• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
RIP to my Pupper. Today she passed away after a short battle with an unknown illness. She'd been to the vet a couple times and was finally weening off the medication they'd given her. She was beginning to seem like she was on the upturn, but I came home from work today to learn that she'd died. I think it was kidney related. She was 7... 49 in doggy years. I'ma miss her. :(

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0694.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0653b-1.jpg

Do play with it A LOT. And carry it around. Kittens who get played with and carried turn into awesome cats. Kittens who do not get played with and carried turn into those cats who hate everyone and are assholes.

That's good advice :)

try to avoid a litterbox in the house cat feces contain a protazoa that attacks your nervous system and causes schizophrenia...very bad

Last edited:
Pupper looks like she was a great dog. RIP <3 Losing a pet is so hard. :(

i knew of the risks to pregnant women, but i thought that's as far as it went. still never heard anything about schizophrenia being at risk.

nah, it's not because catnip is mimicking sexual pheromones, at least that's not what people have said or what ive heard on the research ive done. Catnip may have different effects on every cat, only 50% of cats don't even react to catnip. It also has different effects on different cats. Your cat may have go crazy, while your neighbors cat may simple have slightly a little more energy. Some examples of why people may give their cat catnip.
1) Excersize. Some cats may be more overweight then others, therefore some owners may give their cat catnip to get them to increase energy levels for more excersize.
2) To enforce playfullnes. Some cats may seem depressed, or really grumpy, some people give them catnip to try and get them into a more playful and happy state.
3) For lauphs. Completely immoral and totally wrong(in my opinion) but usually the cat will show when it has had enouph catnip and usually will refuse any more offers.
In conclusion, catnip can have it's possitives, but if you think that catnip is having negative effects on your feline friend leave the catnip aside. Since they have different effects on different cats, it can be good or it can be bad, but cats will not overdose on catnip and it will not harm them eather, it's a herb.
In my opinion catnip is unneccesary if your cat is healthy and energetic already.

If you put it in front of you cat and the cat decides to begin sniffing, eating, and rolling in it, it's fine. Cat's have been using catnip and people have been letting cats indulge in catnip for a long long time.

Besides, one of my cats will simply lay in the catnip and go to sleep while another one of my cats will eat it and run through the house and knock shit off shelves and climb walls. My friends cat sniffs the catnip and then just stares at the wall flicking it's tail for a good two hours.

I wouldn't give a cat catnip multiple times a day everyday for months though, that doesn't seem healthy.

If my cats threw up or had an adverse reaction to catnip, I would not give it to them.
In the many years I have had cats, weekly catnip has been the norm.