• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences Part 4

Oh ok. So just water them as we always have? Vids have shown to put excessive amounts... OH... that must be to LEECH.

=D It's a bit of a misnomer, but not really within the cannabis world, just like the term 'pistils'. That's why I edited that post, because what I said was only semi-correct if you get what I mean.

So yeah, just water as normal ;)

edit: I can't stress the importance of monitoring trichome development. It means the difference between a nice high or a crap one, or a medical strain and a useless one for patients suffering. Playing devil's advocate - if one is selling, and it's not my place to ask if this is the case or to judge one for doing it, I would still make the effort to do this, because one should treat others as one would want to be treated him or herself. This is a moral judgement people need to make for themselves. Again, it's not directed at you, but at readers in general who might be taking my advice for their grows, so whether one is growing for themself or others is immaterial IMO i.e. it doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned since it's none of my business and not pertinent to these posts, plus incriminating one's self in that way is against the rules, or frowned upon at the very least here anyway.

I don't get the idea that you would do that anyway, mate. You seem like a decent person from our personal conversations so don't get the wrong idea. You just have to remember that these posts aren't like PMs and are public and should be written as general advice anyone can take, not necessarily just for the OP asking the question.

And I apologize if I sound bad tempered or patronizing at times. It's just my posting style and it doesn't reflect my sentiment at all. I do worry people might think I'm being rude when I don't mean to be at all =D

Last edited:
I don't think you are rude at all. I understand completely. We will begin flushing and check the trichs out when we get our loop. I will post back with the results.

^ if you can, go for the x100 light-powered pocket microscope because a) they're dirt cheap plastic devices made by the millions in China etc and b) they give a higher magnification. They're the type of thing you might find on a keychain. I personally would have difficulty using anything less than a x100 'scope but that's just me.

They're the price of a couple of packs of cigarettes (in the UK), or less. And as I said, you can get next day delivery if you choose the right place.

So check this out. The plants have been in their for 6 weeks and we are approaching week 7 come Wednesday. 2 out of 10 plants look a bit different. 1 plant has always been dwarfed. When we got it, it was leaned over (perhaps LST?) and it never really grew much. It got really full and is producing a ton of flowers but they flowers look different from all the rest. The hairs are more red and the small leaves surrounding it are a lime green as well as the fan leaves being much darker. Those pictures can be found in GROUP A. We also supercropped 1 of the plants. These flowers are much bigger/taller and is taking a bit longer for the pistils to darken. Pictures of these can be found in GROUP B. The rest of them look identical and the pictures can be found in group C. We were told that all 10 were Bubba Kush. Any thoughts?

GROUP A:
NSFW:
DSCF2046-1.jpg

GROUP B:
NSFW:
DSCF2043-1.jpg

GROUP C:
NSFW:
DSCF2041-1.jpg

Well they look good. I don't really have much to add, apart from what I said about clones being identical. The only reason they would be different is if they were treated differently.

Those flowers look great and I'd hate to see you fuck it up by tinkering with some novel distraction like a bloom booster. Just concentrate on the trichome development (don't get ahead of yourself) when you get your 'scope and then you'll know which buds from which plants to harvest first. If you can continue with your grow going as well as it is you'll have a great harvest.

Just follow the correct directions given for drying and curing and you'll be good to go.

PS darker green leaves usually means they've been fed more N.

Your plants are making me drool actually. I don't have any of my own (as I said before they were ripped by thieves). The few that I had managed to hide in the woods got either destroyed by humans or rabbits. But after the security scare I've decided never to grow on my own property ever again in the UK. It's just too risky now, as I can't risk my sanity just to get high. I can still talk about growing weed though, just as long as I don't partake in the hobby :(

When I move abroad in the relative near future I will be able to grow without the worry of getting busted or having my plants stolen by thieves.

Last edited:
Does bat guano, seaweed extract, and the occasional dose of Epsom salt sound like a good daily feeder for the flowering stage? My plants are 4 weeks in and they seem to be liking it so far.

Does bat guano, seaweed extract, and the occasional dose of Epsom salt sound like a good daily feeder for the flowering stage? My plants are 4 weeks in and they seem to be liking it so far.

Bat guano - a tailor made organic fertilizer NPK 3-5-4 would be better.

Epsoms salts - not needed unless your fertilizer is lacking in it. If it is, it's crap.

Seaweed extract - great stuff, use it every 10-14 days, not every feed.

Bat guano - a tailor made organic fertilizer NPK 3-5-4 would be better.

Epsoms salts - not needed unless your fertilizer is lacking in it. If it is, it's crap.

Seaweed extract - great stuff, use it every 10-14 days, not every feed.

Yeah the epsoms salts are only used once a week to avoid magnesium deficiency. Ill check out the organic 3-5-4 when I can :) And thanks for the tips I'll start spreading out the Seaweed extract. Would it be bad to feed every day though with it?

why are the nugs always like this..?

anytime i get some nug from this certain grower its not that its bad, it just has no smell and no matter what the strain is its always little tiny nugs that are rock hard and usually have no strong smell or taste..is it something to do with the curing or the way there growing it..? im just curious and been wondering for along time it just seems like somethin goes wrong cuz its never what im lookin for..definatly not top notch

Are you getting schwag? or dank buds that do the trick but just happen to have no odor? It can happen with some strains (Northern lights for example).

its dank just not the best..still has a couple hairs and got decent nug structure..its just really hard and it dont break up like the stuff im used to or prefer..and ya its definitely some dank tho..it has no stickiness and dont produce kief or have any trichs on it