MEGA: Rap/Hip Hop DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first time I listened to Liquid Swords I was just getting into rap and my friend was showin me all these songs by Ja Rule and Nelly and then I picked up the Liquid Swords cd and he was like "idk about that one its my brothers I dont think its that good" but I put it in anyway and thats what got me into the older shit.

yeah i n've heard it luv Grimm as well .

How long you been listening to Hip Hop ?

I bought my 1st 12 inch back in 87 G rAp N POlol It's a DEmo.
N i live in England !!!
Well i have lived in cali ( Anaheim to be exact ) for a while .

Yeah AZ is fukin dope

If there's one thing I wish I could do again for the first time, it's listen to 36 chambers, only built 4 cuban linx, and iron man. The wu tang collection is so vast and deep, it was my version of a comic book obsession. Rza kept the sound and themes coherent and ethereal at the same time. You knew that what you were listening to was real, and the fantasy elements served not as a front for insecuritiesbut as an illustartion of the realities these guys had to create inside their minds to block out the pain.

The whole wu Fam especially Ghost N Rae on Cuban Linx on Ironman made albums that were so vivid in their description that it was like watchin a movie

Epic Shit Man

I started listening to rap when I was about 12-13. The first song I really liked was Changes by Tupac. California Love was another one of my favorites. Then I started listening to more east coast stuff and as I got older/more into drugs I started understanding the lyrics more and more. And once I learned how to find any music on the internet, I really got into it. I would just look up discographys of rappers and put it all in one playlist on Winamp and listen to every song. Ones I liked I copied and pasted into a seperate folder. I got like 100+ GB of music all oraganized in case something like SOPA ever happens

id agree with that Colt. I may not like every Premo beat but ive never heard one where I thougt "man this isnt very good". Its usually amazing, or decent but just not something id listen to regularly.

My fav producers: Pete Rock, Premo, Kanye, RZA, Cool & Dre, Alchemist, Lex Luger, Jahlil Beats, Dr Dre

MARLEY MARL , Scott La Rock , Ced Gee , Dj Paul theirs loads of ace producers

Called up the homies and I'm askin yall
Which park, are yall playin basketball?

Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double

Freaking niggaz every way like MJ
I can't believe, today was a good day

oowah oowah

Left my niggaz house paid
Picked up a girl been tryin to fuck since the twelfth grade

It's ironic, I had the blunt she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics

Love that whole song, especially larve those old 90's west coast beats

this might be my favorite Kool G Rap song, love the jazz sample
For Da Brothaz

or maybe this song but I think Nas is better on this one

Fast Life ft Nas

Yo I got guns from Italy, smoke trees considerably

that line cracks me up every time

I downloaded the new Meek Mills mixtape. It's aight, def has some good stuff on there, but a little inconsistent.
Samething with Gunplay's (DON'T DOWNLOAD FROM DATPIFF IF YOU WANT HIS ANNOYING DJ FUCK SCREAMING EVERY GODDAMN TRACK) and Big K.R.I.T.'s new mixtapes. There's a couple tracks that I could listen to all day, but then there's a few I couldn't care less for. Still can't believe I slept on K.R.I.T's mixtape for a month though.

I was never a Mac Miller was, but Macadelic is a nice listen. Mac again suffers from the same fate as those above (inconsistent) but I really like the track "Fight the Feeling" featuring Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick's single verse whipes the floor with both of Mac's.

YG's new mixtape, again goes hard. I don't think he's as lyrical as some mentioned above, but I found it easily more consistent than the other mixtapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.