• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines MEM - (2,5-Dimethoxy-4-ethoxyamphetamine) ??

Leprechaun

Bluelighter
Can anyone bring any experience and insight into this compound.

Myron Stolaroff pointed this out in his book :
"We felt that MDMA and MEM was a particularly powerful combination for one earnestly seeking solution of his
/her problems."

I wonder why so little has been done to look into this compound. It looks more favourable than 3C-E and DOET.

Duration isn't too long.

In particular, there seems to be an incredible synergy with MDMA, even more so than 2C-B!

Yet, since it's initial taste tests in the 70s, and it's references from Myron. I don't see any further follow up anywhere...

Pihkal also has some wonderful reports on the MDMA + MEM combination.

It's very interesting also that I don't see it mentioned much at all in the chemical and legal literature.

One reference to a NYTimes article read:
"2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethoxyamphetamine, or MEM for short, was his Rosetta stone, a "valuable and dramatic compound" that opened the door to a whole class of drugs based on"

I got to try this one, I wrote a report. I took 50mg (or 48mg actually), rode it out for some hours, and then added 4-HO-MiPT. It was nice, very easygoing, got kinda boring after a while. The 4-HO-MiPT really spiced it up a lot.

We also have a Big and Dandy on it, but probably not much in there:

If any new information comes from this thread I'll merge them.

Any drug that goes well with MDMA is a drug I wanna try.. Sounds very interesting.

-GC

I also tried this compound and it's right up there in my top 5 compounds.
It was a wash of golden and pearly colours with a euphoria that is since unmatched.
I can't promote this compound enough, it truly is a perfect compound, only dwarfed by ALEPH!
On par with DON though, that was gorgeous plus the strange thing about it is both my gf and I both experienced pseudo-time travel and only realised a few hours after the end (we were in separate rooms for the majority of the experience).
Anyway MEM is by faaar my favourite Mescaline analogue and PEA in general.
The others are psych amps so they go into a different category!

MEM is like if you took the best MDA experience and mixed it with a lowish dose of 2C-B and AL-LAD. Then add that Mescaline physiological euphoria (minus the nausea) and that whole natural feel to it, add some gold, cream and redish hues to the visuals and voila! I'd read Shulgin's account of it for a more detailed TR though.

I think the ethyl makes a huge difference. For instance comparing 2C-D to 2C-E; 2C-E is in the magical half dozen and 2C-D is pharmacological tofu!

Though with the thio-PEAs it's a totally different story; 2C-T was /incredible/ whereas T-2 was uncomfortable, nauseous and even though I got through a gram of the stuff I'd never touch it again!!

Then we get to T-4 which was...average and T-7 which is a powerhouse!
The thio-PEAs are really unpredictable compared to plain carbon chained PEAs in general so when going in, expect everything!!

EDIT: Christ I forgot we were talking about mescaline analogues! Anyway the 4-position analogues on Mescaline, 2C-D, DOM, 2C-T, TMA and ALEPH usually follow similar rules to the basic one.
It's like LSD compared to LSM or LSP basically; that ethyl chain IME relates to the ethylamine chain opposite (on PEAs anyway) so the closer one gets to it the better (though I have a theory that if 2C-P were shorter it'd fly off the shelves!!) the compound will be. Perhaps 2C-EAL or 2C-MiP (2C-iB)?

For instance; MAL, 2-Et,4-M,5-MeO-PEA/A, 2C-T-2 (combo'd with something like Ondanestron), but not 4...which I find odd, are just magical (not sure about the second but I can't see why it wouldn't be!), ALEPH-2 of course is the crowning prince of the ALEPHs (according to Shulgin anyway, DOT is my favourite psych ever so imagine what DOT-2 would be like!!). Plus DOT-7 is also supposed to be incredible, possibly even moreso than 2.

DOET is also in my top 5 and it's just incredible. Sort of like DOM but with that 2C-E 'powerful' feeling, like you could do anything but 10x better than usual. Not to mention how everything feels like you're sober but flooded with visuals (this is 2C-E anyway; it's a very flat compound IMO -> /not/ a negative!!).
DOPr I never had a chance to try but that duration is frighteningly long so I never had an interest in acquiring it.

