• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

menstrual synchrony

This study, IMO should also take into account the effect of the lunar cycle on the menstrual cycle, which is something that should not be overlooked.

All I know is, IME (and based on the anecdotes of practically every girl I know) girls who live together in a house, dorm, apt, etc DO tend to almost ALWAYS sync up when hormonal BC is not messing up their natural hormones & pheromones.

It actually makes life a bit easier in that respect; you never have to worry about your roomies being "out" when they're on the same schedule as you!

I 100% believe in the power of pheromones also. I don't want to turn this into a birth control debate, but there is a reason most doctors don't use hormonal BC for THEMSELVES.

Also, in response to the OP, I'm not sure if emotions of OTHERS can cause it, but PERSONAL stress can certainly cause a girl to miss a period (IME).

Also women who work together...

All of the ladies i work with get mad at each other for making them 'catch' it

Its a horrible pain in the ass especially when you end up getting it twice in one month because two chicks that work totally different shifts but both have shifts with you get theirs a couple weeks apart

totally real. my sisters and i always bled at the same time when we were living together as teenagers. bless you, costco, bless you.

i work with all girls at work, and we all "catch it" within two days of each other. i kind of like it. i feel like it's something ancient and mysterious and powerful. sadly, the ladies at work don't feel the same way. they are usually just annoyed. but everyone did like my term for it and so now everyone is "moon sick" together. "i've got the moon sickness" or "this moon is making me sick." i'm about it.