Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb Goon N Coon 2012 - Saturday Feb 11th @ Melb Botanical Gardens

miss_goody2shoes

Bluelighter
hey guys,

so I pop my head up this time of year (amongst other times..) to see if anyone is keen to do this again. Always makes for a fun boozy arvo. Picnic with wine and cheese (aka goon and coon) or whatever delights you wish to eat and drink, held at the lovely Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne. (traditionally held) In early January not long after New years (perhaps Sat 7th or Sunday 8th next year? or whatever date suits most..)
we even have a dandy map on how to find our special picnic place we whip out each year =D

who is interested? hope to see you all there. BYO mangoes for forcey fun times(=rape). JJ. we will not hurt fruit! (but most cheeses are likely to perish in the heat..)

I will be some combination of drunk/tired/hungover/confused/tripping balls/wired in lismore at that point, please have antics on my behalf! :)

When do you get back from Lismore Raz???
As mentioned on FB - maybe we should have it the weekend before/after Australia day? I know peeps are going to Rainbow so whatever weekend that isn't on? And people usually have plans ON Australia day.
Would be great if we could get a nice big group of old & newskoolers together ;)

I will be there goody if I am in the same state! Plan on heading back to WA in Jan sometime!

I am back in Sydney that weekend..the 8th or 9th I think? But that is my last big extravagant thing for a while anyway, I am saving up to go the states next year wooooh :)

as Esz said doesn't need to be right after NYrs- whatever date allows the most people to attend :)

Oh gosh, I miss these events! I dare say I won't be around (curse living in a different state these days) - but like Raz, I would like to ask you all to have a piece of Coon and a swish of Goon for me. :) <3

I Wish i could mate again, alas i wont be in victoria this time round. Down some Gouda for me!

Suits me good - that's the first weekend of February. I'm sure most people will be over the silly season by then and ready for the cruise into late summer. :-D

yeah that sounds like an ideal time- post festive season busyness and still lovely weather for picnicing
might try incorporate our planned month in the title?..

Last edited:
Yeh lets do eet - I think we should just set the date and if peeps can make it then yay.

excellent.

oh crap we are going to Adventure Park in Geelong for my friends bday first weekend of Feb. second weekend anybody? don't expect changes solely for me but hope that date proves good for everyone else too :)

Second weekend no good for me! Southern 80 weekend on the murray for me!

Maybe we should all just go to adventure park! =D

I swear I always hear about events going on in melb.
Then when ever people come back, they always tell me it's overrated.
Seems awesome down there.

care to have a bday in the park for your bday Esz? ;) we can invite the crew that came last yr too (would of anyway tee hehe)

bump! Mods can we please change title to include the date & location- Saturday Feb 11th @ Melb Botanical Gardens?
sorry if this date doesn't suit everyone, I hope it does for most! Don't be shy on attending if you don't know anyone- it's a great way to change that ;)

as for time what time shall we make it for peeps? I think we've done midday before but from memory no one made it on on time so later like 1:30/2pm perhaps?..

I'll post that map on where it's located in the park after I find it on my computer..
We usually park under this nice big tree near the small lake. Or across from it under some smaller trees in a shady area
There's loos, 7-11 and a place that sells alcohol short walk from where we set up so if you run out of anything or realize you need something help is at hand =D

What to bring- Event name suggests wine and cheese but really bring whatever you wish to drink and nibble on. Usually we each bring snacks then share foods. Recommend an esky/cooler bag for your plonk, picnic blanklet etc etc
I'll bring speakers and Uno.

Roll call:
mg2s (Gabby) & significant other & other friends most likely

Last edited:
Hmmm... I might come, depends if I can find anything better to do ;)

It'll be good to see everyone again.