• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis and Exercise

IME smoking after an intense run/workout makes the bud hit faster and peak longer. I have no scientific evidence to support this, but it feels like my airways are dilated and absorb more THC in each hit. I can also take some FAT ASS rips after fully exerting myself.

Don't really like to smoke before exercise, feel like my body has to work harder and it isn't a great feeling. After is great, you definitely get an enhanced high.
I used to smoke all the time before longboarding and it felt great sometimes but, now that i think about that, it can be dangerous (mostly while doing downhill because you have to watch for other cars and things like that...)

Lifting weights I'll smoke before, after whatever. I still put in work.

I'm usually too high to do cardio cuz it's boring to me. I walk a lot tho.

When I was riding my bike to work everyday I would almost always vape right before heading out. I found that while on weed I could ride harder without wearing out as fast.

It might increase lung capacity, apparently this is why it's banned in sport as a performance enhancing drug.

I used to smoke a little something before going for a run or cycle but not anymore.

At most, if I was taking part in something athletic, easy and funny, I'd vaporize something with lots of alpha-pinene for the broncho dilation effect. Strains that have afghan or skunk in the name and buds with piney smell are very good for this.

But I do smoke afterwards, if I've came back from a long exercise session and I'm feeling that huge anandamide and endorphin rush, throwing a stack of cannabinoids on top is just marvelous sometimes.

Although I'm trying to contain my cannabis use to special occasions, yoga and weed are a great combo. My yoga workout is much enhanced when I smoke a very small amount and do then workout. More able to enjoy random yoga poses without worrying about the official right way to do them. In fact I can practice for hours after smoking, great body high. Curious if CBD high strains are good for this too? Since this is what I miss most now that I'm on the wagon perhaps CBD high would be a compromise?

Although I'm trying to contain my cannabis use to special occasions, yoga and weed are a great combo. My yoga workout is much enhanced when I smoke a very small amount and do then workout. More able to enjoy random yoga poses without worrying about the official right way to do them. In fact I can practice for hours after smoking, great body high. Curious if CBD high strains are good for this too? Since this is what I miss most now that I'm on the wagon perhaps CBD high would be a compromise?

If you're "on the wagon" you might as well get a THC high. A (drug induced) high is a high is a high.

If you're "on the wagon" you might as well get a THC high. A (drug induced) high is a high is a high.

True, but I'm under the impression, from the reports of others, that a CBD high avoids the mental foggery of the THC high. I suppose without trying it out myself I'm just guessing the body relaxation would stay the same.

Yeah smoking up and going biking/hiking is awesome! One of the favourite past times. You get zoned into the trail and just flow with it, definitely agree it also helps go faster for longer without noticing, while mountain biking.