However having just reread Shulgin's experience of it again, I'd really like to give it a go. I mean he fell asleep on it and in that sleep his dreams were incredible! /Very/ strange for an /amphetamine!!/.

So switching to the three carbon chain analogues we have ALEPH-7 (as I said earlier; an incredible material I'd sell my mum for!!), 2C-P (which was fairly standard but held a lot more in the way of recreation than the ethyl counterpart), DOPr, 2C-T-7, ALEPH-7 (another powerhouse that sounds like it could be better than even the base compound) and MPM (judging by MEM I think this could blow it out of the water. Shulgin never released his notes on upper doses so there's a good chance it's something really quite special).

I've noticed there's a few that should be in PIHKAL and TIHKAL and even after reading the lab notes there isn't much on MPM or the others missed from the main tomes.

So; in conclusion, if we can get 2C-P down to an acceptable duration (altered ROA perhaps or maybe even beta-hydroxy-2C-P or 2C-(a-Me)iB), it would be a wonderful compound. The rest MMAL, MPM, 2C-P, 2C-T-7, ALEPH-7, 2C-EF (right?!), ALEPH-21, 2C-T-21, 2C-iB (iso-xx compounds seem to resign from this pattern, presumably due to in vivo reactions), HOT-7 and anything else with a propyl chain at 4 seem to be absolute winners.

So now what? Well, if 2C-EF and DOEF were so well received, why not 2C-EC or 2C-EBr? Just to test the waters I think 2C-MBr would be perfect and then we can discuss halogenated carbon chain compounds with a great deal more certainty on how they'll act. I'm envisioning 2C-T-EF (EDIT: I'm an idiot; this is T-21 and it is:) absolutely fan-fuckin-tastic.

Personally I think that 2C-MF would be an absolute superstar but with the catch-all PEA ban we'll (as in the community) need to look further afield for producers.

I'll fire off a few emails tonight to see if it's possible in the near future but don't get your hopes up yet. We don't even know if they'll work, let alone if they're able to be mass produced due to analogue laws.

Thank you Leprechaun for giving me this idea for a new project and hopefully we'll see some novel PEAs in the future!!

/Cannot wait!!/

PS: Sorry for my thinking while writing style, I find it a lot easier for me to find the next part of writing the post this way, plus it shows you my mental process.

EDIT; Oh my god!! I just realised I still have about 80mg of the stuff left!! It must be about 4-7 years old but it'll still be perfect if I adjust the degradation to dose ratio. Fucking yes!!

PPS; I still haven't tried and would give my left nut to acquire; 2C-MF, 2C-EF, 2C-T-21, ALEPH-x (2, 4 & 7 specifically), BOED, 2C-CN, 2C-MAL, 2C-T-4, CPM, DESOXY, DOMF, DOEF, MMDA-2/3a, DMMDA-2, GANESHA, HOT-x, IM, MADAM-6, MDOH, MDAL, TM, MT2M, MEFM, MMFM, MAFM, 2-TOC, 2-TOM, 2-TOF, 5-TOET, 5-TOMF, 5-TOEF, 5-TOMAL, 2/4-TODMOSO, 4, 5-MDO-DiPT, 4, 5-MDO-2-Me(O)/Fl-DMT, 4-HO-5-MeO-D/MiP(/DM)T, 4,5,6-TMeO-(DM)T, 2-Me-DMT, 2,5,6-TMeO-a-Me-T, 5-Fl-aMT (I'm still holding out on that hope!!) and of course my novel psychedelic class (of which are hundreds of analogues to be tested).
Also a long shot but; 5-MeO-6-Me-DMT or 2,6-MeO-5-Me-(DM)T just to see whether there /is/ a crossover!

So cross fingers I manage to find a source before the RC days are well and truly over!

PS: Before mods delete this for off-topicness; I meant this to be found this way.

Last edited:
Huh, wow, I found it to be pleasant but nothing special on its own.

Huh, wow, I found it to be pleasant but nothing special on its own.
Set and setting I suppose. That's probably why I haven't taken it twice (subconsciously I must have known I'd never get back to that place ala +4's).
Regardless even with a +3, it's still a great compound (I hope!!). Then again Mescaline was my first psych so there's nostalgic feelings along with it (plus my adoration for MAL!!).
I guess I'm a 3,4,5 kinda guy!

