Melanotan II

I read a comment on reddit/peptides before that 150 mcg should be sufficient for anyone and more is just a waste?

Any truth to this in anyone's experience?

For the sex drive, nothing I found works for it.

As for dosing, it's been a pretty strong curve in dose response. I notice significant tanning difference between 125, 250, 500, and 1000 mcg.

MELANOTAN 2
Melanotan 2 has a half life of ~33 hours, this allows you to be very flexible with dosing.

I had always believed that MT 2 half life was this.

However,

The half life of Melanotan 2 is one hour.

I had always gone on the assumption the half life was in fact 36 hours.

However I began to question that recently, noticing how fast the side effects come on, and subsequently dissipate.

Most actual papers seem to suggest the 1 hour half life as being correct;

q0W3LRi.png

MT2 Tmax on rats:

Last edited:
For the sex drive, nothing I found works for it.

As for dosing, it's been a pretty strong curve in dose response. I notice significant tanning difference between 125, 250, 500, and 1000 mcg.

Assuming you've actually dosed as high at 1 mg?

I've never gone over 500 mcg due to fear of side effects, that stomach cramping can suck (seems commonly enough reports on other sites).

However, other weird sides I was getting during the day seem to have been remarkably precluded by dosing MT2 at night - at least I dosed 250 last night and today all good.

Gonna try 500 tonight and all going well, may consider going higher to avail of potential tan benefits I couldn't get at 500.

Question being - 1 mg - I was under the impression most used 500 mcg as the top dose.

You've ran 1 mg frequently enough and nothing too sinister?

Assuming you've actually dosed as high at 1 mg?

I've never gone over 500 mcg due to fear of side effects, that stomach cramping can suck (seems commonly enough reports on other sites).

However, other weird sides I was getting during the day seem to have been remarkably precluded by dosing MT2 at night - at least I dosed 250 last night and today all good.

Gonna try 500 tonight and all going well, may consider going higher to avail of potential tan benefits I couldn't get at 500.

Question being - 1 mg - I was under the impression most used 500 mcg as the top dose.

You've ran 1 mg frequently enough and nothing too sinister?
Correct. When I was a mt2 newb and believed in the whole loading phase I did 1mg/day for over a month. Last tanning phase (about 12 weeks ago) I ran 1mg/day for like 3 weeks to tan faster and darker. Idk what it is, but these days I don't really get the negative sides anymore after a couple days. Just the tan. Like day 3 or 4 of 1mg it doesn't affect appetite for me, no flushing feeling, just a slight warmth and that's it. Day 7 I feel like I might as well be injecting saline.

Just on half life vs biological effects.

I didn't read the paper itself but the statement is clear,

0VmWCuK.png

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378517398001495 (prob need to sci-hub that).

Anyone know, why and how it works like this?

i.e. biological effect substantially longer than its half life?

Half life reports are 36 hours, but that's more biological effect - but actual half life is about an hour.
I'd imagine it's due to some sort of cascade effect from when it attaches to a melanocortin receptor and the effects afterwards. Kinda like the slow signaling in response to grehlin and the hunger response (we get full before our body actually "knows" that it's full)