• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
pp, dense nugs are down to a combination of genetics and the intensity of the light the plant grew in.

Density isn't really a trait that I find too desirable; I'd rather have loosely formed buds with room for frosty trichome development. The more surface area, the more "nooks and crannies" there are for trichomes to form. When I've gotten really thick buds (like Green Crack or Granddaddy Purple), there was a lot of bag appeal for those who love to have huge buds, but the growth closer to the stem was mostly just leaves and hairs, not fully formed calyxes. I'll take the light popcorn-style buds any day - especially strains that are prone to foxtailing.

ya i dont like it too much either the calyxes arent swollen...and yes i would much prefer the swollen buds ive never had to clip leafs off and shit but with this stuff i always have to...all together its a shitty situation cuz that aint the only problems with it...its really starting to piss me off because im always let down...and ya i finally got a bud that molded but this shits been goin on for a year and its only gotten slightly better and if i could id fix the shit myself..but thank you for finally answering a ? ive been wondering about for a while

I want to know what the Seedsman Swazi Skunk strain is like. I'm just about to buy the seeds. I've also got my eye on their Wonder Woman two, which looks even nicer. Decisions decisions! I think I'll probably go for the latter. Here's a description and a photo:

Wonder Woman marries some of the best sativa breeding genetics around. This hybrid includes White Widow, Thai genetics, Original Haze genetics as well as a strong involvement from the seminal strain Skunk #1. It is a sativa delight. It grows in a typically sativa manner with some stretching with the onset of flowering. It produces largish plants with solid buds of green to gold colours. Wonder Woman has a strong skunk taste and as expected this strain is similarly potent to its parent genetics.

NSFW:
wonderwoman-blk.jpg

Looks great doesn't it? The strains it's made up for are pretty awesome so I would imagine if the breeding's been done right it would be a great strain!

Last edited:
Acapulco Gold back in the nineties. Sweet sweet smoke, superb high.
r
Will never forget back in the late 70's someone offering me a toke of this....absolutely had to cough for 10 minutes straight (never felt a harsher smoke in my lungs)....the trippiest ever strain(ripped my head off) ......never saw it again unfortunately....

but it seems some claim to have saved these genetics.......

Last edited:
when i was younger i got ahold of what was suppose to be some 'gold and it was fire...this was before i had ever tried any medical or dro but still it was little fluffy popcorn type nugs only got it once tho...now that you put that i just remember all the times i ran into the nug before i even knew what it was, all i knew about was kind bud it just crazy how much shits changed in ten yrs

i did a cursory search but came up short so apologies if this has been talked of recently. i've done a little googling as well and a look but wanted bl feedback.

the Cabbage strain (that originates from Colorado, not leaf - i'm not that daft) - can someone tell me what kind of average yield you're looking at (per ave. plant) after a cycle grown in outdoor setting? or point me in a better direction than i've cared to look for a rundown of?

i currently can't stream the clip i want to view.

i know, i apologise - i hate these names just as much as bath salts; cabbage is slang for leaf around some of these parts. it's the strains name (representative of it's large leaves), yes and apparently (not 100% sure) was originated in Colorado for the medicinal industry. that's all i've to go off apart from googling it (which brings up very limited results, possibly extinct according to one guys comment).

it's identified as an indica.

i really wasn't expecting too much feedback to be perfectly honest. time will tell whether "its" a good smoke or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about that strain but outdoors people usually yield 3-8 oz per plant, depeding on many factors, here in the UK. It's an indica so I would say 6oz as a rough guess, give or take a few oz. Even if I knew the strain well I couldn't give an accurate estimate though. If you want more yield why not start it indoors and then take a load of clones after sexing?

Last edited:
i know it was a long shot in the dark, don't worry. i appreciate the response nonetheless.

yield isn't too much of a concern, just a point of interest for comparison. conditions allow for around 6-8 oz's off an average sativa strain. around the same from a known purple skunk.

No problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I think the yield depends more on the grower than the choice of strain (not that it doesn't play a part). Good luck anyway.

very true. i'm no greenthumb by any means but am picking things up. feeling your way through with some unknowns proves to be tedious at certain stages.

i might contribute a few photos to give an idea how things look at the moment. promising:D

i looked it up and the cabbage stain says they think it originated in CO and its very popular around there but they only say its very stinky, high yielding, fast flowering indica..they also say that they have been hearing that it dissapeard or went extinict..but thats the only thing i found about cabbage

im still on the Kush...

its what is the most consistent for me i guess.

currently Master Kush, very strong Vics-Vapor-Rub taste...reminds of back in my E days. and Super Silver Haze, i wish this would stick around, same asian spice smell and taste, very minimal odor/flavor and i like that, smoking all the time the MK or OG just gets to be too much.

there has been some nicely done Willies and some other Blue-Strain, but i hit a ceiling with those right away.

most of my cannaDiet is Oil though.

i grew and pulled and re-grew an MK Ultra from seed, which is growing again...and it is BomB. there are some C99's going, that shit is great!

I usually get Trainwreck, White Widow, and Afghan Kush. All SUPERBLY grown by the same guy

other than that shit like Pineapple Kush and Blue Dream and other unknown danks come through a lot

So I just received my post today and I got my purple haze x panama strain. It's a pure sativa and a cross of two really good strains. The panama has excellent reviews and the purple haze is supposed to be really good, although it's less well known. I do believe it's not the clone only purple haze people are more familiar with. It's actually a purple phenotype from the legendary strain, oldtimers haze, preserved by Ace seeds. Oldtimer1 from uk420 bred his haze ages ago and is probably the best haze out there. It's a pity it's difficult to grow indoors though, but it no doubt makes excellent hybrids. I think this cross is a limited edition release, so I'm glad I got it. I'm definitely going to be buying their paki chitral kush strain since it's so good for breeding projects. I'll definitely be crossing it with many other strains, such as my landrace stsrains that I've saved. I'll have to inbreed those first, though, so that I get uniform results.

edit: I just opened the Ace panama x purple haze and there are 14 seeds! Not bad, eh? Pretty good considering I was only expecting a mere 10 reg seeds.

I really think people are missing out because they turn down the chance at growing pure sativas because ofthe long flowering time or the fear about them being to racy and anxiety-inducing. Some would argue thatsome of the best pot in the world is from pure sativa strains, and I would agree with that statement mostly. To avoid the wee being too edgy, you can just let the plant flower for longer until more of the trichomes are amber than usual, and you can also cure the buds properly and for longer. This makes a world of difference and can turn an anxious strain into a relaxing one. Some sativas, like durban poison and to a lesser extent for some people, some hazes, can cause anxiety for some, so other options can be had instead. But some are just too good to miss out on in my opinion. There are some great Sativas from Cannabiogen that I'd love to try. I just need to be patient because my own collection of seeds is getting so big it's already going to take ages to get through them all! I might need to give some away to a grow partner in exchange for clones from the strain or something, I don't know (please, no requests!).

I'm not sure if the oldtimer pictured is a true purple phenotype, but it looks pretty purple to me, so perhaps it is I don't know.

I also got 5 free Seedsman Sleestack x Skunk#1 seeds, so they might be all right.

Oldtimer's haze:
NSFW:
attachment.php

Purple haze x panama seeds:
NSFW:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.