• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meloxicam

Binky7766

Bluelighter
I was under the incorrect impression that meloxicam was as relatively harmless as ibuprofen. Therefore, since I have always had a very high tolerance for pain meds, I assumed it safe to take 20 mg of the meloxicam (as opposed to the recommended 10mg). However, upon reading about it online just now, I see that taking an amount exceeding 15 mg is considered an overdose. I took two pills, which is the equivalent of 20 mg about 30 minutes ago. Luckily I took them on a full stomach. I don’t feel any weird symptoms so far, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with meloxicam in taking more than the recommended dose?

Weird that's mainly given to animals here under the name metacam. Only 5mg over the daily dose for arthritis in old people though so I doubt you're going to feel any sort of overdose symptoms.
I still have zero symptoms, thankfully, along with MINIMAL pain relief! Ah well.

Yeah don’t take extra NSAID’s in general
meloxicam is extremely liver toxic and can cause GI distress
I stopped taking 15 before bed bc after months I felt like I got no pain relief and felt discomfort under my ribcage in the mornings
it takes 2 weeks to reach full effects as well
it’s not a take as needed medication
its a take it every single day medication so it builds up to its full efficacy

i think one 30mg dose will be ok but don’t do it again
if you are going to take it this is one medication you need to follow the directions for

I was under the incorrect impression that meloxicam was as relatively harmless as ibuprofen. Therefore, since I have always had a very high tolerance for pain meds, I assumed it safe to take 20 mg of the meloxicam (as opposed to the recommended 10mg). However, upon reading about it online just now, I see that taking an amount exceeding 15 mg is considered an overdose. I took two pills, which is the equivalent of 20 mg about 30 minutes ago. Luckily I took them on a full stomach. I don’t feel any weird symptoms so far, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with meloxicam in taking more than the recommended dose?
I did the exact same thing when I was on them for pain, and they were 15mg tabs as well so 30mg I had taken, all I felt was slightly kind of shakey and a tiny bit dizzy but we're honestly talking about effects so negligible I wouldn't phone someone and tell them about it...know what I mean? Hope that allows your worry to subside if you had any.

I did the exact same thing when I was on them for pain, and they were 15mg tabs as well so 30mg I had taken, all I felt was slightly kind of shakey and a tiny bit dizzy but we're honestly talking about effects so negligible I wouldn't phone someone and tell them about it...know what I mean? Hope that allows your worry to subside if you had any.
I know what you mean! 🙂 I didn’t have any effects so I’m glad about that. I don’t find them to be “all” that effective for pain.

Yeah don’t take extra NSAID’s in general
meloxicam is extremely liver toxic and can cause GI distress
I stopped taking 15 before bed bc after months I felt like I got no pain relief and felt discomfort under my ribcage in the mornings
it takes 2 weeks to reach full effects as well
it’s not a take as needed medication
its a take it every single day medication so it builds up to its full efficacy

i think one 30mg dose will be ok but don’t do it again
if you are going to take it this is one medication you need to follow the directions for
Thank you. I didn’t realize it was not an as-needed med! I definitely can’t take it full-time because I’m prone to congestive heart failure, and extra fluid I do not need!

Once a day celebrex (celecoxib) works better for me for arthritis. As did diflunisal (a twice daily salicylate).

You should be ok one time if you don't continue to take more than the recommended dose.

My girlfriend is prescribed meloxicam for her extreme menstrual pains. She is prescribed it because ibuprofen tears her stomach up badly. She doesn't get any side effects from it and occasionally takes 2 of them (20mg). She's never experienced anyhing negative from it. She says ibuprofen actually works better, but since it fucks her stomach up, she can't take it.

Diflonenac and Naproxen both are worse then the pain they treat. Never hear of Meloxicam, not a prescribtion over here.

But I rather have pain then taking the both I mentioned. Paracetamol is bullshit/ kakalawaka.

Opiod´ s kill pain that is about it.

My dad used to take these alot for his knee pain he was allright after taking 2. I just wouldn't make a habit of it because NSAIDS can cause problems

I am prescribed meloxicam (among others) for pains. Its too hard on the digestive system even when taken with a full meal. I would call it dangerous as it builds in the system because of the long half life. I do not take it. I would naproxen sodium 440mg over maloxicam for aches and pains but taken with food as well as much water.
Yall be careful with the shit bunk ass pills they slingin at the Drs office these days. Always research Rx-es when ya get them. And pay attention to the differences in physical and mental effects of drugs taken. IMO we trust our docs way too much... sad this is the case, though, as who is actually looking out for our interests? I mean... wheres the opium ffs, right? :p
Be safe and we love the hell outta yas. <3

Diflonenac and Naproxen both are worse then the pain they treat. Never hear of Meloxicam, not a prescribtion over here.

But I rather have pain then taking the both I mentioned. Paracetamol is bullshit/ kakalawaka.

Opiod´ s kill pain that is about it.
I got prescribed naproxen for sciatica & would never take it again, even with the omeprazole that was prescribed alongside it to 'coat' the stomach

I am prescribed meloxicam (among others) for pains. Its too hard on the digestive system even when taken with a full meal. I would call it dangerous as it builds in the system because of the long half life. I do not take it. I would naproxen sodium 440mg over maloxicam for aches and pains but taken with food as well as much water.
Yall be careful with the shit bunk ass pills they slingin at the Drs office these days. Always research Rx-es when ya get them. And pay attention to the differences in physical and mental effects of drugs taken. IMO we trust our docs way too much... sad this is the case, though, as who is actually looking out for our interests? I mean... wheres the opium ffs, right? :p
Be safe and we love the hell outta yas. <3
did i write this ! wth !!! 🕊️

I got prescribed naproxen for sciatica & would never take it again, even with the omeprazole that was prescribed alongside it to 'coat' the stomach
Coating the stomach does nothing to stop the immense intestinal pain I endured 2 day's. A pain a stomach protector don't touch.

The drugstore owner asked if the dr. hasn't has another option if the Diclofenac didn't agree with me. I answered blatantly no.

Coating the stomach does nothing to stop the immense intestinal pain I endured 2 day's. A pain a stomach protector don't touch.

The drugstore owner asked if the dr. hasn't has another option if the Diclofenac didn't agree with me. I answered blatantly no.
Yeah didn't work for me either

i just smoked a dab so i wouldn't have to take one of those wretched things. that's how good they work. pathetic !

My cat got meloxicam after they removed his balls. I think the strenght of the medicine was 0,5 mg/mL. My cat would have preferred tramadol though. ;)
Hoping he was under general anesthetic during the procedure.

Having your ball's cut off, sound's very painful, is there a painkiller that can take the edge of such a procedure?
Any reason they chose Meloxicam, as their is Ibuprofen and Acetyl Salicic Acid already available. Although the last one is also makes your blood thin.

So why Naproxen, Diclofenac and Meloxicam excist?