MEM is like if you took the best MDA experience and mixed it with a lowish dose of 2C-B and AL-LAD. Then add that Mescaline physiological euphoria (minus the nausea) and that whole natural feel to it, add some gold, cream and redish hues to the visuals and voila! I'd read Shulgin's account of it for a more detailed TR though.

I think the ethyl makes a huge difference. For instance comparing 2C-D to 2C-E; 2C-E is in the magical half dozen and 2C-D is pharmacological tofu!

Though with the thio-PEAs it's a totally different story; 2C-T was /incredible/ whereas T-2 was uncomfortable, nauseous and even though I got through a gram of the stuff I'd never touch it again!!

The thio-PEAs are really unpredictable compared to plain carbon chained PEAs in general so when going in, expect everything!!

EDIT: Christ I forgot we were talking about mescaline analogues! Anyway the 4-position analogues on Mescaline, 2C-D, DOM, 2C-T, TMA and ALEPH usually follow similar rules to the basic one.
It's like LSD compared to LSM or LSP basically; that ethyl chain IME relates to the ethylamine chain opposite (on PEAs anyway) so the closer one gets to it the better (though I have a theory that if 2C-P were shorter it'd fly off the shelves!!) the compound will be. Perhaps 2C-EAL or 2C-MiP (2C-iB)?

For instance; MAL, 2-Et,4-M,5-MeO-PEA/A, 2C-T-2 (combo'd with something like Ondanestron), but not 4...which I find odd, are just magical (not sure about the second but I can't see why it wouldn't be!), ALEPH-2 of course is the crowning prince of the ALEPHs (according to Shulgin anyway, DOT is my favourite psych ever so imagine what DOT-2 would be like!!). Plus DOT-7 is also supposed to be incredible, possibly even moreso than 2.

DOET is also in my top 5 and it's just incredible. Sort of like DOM but with that 2C-E 'powerful' feeling, like you could do anything but 10x better than usual. Not to mention how everything feels like you're sober but flooded with visuals (this is 2C-E anyway; it's a very flat compound IMO -> /not/ a negative!!).
DOPr I never had a chance to try but that duration is frighteningly long so I never had an interest in acquiring it.

However having just reread Shulgin's experience of it again, I'd really like to give it a go. I mean he fell asleep on it and in that sleep his dreams were incredible! /Very/ strange for an /amphetamine!!/.

So switching to the three carbon chain analogues we have ALEPH-7 (as I said earlier; an incredible material I'd sell my mum for!!), 2C-P (which was fairly standard but held a lot more in the way of recreation than the ethyl counterpart), DOPr, 2C-T-7, ALEPH-7 (another powerhouse that sounds like it could be better than even the base compound) and MPM (judging by MEM I think this could blow it out of the water. Shulgin never released his notes on upper doses so there's a good chance it's something really quite special).

I've noticed there's a few that should be in PIHKAL and TIHKAL and even after reading the lab notes there isn't much on MPM or the others missed from the main tomes.

So; in conclusion, if we can get 2C-P down to an acceptable duration (altered ROA perhaps or maybe even beta-hydroxy-2C-P or 2C-(a-Me)iB), it would be a wonderful compound. The rest MMAL, MPM, 2C-P, 2C-T-7, ALEPH-7, 2C-EF (right?!), ALEPH-21, 2C-T-21, 2C-iB (iso-xx compounds seem to resign from this pattern, presumably due to in vivo reactions), HOT-7 and anything else with a propyl chain at 4 seem to be absolute winners.

So now what? Well, if 2C-EF and DOEF were so well received, why not 2C-EC or 2C-EBr? Just to test the waters I think 2C-MBr would be perfect and then we can discuss halogenated carbon chain compounds with a great deal more certainty on how they'll act. I'm envisioning 2C-T-EF (EDIT: I'm an idiot; this is T-21 and it is:) absolutely fan-fuckin-tastic.

Personally I think that 2C-MF would be an absolute superstar but with the catch-all PEA ban we'll (as in the community) need to look further afield for producers.

