• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

let me ask you a question, do you remember the first time you smoked? I dont, and it was only 5 years ago, so i have no way to compare how high i get now to how high i used to get. So in that way, it's extremely hard for me to gauge my tolerance. The same could be said for any drug, and although I know tolerance is real, and it affects me, i try not to think about it, since I'm ever gonna have a definate answer, and neither will you.

all i know is I NEVER had to smoke a dub a day to stay high. and now i do, which is why i am taking a break. a bowl used to keep me lit for quite a while now three bowls and im kinda high for a little while. tolerance it real however you want to look at it, i dunno whatelse to say:\

I agree I just consider it more of a mental tolerance and body adaptation compared to a traditional tolerance.

I understand thats how you feel but scientifically you are wrong, your body builds a tolerance to THC. While this tolerance is nothing like many psychedelics or stimulants or w/e there is a tolerance and it does build over time, which is especially noticable with daily use.

I'm agreeing with you, I just said in my last post I consider it more of a mental tolerance and body adaptation vs the traditional tolerance definition, I didn't the traditional physical tolerance didn't exist. Although I suppose it did seem like I implied that initially, which I didn't mean to do, but I really don't notice much of a tolerance at all.

You worded that much better. I get that you may not notice a tolerance I am just trying to convey to you that the body builds a physical tolerance to THC whether you personally notice it or not.

even after taking 2 days off i get noticably higher. after taking 2 weeks off.... i was FUUUUUCKED off of a small bowl

Besides the most obvious reason, tolerance is very strongly influenced by the method in which one smokes and by the strain. In theory if you smoked out of a different medium or strain every time your tolerance would hardly be altered. People underestimate different mediums every now and then but the truth is that your body adjusts strongly to the medium in that a bong may not get you as high as a blunt if you smoke bongs frequently and at the same time your body gets used to the strain. You could smoke excessive amounts of ak-47 and then one day smoke some regular outdoor weed and find that the outdoor weed affects you more. So what's the solution? Get a dry piece, get a grav bong, get a regular bong, get a vape, get a chillum, learn some baking skills and get yourself as many strains as you can and you will never find yourself disappointed after using. Although not everyone is fortunate enough to have hundreds of strains at their fingertips, you should always try and get things you haven't had and enough so that you can build a fluctuating collection.

different strains and methods of ingestion all help get you high when you have already built a tolerance but these things still add to said tolerance. THC is a chemical, its in cannabis, its not effected by how you smoke it (i.e bong, joints, w/e) your body builds a tolerance to the chemical NOT the strain or the method of ingestion, you just get used to those things and bored with them. switching strains or ways of smoking merely changes the high temporarily and you get higher than you normally do. tolerance is a thing that has to do with your body guys, there is NO way around it. it is a scientifically proven fact. yes you can do things to change your highs up but overall tolerance is there and the only way to get it down is to stop smoking.:|

mistagreenlung said:
but i cant really stop... i really dont think i could. i always have bud, and i always just say fuck it and smoke. its hard :(
do u wanna stop for good?

Didn't read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked, but I had a quick question...

If I don't have any tolerance beforehand, and eat some weed cookie, will it have any effect on tolerance the next day?

Basically I plan on getting really stoned on Saturday, and wondered if eating weed cookie on Friday would hinder my ability to do so at all.

yes it will...any kind of THC consumption will make your tolerance higher...also who notices that heavy stoners have irreversibly high tolerances, I think our cannaboid receptors our just more experienced at dealing with THC and know how to down regulate faster thus preventing us from ever getting as high as we used to.

i have been smokeing for years and just a day off the smoke gets me stoned.so i would love to stay of it for a few weeks a pipey would get me wrecked:-D

i usually smoke in increments of three days. then after i try to clean out my system with water, cranberry juice and exercise. i usually do this just in case my dad drug tests me again. but the next time i smoke i always get baked.

nickbrochilll said:
i usually smoke in increments of three days. then after i try to clean out my system with water, cranberry juice and exercise. i usually do this just in case my dad drug tests me again. but the next time i smoke i always get baked.

What?

okay my dad drug tested me. and i smoke weed. so i drank a lot of water and cranberry juice and that cleaned me system of the weed.

I don't think you understand the question.

What is your father doing drug testing you? That's ridiculous.

THC tolerance.... if your smoking daily a 1 day or multiple day break is amazing.......

I think the more you smoke the higher u get cause of all the THC in your system..

i dont get a burned out dopey if i juts smoke once after i not smoking for a while