• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne DJs...who is your favourite???

Black Lung (aka. David Thrussell) & 8-Bit.
Fireal.
------------------
Feed Your Head.

I THINK .the best dj"s im melbourne ( dont get me wrong their is Plenty of talent in melbourne....i love scottie alert.he makes us wanna go.nuts ..so do
dee,slack,slieker....rudeboy..plays best acid tek in melbourne...credit..to jeff tyler,Nexus,will e tell,...dengaratetor....is going to be a star..he really knows how to rock thoses decks..good luck......
p:s i forgot ..the talents of nick dem q,,,simion coyle ..who is going to bite wille on the ass as MELBOURNE NO1 DJ.....

I've seen Simon Digby play a couple of times.
And I also went to a day club when I was in melbourne, it was my first time at wearing sneakers out to dance AND it was my first day club ever.. it was called VM's or VIRGIN MARY's , the bar chicks wore weird outfits and stuff.. does anyone know who would have been playing at this club?
cheers,
mona.

defintly simon coyle is getting better and better, anyone hear that halcyon knights promo cd he mixed?, not tha one with groove armada on it but the other one-its grey with a blue circle around it
anyway nice track selection and some nice mixing aswell
faves though-gotta be will e love my banging tekkas and of course the midro morning set ahhhhhhhh love da guy, love his tracks, his mixing and the way he dances behind the decks hehhehe me love imitating him wid my micky gloves-hands in da air, yyyeeeeahhhh!

Will E Tell is good, but when he plays his semi-live sets with Simon Digby, they really rock. Honeysmack is awesome. But if you wanna piss your self laughing, see Acid Agency, they play cheesy eighties pop tunes (remember Footloose, or I Wanna Dance With Somebody?), and then mix pounding acid tunes over them. All while dressed up like Mexican wrestlers.

The absolute King would have to be Jason Midro. Will E Tell also rocks it but watch out for Alpharisc(got some tunes on Hardware dj series cd)just been signed to Wet Musik and will be djing soon at either the next Wet party(hopefully)

Oh yeah I forgot abou Astroboy
smile.gif

Mona,
That would have been 'Shine' (was it a Sunday?) and you would have had the pleasure of Robbie D, TJM (DJ Tristan - not to be confused with 'Virus' Tristan) and Jeremy on the decks...
nice huh? How's your opinion of laid-back old Melbourne?
candyflip
------------------
The latest pill tests, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au/E-Z_Test/Testing/testing.html

Without any shadow of a doubt, Da Phreak is the best Melbourne has. Doesn't play that often, but when he does......FAAAARRRRRKKKKK!!

If you're talking about any Melbourne based DJ's or live acts, then my two favourites would have to be Sonic Animation and Voiteck. There sets at Welcome were awesome.
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

magoo, did you catch VOITECK V'S HONEYSMACK at kryal 99, fuken sensational, i set i'll never forget, i hadn't even poped yet and i was rushing
------------------
two bickies are better than 1.......3 are even better
though ill take one euro over 3 fuken olympic shitty rings!
oh euro where art though?

will e tell sucks arse full stop.
all of these comercial D.J's are fucked.
They're made good by the tracks they play,
sure some write there own shit but they're not doing it live.Bring on the synths and shit I rekon and don't just play fucking 909 music if i want to here that then I'll fucking do it myself.
As for my favorite DJ's I can't go past Mark Hogans frantic psy trance sets each week at bass station, and rudeboys acid tracks send me nut aswell they're great, but we still need more live acts and more producers playing live.
Sorry if I have offended anyone.
BRING ON THE SYNTHS AND SHIT.

Does anyone consider any DJs out of the techno/rave scene any good - there's been about two mentioned in this thread.
What about it? Long serving legends like Guy Uppiah - while definitely a different style of music, would have to be classed as one of Melbourne's best.
What about John Course - his legion of followers in immense. Or Peter "Mona" MacNamara - anyone noticed how many differnet sets he plays each and every weekend.
Anyway, its just a thought

yo!
i dunno what the hell this DJ s name is, i have been told he is Robbie. He plays the saturday morning revovery sets at Inflation and i reckon they go OFF!!!!! He plays the best techno and gets the whole place going! and on a saturday morning!!!!
later.
dexie

In reply to jimbo..
I kind of agree with you in a sense. There definitely should be more live stuff, musicians who can rip shit up and perform in a thousand different ways. But even DJs can move the crowd in ways which are just as aesthetically pleasing.
And I don't know about anyone else, I'm sure I'll be flamed really hard by someone
smile.gif
but I dig comercial musicians. I love 'underground' shit juast as much as the next buff(..biff?), but Dig Your Own Whole by the Chemicals can do stuff to my ears which not much else can. Who else has reached this pure modern psychedelia mesh with hiphop beats? Yum.
------------------
Feed Your Head.
[This message has been edited by Fireal (edited 06 April 2000).]