I'll fire off a few emails tonight to see if it's possible in the near future but don't get your hopes up yet. We don't even know if they'll work, let alone if they're able to be mass produced due to analogue laws.

Thank you Leprechaun for giving me this idea for a new project and hopefully we'll see some novel PEAs in the future!!

/Cannot wait!!/

PS: Sorry for my thinking while writing style, I find it a lot easier for me to find the next part of writing the post this way, plus it shows you my mental process.

EDIT; Oh my god!! I just realised I still have about 80mg of the stuff left!! It must be about 4-7 years old but it'll still be perfect if I adjust the degradation to dose ratio. Fucking yes!!

PPS; I still haven't tried and would give my left nut to acquire; 2C-MF, 2C-EF, 2C-T-21, ALEPH-x (2, 4 & 7 specifically), BOED, 2C-CN, 2C-MAL, 2C-T-4, CPM, DESOXY, DOMF, DOEF, MMDA-2/3a, DMMDA-2, GANESHA, HOT-x, IM, MADAM-6, MDOH, MDAL, TM, MT2M, MEFM, MMFM, MAFM, 2-TOC, 2-TOM, 2-TOF, 5-TOET, 5-TOMF, 5-TOEF, 5-TOMAL, 2/4-TODMOSO, 4, 5-MDO-DiPT, 4, 5-MDO-2-Me(O)/Fl-DMT, 4-HO-5-MeO-D/MiP(/DM)T, 4,5,6-TMeO-(DM)T, 2-Me-DMT, 2,5,6-TMeO-a-Me-T, 5-Fl-aMT (I'm still holding out on that hope!!) and of course my novel psychedelic class (of which are hundreds of analogues to be tested).
Also a long shot but; 5-MeO-6-Me-DMT or 2,6-MeO-5-Me-(DM)T just to see whether there /is/ a crossover!

So cross fingers I manage to find a source before the RC days are well and truly over!

PS: Before mods delete this for off-topicness; I meant this to be found this way.
DOET, DOT and MEM in your top 5?? Major news :)

Just had a Mescaline, MDA and MDMA experience a couple days ago which is one combo I love, so if this substance resembles the first two in any sort of way I both understand why it mixes well with MDMA and also why some love it so much.

My favorite thing of the above combo is the lasting mental health benefits, I feel great for a long time after. All 3 parts are needed to make that fully happen.

-GC

DOET, DOT and MEM in your top 5?? Major news :)
I always loved the PEAs! Anyway to be honest I did so many compound I had to split up the trips part into three sections (I should have made that clear earlier).
So I have top 5 PEAs, Tryps and Lysergides.
Then of course amphetamines, tropanes, cannabinoids, benzos, quaaludes, misc downers, morpholines, open chains, fentalogues, meperidines, dissociatives, deleriants, PVs and then just random ones like Efavirenz, Muscimol, Salvia or Datura. Finally the second section of the list is for medicinal compounds such as cures for cancer, AIDs, so many nootropics, anti-psyches, SSREs, SDREs, and then there's the mythical section for compounds made up in books and film and every now and then I'll try to come up with a structure for it. I mean they aren't exactly mind blowing but I tried Orange Sunshine at least!!

EDIT: Sorry about this but I need to put all my info somewhere public, so that it's at least protected by my name. I have over 1000 random analogues doing nothing so I'm really torn between posting them all here and crossed fingers they'll get picked up.
However if I keep them then they decriminalise drugs it'll be a lot easier to distribute (plus all of them are novel) and I'd get a lot more from it.
So yeah; what should I do with them?!

(Honest answers only, please don't just say post them cos you want to see them, if you need to that badly I'll send you a couple but I'm going to need to print up a contract if someone starts talking.) It's just it's a long way to the top and the stairs are covered in snakes.

Actually I should probably talk to Dresden about this: he must have thousands as well, I mean his random molecules thread has, honestly, some fairly poor compounds by him (mostly novelties to be honest) so, somewhere he must be hoarding a huge amount of really promising novel psychoactives!!

