• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis and Exercise

I can't really say anything in regards to that...however people have been known to develop anxiety from frequent, daily smoking of weed throughout the years. However usually it's for 25+ years probably...not just 8

I've herd the same a lot here on BL, try using the forum search engine to find out more about it. IME after i have a hard exercise i get higher then the first smoke of the day (endorphins?).

I know that I prefer to lay about when THC is in my system so intense work might cause more anxiety. Moderate work and I will be more relaxed.

its pretty common amongst construction workers. personally, about half the people i work with partake but i've heard some survey said like some 30% of construction workers smoke- who knows how accurate that is tho.

I worked roofing houses last summer and this past fall, pretty much everyone there smoked weed and a lot of them were into meth. Our boss knew we smoked bud on the job, and the only time he got mad was when someone was smoking mids because it makes you "lazy and stupid" and I guess we could only do our best work with the dankest pot lol.

I love working out and smoking weed right after I get out of the shower. It makes me feel sooo much more relaxed, especially after a nice cardio session. If I smoke before I workout or don't wait at least an hour I think I don't get as much accomplished and give up easier.

Anyone heard of cannabinoid reintoxication? Because THC is fat soluble, it's stored in fatty tissue. Fasting or prolonged cardio can supposedly release THC when fat cells are burned. According to a researcher at my uni, sober rats can get re-stoned if they deprive them of food for a few days (and only if they were pumping them full of THC previously). Apparently it's a pretty reliable effect! They're currently conducting trials on human stoners.

Has anyone experienced something similar, either exercise or fasting induced? I'm imagining you'd need some fairly THC-saturated fat stores for this to work.

I know one time when I was 16, I smoked quite a bit of weed, the day after I was stoned upon awakening & I was also sick. Interesting thing is I stayed stoned for 2 weeks and never smoked a bit of weed. The Dr told me that perhaps the thc had been accidentally stored in my fat cells due to the sickness, then did a "time-release" thing?

i like to toke before exercising....helps with the push ups. it also helps with yoga, which i used to think was stupid until i tried it. amazing feeling when high

I know a guy who got dumped by his gf because she's trying to work for a career and a future and all he ever does is get really stoned and do tai chi in the woods :D What a hero!

I smoke daily - sometimes I smoke before I work out or do something physical 'for the sake of getting high and working out' and sometimes I don't smoke at all beforehand. It depends on what kind of work out I want to have. I find when I smoke and then exercise - on the treadmill for example - I can get into the zone hardcore and go for longer periods of time. I can listen to music when I run (high) and get lost in it. I like this. :D

As a CPT, I like to utilize cannabis during cardiovascular dominant programs. I would never use cannabis during maximal strength exercises or strength dominant programs. A combination of analgesic, relaxant and perceptual effects make cannabis dangerous to use when doing highly coordinated strength movements. I don't do too much hypertrophy specific stuff, but I don't think I would recommend cannabis for those activities either.

IMO, the most vital components of safely utilizing cannabis is dosing and heart rate. I vaporize about 0.05g before a workout, which is 1/3-1/4 my typical 'stoner' dose. I constantly monitor my heart rate to make sure it's safely within my calculated target value for the workout. The key point is that you should use just enough to achieve vasodilatory effects. It will help to increase circulation & lung capacity during exercise with minimal perceptual change. My cardio performance has improved since I decided to use cannabis as a pre-workout supplement. Much safer then any of those other pre-workout stuff that contain synthetic/herbal stims. Make sure you keep hydrated if you workout with weed <3

Last edited:
When I smoke I like to clean my house does that count as exercise. Otherwise I really cant do anything else I can do only what my body allows me to do. Its nice to see that the stero-type of getting high and sitting on the couch and doing nothing is abolished. So good people do your thang! I wish I could do any of the things listed above, I miss that a lot.

I love smoking weed, like the arjan's haze kind, and play soccer with my friends I do it every week twice a week, also doing exercises of all kinds, swimming is great too ..
Of course that if you smoke something more indica you probably end laying on the couch just watching tv or listening to music, or just looking at the wall haaa
Sports are much more fun when you are high, moreover you do not even get angry if you loose or do not play a good match..
Also making yoga and using the swizz ball and doing stretching gives me the most incredible sensation of peace of mind..

When I was a total pothead one summer I would smoke herb after I did lifting or intense cardio, not before.

When I was 17 riding my bike after smoking a joint in the woods was fun. It was just a short bike ride maybe 15 mins at the most. :)

I know this topic is about herb and it sounds odd but when I was into pharm opiates I used to love to exercise while on those especially cardio exercise like running or swimming. I would do this on low doses of codeine, hydro, or oxy. I would not suggest swimming on high doses of an opiate where you're nodding.

Last edited:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes to vape before working out. I'll just take 2 or 3 tiny hits, enough to just barely feel the effects and it helps a lot. I can really get in the zone when I do and I'll end up being able to lift more and go longer. I think it's a great pre workout supplement.

I really like to take a long bike ride 10-15 minutes after a smoking joint. I usually end up in a quiet riverside park about 45 minutes from my place. I love it because smoking pot helps me appreciate all the little things in nature that I don't notice when I'm sober, like the wind temperature, the warmth of the sun, the 'clap-clap' of the waves hitting the rocks I'm sitting on, etc.

I do a lot of road cycling, and there's a cafe a couple of hours ride away from me that has a nice open garden over looking a fantastic view. On a nice day I'll often ride over there with a spliff rolled, then have lunch and a spliff there, then ride back. The owner doesn't mind, in fact she finds it funny, and I consider it a nice mid ride treat.

I play basketball a lot, and I like to smoke before fucking around with my friends to improve my mood, but not before any serious training.

I enjoy smoking before, during, or after a hike somewhere cool. God bless those of you that can get high and physically work out.

I've done a 1000km bicycle journey stoned throughout, I lift weights stoned on a regular basis as I find the "outsider perspective" offered by the kush helps me to transcend pain and push myself harder. Nothin like hitting the volcano, putting on my quality headphones and going in grinning for a hard pump at 5am. The dope reminds me why I do stuff. It also helps me transcend reality when I'm holding deep yoga postures for 10 minutes, the weed renders my consciousness distractionless and assists me in diving deeper into myself. I have more incentive to get out of bed for a workout in the morning if it involves getting right baked before work later. I suppose these are all good reasons for why I've developed such an intense habit out of the stuff.