• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pets MEGA Cats VS Dogs - POLL!

The Big Question - Cat v's Dog

• Total voters
while i despise the word "moral" being used here, it comes down to whether you're okay with using a psychoactive on your animal. I personally don't see any issues w/ dogs slurping spilled beer or being in a hot-boxed room, nor do I see any issue giving cats catnip. Catnip's just teasing them in a "sexual pheromone" way, I don't see anything unethical (or "immoral") about that.
/fun facts, if not mentioned yet.. 1/3 of cats aren't affected, and cats are either affected or not, no real middle ground. Also, this applies to *felines*, not just domesticated cats. Never heard of anyone hitting up the tiger cages w/ catnip pellets, but I imagine it'd be quite a spectacle (now, THAT may not be so "moral", lol)

I started using it to train him to use a scratching post instead of my sofa. I still give him some regularly. He seems to have some extra energy sometimes and I can't really let him outside so I kinda figured that it would help him discharge some of it when he gets hyped up with the catnip. Who knows..

Animals love to get high as much as people do. I believe that if I ever cut off the supply of catnip to my cats they would slit my throat in the middle of the night. They both like to cuddle with me, so they have the access.

i'm having a tough time understanding why you think forcing a cat to eat a human dose of acid blotter that lasts hours or blowing smoke in its face (which could irritate it's lungs) is in anyway comparable to a catnip high that lasts between 5 and 10 minutes, has no short or long-term ill-effects and is something that cats actually enjoy. (i know my cats enjoy it because every time they see the canister with the cat nip, they're mewing like crazy to get a hold of it.) in addition, as aanallein said, once a cat has had it's fill, it loses interest and walks away to seek out some other activity. also, it takes about an hour or two before they'll react to it again.

we grew up with wild catnip, and lemme tell you, cats will go for it no matter what. just because we provide them with the pleasurable experience doesnt mean its immoral

He isnt as evil as he looks ;}

th_timoevil2.jpg

My cats love it so much they literally fight over it. When we bring it out it has to be in two separate piles so they can each roll around, scratch, party ect..

Both of my cats love it and I'm not going to deprive them of it. One of my cats actually managed to open up a bag of it one day so I really don't see the issue. If they like it then how is it immoral? In my example, my cat actually went and sought it out on her own. I'm not forcing it on either one of them. If they turned up their nose at it then I just wouldn't give it to them anymore.

Thought I'd update this thread with a current video of my reef!
40g Reef

I quoted the pics below because I want you to notice how much the green birdsnest seriatopora has grown.
It is located on the right side of tank about midway down in the water and has almost 200 growth points now!

Here are a couple growth pics of my Green Birdsnest
98b81dc9.jpg

4 months later...

4658ecda.jpg

Sorry that pic is so blue...only my actinic lights were on

:)

Sorry it isn't better quality...I just have an iphone for pics/videos

:D

Actually that's pretty expensive and doesn't look like good quality.

I recommend Marineland Black Diamond Carbon

It's super quality and I've tested many types, and the shape makes it easier to fit into filter sleeves, etc.

It's the Technics 1200 equivalent of activated carbon. Truly an industry standard

=D

My baby Pug Mr T.

photo1.jpg

Sleeping on my chest; I was sick and he cuddled me better. Naw

photo.jpg

He was pondering life's mysteries.

Big eyes, little mouth, that's the recipe for adorable.

Every night when I get home from work, my dog pisses himself with excitement as I walk in the door.

Every night when I get home from work, my dog pisses himself with excitement as I walk in the door.
There's a way to combat this. It takes time, but when you get home, don't show him any attention for five, ten minutes. It's sad to do, but yeah. There are more details to it I'm forgetting, but I'm sure someone else (n3o? tink?) can fill 'em in. :p

Little Bitty (The big white kitty) is not mine any longer. She went with my ex in the divorce- btu I just found these pictures of my kitty, Fuzzy Buttons' babies and little Bitty and i LOVED them :D
Here is for you to enjoy :)