Last edited:
I always loved the PEAs! Anyway to be honest I did so many compound I had to split up the trips part into three sections (I should have made that clear earlier).
So I have top 5 PEAs, Tryps and Lysergides.
Then of course amphetamines, tropanes, cannabinoids, benzos, quaaludes, misc downers, morpholines, open chains, fentalogues, meperidines, dissociatives, deleriants, PVs and then just random ones like Efavirenz, Muscimol, Salvia or Datura. Finally the second section of the list is for medicinal compounds such as cures for cancer, AIDs, so many nootropics, anti-psyches, SSREs, SDREs, and then there's the mythical section for compounds made up in books and film and every now and then I'll try to come up with a structure for it. I mean they aren't exactly mind blowing but I tried Orange Sunshine at least!!

EDIT: Sorry about this but I need to put all my info somewhere public, so that it's at least protected by my name. I have over 1000 random analogues doing nothing so I'm really torn between posting them all here and crossed fingers they'll get picked up.
However if I keep them then they decriminalise drugs it'll be a lot easier to distribute (plus all of them are novel) and I'd get a lot more from it.
So yeah; what should I do with them?!

(Honest answers only, please don't just say post them cos you want to see them, if you need to that badly I'll send you a couple but I'm going to need to print up a contract if someone starts talking.) It's just it's a long way to the top and the stairs are covered in snakes.

Actually I should probably talk to Dresden about this: he must have thousands as well, I mean his random molecules thread has, honestly, some fairly poor compounds by him (mostly novelties to be honest) so, somewhere he must be hoarding a huge amount of really promising novel psychoactives!!

If Dresden and Rectify are the same people, which I got the impression they may be.. Then I wouldn’t count on it. It became obvious over time he/they were just making up shit, for what reason we haven’t a clue. Actually finally got a temp ban recently for it. Lots of false reports on novel compounds which is sad because there’s so little information to begin with.

-GC

That combo sounds pretty amazing, I have to say...

That it is :) Perfect for a home experience! I’d love to ramp up the Mescaline dose sometime in the future though. I wanna get to those DMT-esque visuals I’ve heard about at the heroic dosage level.

-GC

Huh, wow, you seem to react very differently from me to things. I have had the opportunity to try DOET and I found it very... confounding. No visuals whatsoever, and no mental content, but an extremely intense body high. I was definitely tripping, but couldn't tell you why or really explain the trip much (though I did write a report). Early reports from the ~60s report that it is not psychedelic, and I can see why someone might say that it isn't, as there are none of the hallmarks of psychedelia. Yet there is an isolated report of 7mg that seems to suggest that it was very profound (but all it said was "WOW!!!" or something, PIHKAL is sometimes extremely disappointing in terms of actual trip reporting). I have about 20mg left, I only tried it once at 3.5mg so far. I found it disconcerting because the body high was rather oppressive and I had a decent bit of anxiety, so I haven't tried again. I may have underdosed.

What dose did you take it at, @blueberries? What was the trip like? After my one trip, it ranks very low on my list of favorites. And I really wanted to love it, because I LOVE 2C-E. But it bore virtually no resemblance whatsoever to 2C-E for me, except in the very intense body high (but it had a lot less character than 2C-E's body high, and did basically nothing for me mentally).

I also only tried DOT once, I received a ~20mg sample but only tried it at 3.5mg and then months later when I went to try it again the solution had grown some nasty black jelly-like mass. I think I stupidly neglected to add alcohol or something. I found DOT quite strange too, and experienced something like what Shulgin calls the "Beth state", I just felt out of sorts and strange for the rest of the day.

This is coming from a lover of DOXs... DOC is top 3 drugs of all time for me. DOPr was astoundingly good (though insanely long, entirely too long). I have always found DOM to be lackluster, though.

/Cannot wait!!/

The Alephs weren’t in Shulgins magical half dozen.

No one ever really described them as pleasant, more unique than anything else. The Sulfur on the 4 position on the 2,4,5 Amphetamine analogs was never more than a curiosity. So your response is quite interesting.

Can you elaborate on your experience?

Huh, wow, you seem to react very differently from me to things. I have had the opportunity to try DOET and I found it very... confounding. No visuals whatsoever, and no mental content, but an extremely intense body high. I was definitely tripping, but couldn't tell you why or really explain the trip much (though I did write a report). Early reports from the ~60s report that it is not psychedelic, and I can see why someone might say that it isn't, as there are none of the hallmarks of psychedelia. Yet there is an isolated report of 7mg that seems to suggest that it was very profound (but all it said was "WOW!!!" or something, PIHKAL is sometimes extremely disappointing in terms of actual trip reporting). I have about 20mg left, I only tried it once at 3.5mg so far. I found it disconcerting because the body high was rather oppressive and I had a decent bit of anxiety, so I haven't tried again. I may have underdosed.

