allow people who have a high risk of having a mentally handicapped kid, to procreate and burden society with retarded kids.

I live in a nation with socialized medicine, and while I feel everyone should have access to healthcare, I feel we should prevent problems before they occur. People with mental or physical impairments typically are a drain upon society. It doesn't make fiscal sense to allow people who have a high risk of having a mentally handicapped kid, to procreate and burden society with retarded kids.

I mostly feel for the kid. If you can tell before it's even born that it is going to have some type of illness.... abort!!
I personally am against breeding in general due to overpopulation but that's a slightly separate issue.

If two people have disabilities that are genetic (some are likely to be passed on and some aren't) then I would say those people should try to adopt or not have kids instead of giving birth to someone who will have to live through such a tough life. I wouldn't want to be the person that gave birth to someone who was going to HAVE TO be through so much pain in their life because of me. It's selfish, in my opinion.

I have mental illness, but no desire to be in a relationship. I can be fun and exciting, but eventually I go through a horrible depression and end up dragging the other person down with me. It's not fun. Depression even convinces me that I don't love that person anymore. Mentally ill people deserve to be in relationships just like anyone else, as long as both people are understanding and you have a supporting partner. It's not fair to make someone else's life miserable though so keep that in check and go to therapy.

I also believe mentally ill people shouldn't breed. Not trying to sound mean, but why would you want to bring a child into this world who will suffer? I watched some program before and both parents were bipolar. They had 2 little kids that turned out bipolar too and those poor kids were already taking a huge cocktail of medicine. It pissed me off so much. If you're mentally ill, don't be selfish and reproduce. That's like sentencing someone to a lifetime of hell and torture.

I'm not perfect, and I don't fornicate to prevent accidental breeding. I'm not a hypocrite.

I think its bullshit that you infract someone for having an opinion that you disagree with, especially if you leave their post up and even quote and reply to it.

your an example of the nasty kind of crappy attitude that people with mental health problems have to deal with. its not just me that had a problem with your attitude. so maybe get off your high horse:)

you dont appear to have any empathy.

its a shining example of the nastiness and stigma that people with mental health problems have to deal with

since when is a clinically low IQ and a mood disorder the same thing?

lots of people have mental health problems and but not throughout their life. when you start getting into who and who should not be allowed to breathe you have to remember the nazi regime because that's where you are heading. forced sterilisation etc. remember that anyone can have a mental health problem at some point in their life. there are genetic components but some of it is what your life and surroundings have done to you and primed your brain for.

as for having problems in the child if you are worried and are bipolar for example then have a baby with someone who is not. is pretty fucking obvious. but still have your baby if you like.

as with every illness there are spectrums but clearly there is a huge wave of no compassion in this thread which is saddening but reflective of a society that doesn't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

one of my friends had both parents with different mental health problems, yes he has some pretty intense bipolar, but he's funny and kind and interesting and clever. hes a techno wizzkid that was in a child orchestra travelling the world as a teen so put it in perspective. creative dude. if you dont want to reproduce dont do it but maybe let other people do their own thing and leave the nazi crap alone because who here is the correct person to decide who can and cannot have a child?

Last edited:
your an example of the nasty kind of crap that people with mental health problems have to deal with.

you dont appear to have any empathy.

its a shining example of the nastiness and stigma that people with mental health problems have to deal with

you know I have been diagnosed with depression, have been locked up in the mental wing due to suicide, etc.

maybe I empathize too much with people with mental issues.

I'm not some redneck saying Fags are Evil, I'm some gay dude admitting AIDs is a problem.

lol you just can't get laid

I'm pretty sure the Nazi's had similar reasons for their breeding programs.

OP: I'm bipolar and only long relationship I had was with a bipolar girl. Shit was nuts. We'd either be fighting or fucking just back and forth a lot but then again what relationship don't have that?

you know I have been diagnosed with depression, have been locked up in the mental wing due to suicide, etc.

maybe I empathize too much with people with mental issues.

I'm not some redneck saying Fags are Evil, I'm some gay dude admitting AIDs is a problem.
there are degree's of mental illness and some people who are depressed may interpret " blah blah remove from gene pool" "blah blah retards" as "go kill yourself". if you have had suicidal depression then you will know what its like to have an inner voice aggressively abusing you.

people can fight against illness and some illnesses are more episodic than continuous. Schizophrenia/depression/Bipolar come under that category at times. even psychotic episodes come and go. everyone is different

also the end stage of HIV where you get the AIDS complications is not really comparable to depression. you are not getting rid of HIV but you can get rid of depression. big difference. also if you CHOSE to kill yourself (not everyone with suicidal thoughts will give into them) thats your choice, no one with HIV choses to die from it they simply die from it.

Not everything they did was bad.

as for the nazi's when you kill 6 million people because you dont like their culture you cant really say "oh but we did some positive things too". maybe but mass murder usually overshadows that other shit just a little bit