• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Meditations and Mantras

Ninae

Bluelighter
Come on, share what works. Everyone experience this differently and I'm curious about what others take from it. I find it hard to get motivated for this kind of thing these days but there has to be something worthwhile.

Depends on what your objective is. Mantras or any humming is great if you want to fall asleep/feel relaxed.

I mean, there is so much of stuff but not that much enthusiasm about most of it, and it can be hard to stick to a dicipline. I used to be able to meditate well and now I don't or have gotten out of the habit. Although it really was helpful in helping to bring calm, harmony, and raising your energy.

I would usually do some form of visualisation, sometimes invocations. You can meditate on words as well or prayer can be a form of meditation. Mantras I don't really have any experience with. It seems a bit freaky, but are supposed to help bring about Samadhi and unlock various higher states.

Anyway, now my mind has been very active for some time I would like to bring some peace to it.

Part of the issue is the obsession with Eastern practices, as if they have a monopoly on gaining access to these mystic states or experiences.. there's this blind reverence for it all. You don't need a mantra or anything special. The problem is outlined in your first sentence. Discipline. And obsession with pleasure.. people want blissful states or visions and shit.. and they think this comes about by forcing their way towards that goal.. when in reality these things happen when you go in the opposite direction, when you back away from the nonsense just by watching your thoughts and mind.

I meditated for a month and had an experience very much like NN-DMT. All I did was lay on my bed, close my eyes, breath and observe what was passing through my head. Any time I got sucked into a thought stream etc I would snap out of it and start again. That's all I did.

Yes, it doesn't bring any instant pleasure, so most aren't that excited about it. I find it can be addicting when you get into it though, as it raises your level of well-being, like yoga and a healthy lifestyle. Compared to other things a lot of work for not that much reward, although I wonder what is possible to achieve with it.

This is a Blissful Track I've loved for years. Its the energy behind it and not whats said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-C65zEu1Uo

Mantra's allow you to move into that energy faster. Of course they arn't required but they can be tools. Regardless of how you want to use. The music is just an energy and its in the background. Meanwhile you are meditating watching thoughts but also enjoying the peace of the music. They can be done simultanously.

But yes SS i'm sure your right that we chase this for pleasure which is the opposite direction. Its complicated because you wonder what is pushing because the Ego and Soul are working but its hard to determine. The Soul wants enlightement and the ego wants the bliss and thinks of enlightenment as a state of being high when in reality Enlightenment isn't experienced by the Ego. So I Hear

Thats cool that you meditated for a month and reached a Mystical State. A teacher I know said one of his runs he meditated for 11 days straight not allowing one thought to enter and he advanced up in consciousness. I've been off and on but have gone a few days surrender thoughts but end up forgetting or getting distracted.

Sometimes you wonder why you are doing it. The world takes you out of it. Thinking about Money, Food and Shelter. But the reality is these things will be taken care of when necessary and thinking about them doesn't matter.

Deval Premal has amazing uplifting music. I forgot about her. I actually hadn't been listening to this type of music for awhile but I'm back on the path and its good occasionally.

This is just one track but she has albums full of great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLsiWN5b-hQ

here's how to get rid of hiccoughs - get in a comfortable pose and focus. you need to breathe with your diaphragm, so that when you inhale, your chest doesn't puff out. the three parts are: Brahma, in with good energy, Vishnu, maintain the flow, Shiva, out with the bad. about 30sec is all it takes. now for the cool part - you can do it for other people. tell them how it works and have them lock eyes with yours, hold their palms over yours but not touching. magic ;-)

We're just at the point of the Summer Solstice when the sun is at its strongest point so if you're sensitive to energy you might be able to attune with it and meditate on it. Or I can feel the solar power as an energy or warmth in my heart and draw it into my heart. The power of the sun is very strong at this time and there are many who say it's easier for us to achieve results now the powers of light are at their strongest.

Peter Deunov: The Tradition of Son of the Sun

"Historically, there was the land of the “Son of the Sun” or “Son of Heaven.” From China to the Andes, through ancient Egypt, these are the children of light who built all the greatest civilizations.

Basically, all men are children of light. A Son of the Sun is a man who has passed certain tests through initiations to refresh the inner potential and to transmit it, to awaken in others. By his own conscience, he radiates an aura around him, a field of life energy that has the capacity to awaken the conscience and the subtle centers in man. Those who are affected and respond to the call structure a school around him so that the invisible can become visible and live among us.

