• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Melatonin as a sedative?

It gives me weird but fun, vivid lucid dreams. I wonder if combining the stuff with galantamine and amanita muscaria would produce the most intense dreams possible. Or maybe, like other cocktails, be dangerous
Add some Levetiracetam, just joking the effect's it had on dream, lucid dream, nightmare's, night talking and the wake moments in between. Not some thing I'll advise anyone else to do. It was for Epilepsy and it sucked, more then Valproic Acid, which they prescribed after my complaint's.

I love it when I get prescribed ibuprofen and Tylenol at the doctor. Like, thanks a pantload doc.

I was taking Melatonin for more than a week for sleep with no improvement at all. At the same time I continued to take my sleeping pills (20mg Zolpidem). So basically I added 1 extra pill for nothing. I must say that I haven't been able to sleep naturally for the last 20 years. Regarding my other experiment (taking Melatonin for Benzo withdrawal during the day) l am not happy at all. It has sedating effect but it doesn't relax you or calms you down. Conclusion? It can work but only for people who don't suffer from chronic insomnia.

Melatonin also increases your pain treshold at high doses (4 to 8 mg, maybe), most likely as an attempt by your body to make it easier to fall asleep at nighttime despite having something causing pain. This is actually more notable than its hypnotic effect, and you can use it to potentiate opioid or anti-inflammatory painkillers. The problem is the short half life (30 min) of melatonin, so it's only practical for short term pain such as a migraine headache.

As another effect, melatonin makes you tolerate more ionizing radiation without developing radiation sickness, and probably its direct metabolites cause this too. Other similar acting "natural products" can be found by Googling "radioprotective phytochemical", if you have a survivalist attitude and are interested in this.

Melatonin also increases your pain treshold at high doses (4 to 8 mg, maybe), most likely as an attempt by your body to make it easier to fall asleep at nighttime despite having something causing pain. This is actually more notable than its hypnotic effect, and you can use it to potentiate opioid or anti-inflammatory painkillers. The problem is the short half life (30 min) of melatonin, so it's only practical for short term pain such as a migraine headache.

As another effect, melatonin makes you tolerate more ionizing radiation without developing radiation sickness, and probably its direct metabolites cause this too. Other similar acting "natural products" can be found by Googling "radioprotective phytochemical", if you have a survivalist attitude and are interested in this.
You are saying that melatonin could act as a painkiller for short period of time? I occasionally have some unclassified and very painful headaches so how much melatonin would you recommend?

You are saying that melatonin could act as a painkiller for short period of time? I occasionally have some unclassified and very painful headaches so how much melatonin would you recommend?
Yes, that's the idea in what I said. Even large doses don't cause side effects in short term use, so 8 milligrams would be a good dose to try. Just remember that it doesn't necessarily help in every type of pain conditions. And don't take this as real medical advice, for that you need to see a doctor. Has anyone suspected it could be cluster headache?

Yes, that's the idea in what I said. Even large doses don't cause side effects in short term use, so 8 milligrams would be a good dose to try. Just remember that it doesn't necessarily help in every type of pain conditions. And don't take this as real medical advice, for that you need to see a doctor. Has anyone suspected it could be cluster headache?
Thanks for the advice mate. No, it's not cluster, tension, migraine, sinus..... As l said nobody was able to figure it out. And I've seen plenty of doctors and neurologists over the years.