MEGA: Rap/Hip Hop DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ great list of tunes, love it

some amazing tunes in this thread =D#

DJ Premier = genius

Lots of love for DJ Premier. Still, my favourite production of his is Full Clip. Every time I hear the beat and the intro.. god damn. My favourite A Tribe Called Quest song - by far, still to this day - again with a killer beat: Excursions.

I feel im in the minority of people that like older rap better, but still like Lil Wayne. If you dont take him seriously he says some funny shit and is usually on hot beats

Lil Wayne - Poppin Them Bottles (ft. Curren$y & Mac Maine) probably the only song I like Mac Maine on
Currency ft Lil Wayne - Where Da Cash At really like this beat for some reason
Lil Wayne - U Gon Love Me love this beat too, who remembers Da BackWudz? they flamed out real fast
Surf Club ft Lil Wayne - I Can't Miss SC is kind of meh but this beat is just awesome. great song for fucking
Lil Wayne & Dj Drama - Momma taught me probably my 2nd favorite song by him
And my favorite first beat is just so chill, second just a straight classic
either that or this one I almost forgot about

I always think of the line, "I flow for those droed out, for those locked down in a 10 by 4, patrolling the house" and "I flow for chicks wishing, they didn't have to strip to pay tuition" and something about how he'll take the block, burn it down and give it back when he's finished lol. Jay Z. The best, easily.

not the biggest Jay Z fan, for some reason I just never got real into him. Got to respect what he's accomplished but I thought he was better back in the day when he rapped with Big L

anyways, some songs I listened to recently

Krumb Snatcha - Romeo & Juliet
Bleu DaVinci - Streets On Lock feat. Fabolous & Young Jeezy
Trey Songz - Day N Night I know hes an R&B singer but hes not bad at rapping on this
Korleon ft Big Krit - Big Lights Krit may be my favorite newer producer, either him or Jahlil Beats
instrumental for that

Krumb Snatcha's fucking excellent
Mad Flava are another group that got slept on

I seriously reccomend everyone to check this out, my favorite song and has been for years I just cant get enough of it I am literally nearly 800 of the views on it. Jedi Son of Spock - Endless Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.