Technical Problem MEGATHREAD - Email and Alert notifications aren't working.

Yeah, if you watch a lot of threads...you only get one new alert when there is a fresh post sonce you last checked.

If you dont check that thread or alert when it comes through, maybe because it escapes amidst the other alerts, then you wont get any more post notififications from that thread UNTIL you go there again.

Once you have "seen" the pages and updated posts, the clever BL recognizes this and next time there is a post, you will get another alert.

But ingnore it, and in the meantime members can continue to post until the sun comes down and BL won't shout you again for 400 pages of new posts.

That is basically how these online forum alert systems work.

Edit- just saw your post above. Okay maybe a spanner in the works. Maybe try "unwatching" and then re-watching each individual thread and see if that fixes the problem.

Reactions: CFC
service has been very odd lately. it seems to be happening all over. in conus.
not good.

To clarify - the alerts are the little bell icon, correct? Not the issue with email notifications of these alerts as being discussed in a separate STH thread?

When did they come thru?

Everyone else - getting email notices, or still no? What host do you use?
I just tried to change back to my @bigpond.net.au and no notifications arrived. Was able to revert back to my business email with a different host to get things going again.
So bottom line........no change here mate.

Most signs point to email services shutting us out when we did the email blast (I did a lot of things wrong with that). I don't know all the email servers we sent to, but it seems I need to contact each one and explain to take us off their spam block list. I'll try bigpond next. Thanks for letting me know what's (not) happening.

Hope the holidays treat you well.

- Reed, TLB of BL

Thank you @TheLoveBandit
I have been having some problems with notifications also.
just slow.

Hope you have a Happy Holiday and Thank you for this wonderful website! ❤️👍

I'm experiencing this issue too. It hasn't gone away either, Been thinking about it today and then I noticed this thread.

Please state which email service you use (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, bigpond.au, etc) as it helps us identify services we still need to reach out to and get off their blacklist.

Also, if you ARE getting emailed notifications - what service are you using so we can confirm we are not on their blacklists. Thank you.

Please state which email service you use (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, bigpond.au, etc) as it helps us identify services we still need to reach out to and get off their blacklist.

Also, if you ARE getting emailed notifications - what service are you using so we can confirm we are not on their blacklists. Thank you.
you know, im just replying to this because i realized that you may be having emails blacklisted due to burst emails, if too many are sent for example on, hotmail or .live, gmail aswell, it'll automatically flag the sender could this be whats occuring?

I have now changed my email addy to a hotmail.com and everything is working fine.