What dose did you take it at, @blueberries? What was the trip like? After my one trip, it ranks very low on my list of favorites. And I really wanted to love it, because I LOVE 2C-E. But it bore virtually no resemblance whatsoever to 2C-E for me, except in the very intense body high (but it had a lot less character than 2C-E's body high, and did basically nothing for me mentally).

I also only tried DOT once, I received a ~20mg sample but only tried it at 3.5mg and then months later when I went to try it again the solution had grown some nasty black jelly-like mass. I think I stupidly neglected to add alcohol or something. I found DOT quite strange too, and experienced something like what Shulgin calls the "Beth state", I just felt out of sorts and strange for the rest of the day.

This is coming from a lover of DOXs... DOC is top 3 drugs of all time for me. DOPr was astoundingly good (though insanely long, entirely too long). I have always found DOM to be lackluster, though.
Oh Christ! Time to dig deep into my memory (which is piss poor but I'll ask my gf who is like a library!).
Ohohok! She says I took it way too far and was on around 25-30mg. To be honest with 2C-E's (of which I must have gotten through 5-10g over the years) normality factor, I can easily see how I could manage such a trip (plus I think in the months previous I'd accidentally sniffed a line of DOC thinking it was Ket so I was probably feeling big balled and high toleranced.
Regardless it was incredible. There's something about me and the ethyls though; for instance my first 2C was E, EM was surprisingly nice and I certainly had visuals from it, 25E was absolutely fantastic, I got through at least 3-4g of 2C-T-2 in uni (but still haven't tried 7, even after having a gram of it for over 4 years!!), MEM is possibly my second favourite psychedelic next to DOT, MDEA was one of the best rolls I've ever experienced and well...I got through at least 10g of Etaqualone in less than a month!!
Plus I was an alcoholic for around 15 years but have been clean for around a year or so now :)

I really like ethyls!

Oh shit, haha. Yeah I guess that much would be way different than 3.5mg. I do have a feeling I underdosed, but the body high was very intense, with an anxious, clenched aspect to it that I didn't like. One day I'll try it again and it'll probably be at 5mg, and then if that is an improvement, perhaps againat 7mg. It lasted 20-30 hours (I couldn't sleep for over 30) so it was quite the commitment. Not as long as DOPr, but almost. But DOPr was an absolutely top notch, fantastic trip, extraordinarily visual and euphoric and comfortable with an aspect of a subliminal/group mind access thing that was really unique and fascinating.

Last edited:
Oh shit, haha. Yeah I guess that much would be way different than 3.5mg. I do have a feeling I underdosed, but the body high was very intense, with an anxious, clenched aspect to it that I didn't like. One day I'll try it again and it'll probably be at 5mg, and then if that is an improvement, perhaps againat 70mg. It lasted 20-30 hours (I couldn't sleep for over 30) so it was quite the commitment. Not as long as DOPr, but almost. But DOPr was an absolutely top notch, fantastic trip, extraordinarily visual and euphoric and comfortable with an aspect of a subliminal/group mind access thing that was really unique and fascinating.
Oh god!! Dammit. I was teetering on getting DOPR but because of 2C-P (not my fav psych) I didn't get it in end. Now it's banned basically every where no?
I'm fairly sure I saw it in Switzerland recently and maybe some in Canada too but I can't be sure.
I'll have a look but thanks for this, I've been needing this kinda trip for a long time tbh.
Oh! I know where! :D

I have to say though; 70mg of DOPR and you've not gone past five, I'd try at least 30mg first, 0-70 is a huge leap, I did it by accident. A really happy accident but stil an accident.

Plus there won't be a limit on the visuals like with some other compounds so 14x the dose is 14x the trip. There is no ceiling. It will fuck you /so/ hard, trust me!

The only way I stayed together was because I've tripped at least 500 times and I've seen literally everything there is to see.