• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Melatonin as a potentiator for Opiates & Benzodiazepies?

pally pete

Bluelighter
Melatonin as a potentiator for Opiates/Benzos? Also Promethazine/Hydroxyzine question

Can anybody please share any knowledge/experiences they have using Melatonin (Or any other OTC Potentiators) please?

When I try to potentiate Opiates ( My Opiates of choice are Oxy OC 80's, Dihydrocodeine, and sometimes Codeine) We don't really have access to Hydrocodone in our part of the world. I can also get hold of Tramadol, but I'm one of those people who do not really enjoy the Tramadol buzz :| Which is a pity, because it's cheap as chips! Although, I have been told that Tramadol is quite a decent potentiator when taken whilst under the influence of other Opiates... How true is this? I can also get hold of Oramorph, but I can literally drink bottles only to achieve a meagre high at best :(

But as I was saying... When I try to potentiate my Opiates, I usually use some 1st generation antihistamines, like: Hydroxyzine, promethazine, and sometimes Diphenhydramine (Although, I find this dries me out too much) I sometimes try drinking plenty of White Grapefruit Juice well before I take any Opiates which I find can help lengthen the high, but not the intensity.. And of course I always use Benzos when using Opiates.

The reason I'm so desperate to find a decent potentiator (Hopefully Melatonin, as it's cheap, legal, and easy to get hold of) is because due to previous Opaite and Benzo abuse my tolerance is sky high.

Also, does anyone know the if there is any difference in the effects of the antihistamines: Hydroxyzine HCL vs Hydroxyzine Pamoate? And.. Promethazine Theoclate vs Promethazine Hydrocloride?

Any help much appreciated Bluelighters.

Last edited:
I saw a study that says Melatonin prevents further tolerance to morphine and potentiates it, but it didn't seem to make a huge difference to me personally

Only time I would use melatonin to potentate something is before sleep. It might be a natural hormone available OTC but you still shouldn’t screw it up by increasing levels during the day.

I just saw this thread and tbph I wouldn't use melatonin for anything. Just me seems like snake oil that may throw some natural chemistry askew, Idk.
Peace

I took melatonin every night for a year or so when I was taking smart drugs. The Piracetam etc. would keep me awake so 2mg Melatonin nightly.
Insomnia for a week or so when I stopped but no cravings or anything. Anything taken for sleep can put your body chemistry askew.

Melatonin in those doses is good for occasional insomnia and can help reset your biological clock. Sleep study/sleep apnea clinics recommend melatonin first before Z drugs.
Taken occasionally like that, it can give you vivid as hell dreams, so it's kinda weird for helping sleep for me.

I've heard of melatonin taken for weeks before mushrooms for potentiation, but never for opiates, etc.. Seems it would just make you more drowsy.