• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright guys ive UAd a heap of unnecessary comments and posts to clean the thread up and ill merge this into the poppy thread.

Can i make Good Poppy Pod Tea without a blender ?

Hey Y'all

im thinking of ordering some poppy pods - what i want to know is a good way of making the tea without having to use a blender (because i dont have one)

i have pots and pans and muslin (fine mesh strainer)

can someone please be so kind as to help explain to me how i can make the tea ? procedure etc ? (also how much should i use ? - my tolerance is quite low - i take maybe 60-70mgs of codeine every 4-6 hrs)

many thanks in anticipation -

ps . Mods please dont merge this - i just want to get a specific response to my query

all - i know i can use the search tool - buti did this and after spending an hour and finding loads of similair threads - i found none that talk about a method without using a blender - all you guys seem to have blenders!!!

thanks again

peace

FM

I have used my hands to crush them practically every time I have tried it. Other than that, do whatever method with the grounds.

You don't need a blender. Like BollWeevil said you can just smash them up with your hands. I've used this method a thousand times. Take the poppy matter that you've broken up and put it in a pot with some water. Put on stove. Heat. Stir. Pretty easy procedure...

A $12 coffee grinder from Walmart (the white colored Mr Coffee ;) is going to be more than worth it's investment. Mine has never broke and has grinded more than 700 pods.

You will thank yourself later for buying it. Trust me.

ebay - lame - takes too long - i will sort it out man

ok so once i have crushed up the pods i put them into a sauce pan right ?

how many pods shall i use ?

how warm do i need to make it ?

for how long ?

what do i do afterwards ?

put it through a metal siv ?

can i use muslin to strain ?- do i have to eat the remains of the pods as well ???

please help

thanks

if i dont have a blender i use my hands to crush the pods, or a good sharp pocketknife to chop them if for some reason i cant tear them into small enough pieces. then i bring a couple cups of water to just barely a boil, and kill the heat. then i use a french press to steep the pods, but you can put the pods directly into the warm water and steep them for about 10-15 minutes. just check on them and make sure theyre submerged. then i use a metal sieve (if im going with pots and not a french press) to pour the water into another empty pot and get out the pod chunks, then pour into a cup and enjoy. you can eat the pod remains if you like, or attempt to re-brew them, sometimes you can get a couple decent batches of tea out of one set of pods.

pods vary widely in strength but i'd say start out with 4-5 if its just you and drink the tea slowly, usually it has about a 45 minute onset time for me.

Grind the pods in a coffee grinder then put the powder in a french coffee press. Pour hot (not boiling) water in, steep for 10-15 minutes. I would start out with 2-3 poppy heads because you never know how strong they are going to be, and every batch is different.

Palli thank u my friend

dvstover thanks as well but i dont have a coffe grinder or a french coffee press - i dont even know what a "press" is! lol

but thank you all for your feedback much appreciated

peace and respect

FM

just so you have an idea of what a french press is:

NSFW:
French_press.jpg

you put the pod bits in the bottom with your hot water, and push the plunger filter down to ensure the pods are fully submerged, then you simply steep and pour yourself a cup of tea.

from the pic you can see where its actually kind of a handy investment if you're planning on making a lot of pod tea in the future.

just so you have an idea of what a french press is:

NSFW:
French_press.jpg

you put the pod bits in the bottom with your hot water, and push the plunger filter down to ensure the pods are fully submerged, then you simply steep and pour yourself a cup of tea.

from the pic you can see where its actually kind of a handy investment if you're planning on making a lot of pod tea in the future.

aha

we call that a cafetiere! those i can get - but do i still need a grinder ?

aha

we call that a cafetiere! those i can get - but do i still need a grinder ?

a grinder's not a bad investment but you dont necessarily need one, i just figure that the tinier you can get the pod pieces, the larger total surface area of pods that are coming in contact with the water, facilitating faster diffusion of the opiate alkaloids into said water. but you can use your hands or chop the pods with a knife and the tea will still work just fine for ya.

ok thank u man then i can use the french press after i have chopped them and put the hot water (not boiling) in with the small pieces of pods right ? and leave for 15 mins or so and then push the press down and pour out the tea and rebrew if necessary right ?

ps . Mods please dont merge this - i just want to get a specific response to my query

i know some users dont like the mega threads but thats not mine or anyone elses fault - theyre there for a reason and to be utilised. you guys need to learn patience because not everything you ask is going to get answered that day, sometimes itll maybe take a week or two.

please show us the respect and follow the rules in the future because people consciously making decisions against the rules when they know better really infuriates me. threads end up getting closed instead of merged...

this isnt aimed at you directly FM but everyone in OD

ok thank u man then i can use the french press after i have chopped them and put the hot water (not boiling) in with the small pieces of pods right ? and leave for 15 mins or so and then push the press down and pour out the tea and rebrew if necessary right ?

yep, thats precisely how you doitrite with a french press. theyre fairly inexpensive too, i dont think i paid more than 20 USD for mine.

i know some users dont like the mega threads but thats not mine or anyone elses fault - theyre there for a reason and to be utilised. you guys need to learn patience because not everything you ask is going to get answered that day, sometimes itll maybe take a week or two.

please show us the respect and follow the rules in the future because people consciously making decisions against the rules when they know better really infuriates me. threads end up getting closed instead of merged...

this isnt aimed at you directly FM but everyone in OD

ok ok ok - just hard work when u merge them thats all - hey im one fo the good guys here u know lefty..... i do my best to reduce harm and am friendly and keep the peace (even tho im a bit of an opinionated big mouthed asshole as well - but hey only god is perfect man ;)

but fair play - i will bow down to the rules of bluelight in future

Status
Not open for further replies.