• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Mega] Anxiety and Paranoia Help / Discussion Thread

Ok i read all of the posts from before 2012 post. And I do not wanna read more but I have an observation of what I've realized about what it could be.
I was smoking age 16-17. Took one hit on 18th bday. Reason for quitting was because I always had to spit out lugies (didnt know how to before smoking). I couldn't eat until after an hour or more, and I love breakfast. Lastly, the price when they were 5 dollars a pack for the good ones lol.
Now as I got older, I kept trying and becoming healthier and healthier with everything I do. Like working out, running, and eating healthy as I can allow myself. I fluctuate and am not steady all the time but I'm pretty healthy. Drink absolutely no soda, last time i tried drinking a can years ago I could feel it in my stomach. Only time is sometimes with captain but rarely. I can't even eat too much sugar. If i eat too much, I get insanity stomach pains. One time I went to the hospital it was so bad. They had no clue what it was from. But i found out that I ate way more sugar than I normally do that day and in one sitting.
I always have a lump in my throat to this day and I am 23 now....now I've noticed for years that when I smoke, I can like feel it grasp my throat. As I smoke more, I can feel it getting tighter and tighter. If i go overboard (rarely) I will panic and it feels like my body is trying to force it out, forcing me to gag. However I have not quit smoking weed. I still enjoy it. I just deal with it. This didnt happen when I was younger though. Used to be smoking a shit ton and then get too high and pass out. Never the throat thing though.
I don't drink very much. Have been these last 2 months though. However, I don't drink crazily like a case of beer or polishing off a bottle by myself, or half for that matter. I know my limits.
Now I've come to a theory that maybe once I started actually becoming somewhat healthy, that my body is trying to force out anything unhealthy. Would it make sense that when we get more healthy that our body takes extra precautions to get back to being healthy?

Now some solutions I have found....
Big deep breaths slowly in and out from the diaphragm. No raising shoulders at all. In fact shoulders back and down comfortably. It almost feels like a flex but isnt. It kinda feels like blowing up a balloon in your stomach. It's allowing the mid stomach 360° from belly button up to where your ribs meat to be completely allowed.
Trust me this is not an easy task and you need to be dedicated. It will improve everything. Including physical activities. I know this from singing and researching, trial and error.
Then I just heard that eating or drinking something cold helps it. That would be cool if it's true but idk.
Also inhaling as you hit instead of allowing it to get into your nose.
Other than that....idk just time fixes it.

If there are any other solutions please let me know.
Sorry for the long post. Hope somebody can confirm what I'm saying. I've been very curious to what the throat grasping feeling could be.
Good luck everyone

Why is there no Medication being developed for Depersonalization disorder?

What is the most effective medicine for depersonalization dissorder? Especially drug/Cannabis induced Depersonalization.

With the influx of the use of hallucinogenic drugs, Depersonalization disorder is increasing.

Depersonalization disorder affects millions of people and is more common than people might think but it is often neglected as a disorder.

There are full websites devoted to people going through this disorder.

How come there is no specific medication being researched for Depersonalization/Derealization disorder?

If there is, can someone provide me a link to a study or potential news about the development of a medication?

Welcome! I'm moving this to the Anxiety & Paranoia Megathread where such cannabis-specific mental side-effects are usually discussed, and you may find other helpful information in the thread as well.

From what I've learned about cannibis, is about cbd and the different chemicals in Cannabis like cbn, cbg.. Etc. It sounds like maby you're going through the thc wothdrawls. Thc is the psychoactive chemical in cannibis. Im not a genius when it comes to this, but common since about the brain to me says if you put a psychoactive chemical in youre brain for a certain amount of time the brain can become affected by that chemical, and therefore one could experience differences when stopping or altering the ammountthats taken in. Please if I'm wrong someone correct me: but basically psychoactive chemical= psychoactive differences??

From what I've learned about cannibis, is about cbd and the different chemicals in Cannabis like cbn, cbg.. Etc. It sounds like maby you're going through the thc wothdrawls. Thc is the psychoactive chemical in cannibis. Im not a genius when it comes to this, but common since about the brain to me says if you put a psychoactive chemical in youre brain for a certain amount of time the brain can become affected by that chemical, and therefore one could experience differences when stopping or altering the ammountthats taken in. Please if I'm wrong someone correct me: but basically psychoactive chemical= psychoactive differences in the brain??

^^^Yeah man, I wouldn't call it withdrawals so much as having your endocannabinoid system less activated by THC. There are definite differences. I am a douche bag when I'm not stoned, and the herb generally makes me more accepting and laid back, while also providing me with energy, euphoria, and focus. I'm not really any different sober than I was before I started using cannabis again.

Dabbing hash oil (at a reasonable dosage level) gives me way less anxiety and no paranoia compared to smoking weed - does anyone else notice this? I won't even smoke weed anymore because I can be really high on dabs having a blast, and one bong rip will send me into that shitty physical, heavy anxiety feeling without really increasing my relative THC intake. I get anxiety from vaping flower too so I'm not sure what it is. It's clearly person-dependent but I wouldn't even be a cannabis user anymore if it wasn't for oil. Most of the anxiety comes from the fact that the smoke is completely horrible for my body in my experience... I get laugh attacks on dabs like I am back in high school, but I won't feel anxious at all, just relaxed. Of course strain dependent but generally speaking I won't touch bong anymore.

Also, edibles give me far less anxiety as well. They are actually too sedating for me, and they are not my preference at all, but they also get me extremely high without very much anxiety or paranoia. I personally feel that I am prone to anxiety while smoking weed because that is what I did when I was a teenager and I was part of a family that attempted to condition me to have a panic response when I was stoned. I was always worried about reeking of pot and stupid shit like that. A lot of anxiety/paranoia issues with weed comes from legality and social issues that are not actually related to weed at all. If you had parents who were weed narcs, compared to parents who didn't give a shit about weed, you're way more likely to get anxiety down the road in my opinion.

Last edited: