Melanotan Experiences

runningthrough

Greenlighter
I'm a researcher at the University of California, San Francisco. If you've tried Melanotan, I would love to hear from you personally. I am seeking people who have currently or formerly used Melanotan II to participate in non-judgemental, confidential interviews. Using as many interviews as possible (around 50 is the goal), we plan to publish a paper about motivations/hesitations/methods/physician trust among Melanotan II users to better educate dermatologists. This study has been approved by the UCSF IRB committee.

In return for your time, you will get a $25 Visa gift card funded through UCSF.

If you are interested in sharing, please fill out this form! The screening survey should take less than 5 minutes and if you are deemed eligible, we will contact you for an interview that will take approximately 20-40 minutes over Zoom.

We are specifically looking for anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the United States or Canada, and have ever used Melanotan II.

DM me with any questions, and I appreciate your time.

UPDATE: We are expanding eligibility to Canada!

Last edited:
Off the top of my head there is a person here with melanotan experience @JohnBoy2000 but I believe he's British.

I was so confused when I thought it said melatonin, like if people had been using melatonin in high doses to get some kinda high lol. It's been known to induce hypnotic states I think.

Interesting though, I'd never heard of this stuff, melatonan II. Any reason it's called something so similar?

I got this message on the other mt2 thread, and on reddit also.

Wasn't sure if it was legit but if it's posted here, presumably it's been screened by the forum administrator for authenticity.

@thegreenhand @Tronica am I right? (wherever money is mentioned on "surveys" I tend to be wary. Number of scams circulating currently, it's hard not to be).

The issue may be that I'm not based in the US?

@runningthrough is that a stumbling block?

I've used mt2 extensively as have other users on the sports-enhancement subforum. @Serotonin101

I was so confused when I thought it said melatonin, like if people had been using melatonin in high doses to get some kinda high lol. It's been known to induce hypnotic states I think.

Interesting though, I'd never heard of this stuff, melatonan II. Any reason it's called something so similar?

The similar name stems from their ability to impede or mimick endogenous melanocyte-stimulating hormones (melatonin and melanotan, respectively).

I got this message on the other mt2 thread, and on reddit also.

Wasn't sure if it was legit but if it's posted here, presumably it's been screened by the forum administrator for authenticity.

@thegreenhand @Tronica am I right? (wherever money is mentioned on "surveys" I tend to be wary. Number of scams circulating currently, it's hard not to be).

The issue may be that I'm not based in the US?

@runningthrough is that a stumbling block?

I've used mt2 extensively as have other users on the sports-enhancement subforum. @Serotonin101

Thank you for not discounting it -- this is an authentic study with ethics committee approval!

Unfortunately, due to information privacy laws overseas, we do have to restrict to participants within the US. I appreciate you asking, and please do share it with people who may be eligible -- whether for the gift card or a chance to contribute to science.

@runningthrough I've been scrutinizing both the alpha-MSH analogues on two different threads:

There's literature reviews of sort with relevant quotations.

I'm determined to get to the bottom of these molecules also, and by all accounts, afamelanotide or mt1, seems highly preferable to mt2 - in terms of safety and how it's been studied.

@runningthrough I've been scrutinizing both the alpha-MSH analogues on two different threads:

There's literature reviews of sort with relevant quotations.

I'm determined to get to the bottom of these molecules also, and by all accounts, afamelanotide or mt1, seems highly preferable to mt2 - in terms of safety and how it's been studied.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier -- there is a lot of interesting research on MT1 vs. MT2 which are separate but similar compounds. This study is focusing on the user experience rather than the molecular side. If anyone is interested in sharing, we are still recruiting participants to be interviewed!