• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meloxicam

Sorry I saw the same Rx for my kitty deballing.
MF got me onnit but F DAT! Still got my balls.
Wassit?

Hoping he was under general anesthetic during the procedure.

Having your ball's cut off, sound's very painful, is there a painkiller that can take the edge of such a procedure?
Any reason they chose Meloxicam, as their is Ibuprofen and Acetyl Salicic Acid already available. Although the last one is also makes your blood thin.
Yeah, of course they put the cat to anesthesia. And I think he got ketamine and some opioid, possibly butorphanol, during the operation.

I think ibuprofen or ASA is not suitable for cats.

Meticam is one of the most effective painkillers in animals and despite still destroying their liver/kidneys with long term use it's far less destructive than other pain meds. Still will shorten a doggos life if he's on meticam for the rest of his days. Ibuprofen is highly toxic to cats iirc

Hoping he was under general anesthetic during the procedure.

Having your ball's cut off, sound's very painful, is there a painkiller that can take the edge of such a procedure?
Any reason they chose Meloxicam, as their is Ibuprofen and Acetyl Salicic Acid already available. Although the last one is also makes your blood thin.

Ibuprofen is extremely toxic to cats

Interesting how so many are hating on meloxicam, specifically for stomach issues. My girlfriend has stomach issues and ibuprofen tears her stomach up, and her doctor prescribed meloxicam specifically because he said it would be easier on her stomach. And she says it doesn't have any side effects for her, even if she takes 20mg.

My cat got meloxicam after they removed his balls. I think the strenght of the medicine was 0,5 mg/mL. My cat would have preferred tramadol though. ;)
My cat got bupe when he got his balls removed. The other one got ketamine when he had his tooth pulled. Walked around drunk all evening.

Interesting how so many are hating on meloxicam, specifically for stomach issues. My girlfriend has stomach issues and ibuprofen tears her stomach up, and her doctor prescribed meloxicam specifically because he said it would be easier on her stomach. And she says it doesn't have any side effects for her, even if she takes 20mg.
Oh thank you for saying that ! I take 7.5mg's and is good to know that I may be able to take more.

Oh that reminded me that the doctor's office sent me a web address about the scipt to my phone and I should go look up that info right now.
Gotta Go ! Thnx !

Oh thank you for saying that ! I take 7.5mg's and is good to know that I may be able to take more.

Oh that reminded me that the doctor's office sent me a web address about the scipt to my phone and I should go look up that info right now.
Gotta Go ! Thnx !
Oh it was just a discount card and a reminder to pick up the prescription. Bla blah. Thnx BL. Once again !! how did i know.

My girlfriend is prescribed meloxicam for her extreme menstrual pains. She is prescribed it because ibuprofen tears her stomach up badly. She doesn't get any side effects from it and occasionally takes 2 of them (20mg). She's never experienced anyhing negative from it. She says ibuprofen actually works better, but since it fucks her stomach up, she can't take it.

You ever give her kratom for it? I've been dosing my girlfriend with for menstrual cramps. Helps with her attitude/emotional lability as well (at least, until it wears off).

However never give your girlfriend kratom combined with isopropylphenidate during her period unless you're prepared for the ensuing irritability that hits about 5 hours later. It's kind of like in Gremlins when you feed them after midnight. I should have known better since isopropylphenidate + kratom gives me some pretty intense irritably when the kratom wears off.

had no idea people used meloxicam.

its given my older cat, who will be 14 in a few weeks, a new lease of life. she is so much more friendly and active. its amazing to see. i'd put her inactivity and unsociability down to being older and a (loveable) bitch, but she was just in pain.