Resonate with such a school that is in that line of light and accept his presence in itself is to awaken the divine essence, the best in itself that sleeps within all matter, of any substance, of all creation. It is the duty of man to show the divine essence and to open the path of development."

http://sunlightenment.com/the-significance-of-the-sun-by-master-peter-deunov/

I enjoy mantra meditation a great deal. Its the form of meditation I engage in the most by far.

We're just at the point of the Summer Solstice when the sun is at its strongest point so if you're sensitive to energy you might be able to attune with it and meditate on it. Or I can feel the solar power as an energy or warmth in my heart and draw it into my heart. The power of the sun is very strong at this time and there are many who say it's easier for us to achieve results now the powers of light are at their strongest.

Best time of the year, starting 19/06. Glad Mid-sommar!

Some of the Thelemic invocations and enochian calls would make good mantras, but be cautious. Enochian magick, in particular, has the potential to confuse.

I think the Om Mani Padme Hum mantra is perfectly cyclical when spoken, the last syllable preparing the mouth for the first. I think it means 'the jewel is in the lotus'. I feel like it means something about the depths of truth/wisdom hidden in the everyday world.

Not convinced that solstice is meaningful. Well, it is important in geocentric beliefs. Winter solstice here. At least half of our planet excluded from this strengthening power.

Winter solstice in southern hemisphere has nothing on your northern darkness though. I feel like the winter solstice is more evocative then solar; there is something dangerous about deep winter, and knowing you are on the pivot heading towards (literally) warmer climes is powerful.

Our role as a planet in space is incredible. So arbitrary and deep in all culture on earth.

I was talking about solar yoga, or a form of Sun Yoga, that many cultures have performed. The spiritual masters talk about working with the sun in a similar way to how shamans talk about shaman drugs, and it can be a lot like that, but I think you need to be more advanced to have mystical experiences from it.

When I was younger I couldn't be sure it wasn't just supersitition, but now I'm so sensitive to changes in my physical/spiritual state I can feel it for myself. It's mostly about some form of sun-bathing/sun-gazing but it noticeably affects your energy field and whole being. I used to do it more sub-consciously a summer I lived in the country-side and would go down and be in the sun by the water every morning (water is a good Yin energy to soften the strong Yang of the sun) and get a kind of energy-high from it.

The main effect is a heightening of your physical/emotional well-being and it seems very healing and purifying. It's like re-charging a battery, and all forms of life in this world are a form of solar battery, but the changes on the spiritual level are interesting as well. Those more spiritually advanced seem to rely on the sun like we rely on chemicals and now I understand it a bit more, but I'm sure there is more to feel from it.

Last edited:
I've always believed that there was, I've just started to understand or experience it more over time. Aivanhov always talked about the sun in a romantic way, like someone might talk about Cannabis or Opium flowers and would say things like "The sun is my joy", and I don't think it was all in his imagination. I've experienced some of these things for myself, so I don't doubt someone that enlightened could have, it just tends to be something more unconscious.

But some Eastern practices, like Buddhism/Hinduism, I believe practice a form of sun work similar to this and it was also a big part of the Neo-Platonic school and Egyptian belief (maybe not as literal sun-worship as we tend to believe). The philosophy around it is pretty complex and gets into how it works on our energy system and helps build our spiritual body or light body with the help of particles or elements from the sun. Obviously not part of commonly accepted belief, and most of this we won't understand, but we can still directly experience all of the beneficial effects of it.

Everyone with any sensitivity to energy can feel the healing and purifying effects of being in the sun or close to the powerful energies of nature, we just tend to see it more in a mystical way rather than there being a science behind it. It's not for everyone and does take some level of spiritual sensitivity and willingness for discipline, but I think it's one of the more valuable things there is to learn about, and also something we don't take enough advantage of. In the old days doctors would also prescribe sunbaths to strengthen health in general.

http://www.heartscenter.org/Teachin...YogaBasics/tabid/73/Default.aspx#.VYX5lbYWWEA

Last edited:
Intention matters more than mantras. I actually busted my ass to gain access to a lineage only to discover they didn't know anything special... and we're talking a lineage that is 1200 years old.

No one has special knowledge, I don't believe.

Ask yourself where you are. Ask yourself what is the goal. If you're honest, you'll see that mantras are pretty pointless beyond the power you ascribe to them.

Everyone with any sensitivity to energy can feel the healing and purifying effects of being in the sun

I have a tendency to get sunburned, does that make me resistant to enlightenment? ;)

Sunlight, or UV radiation, does have the positive effect of killing a lot of bacteria. Positive for us, at least.

I like the idea of sugars being solidified sunlight. But sugar isn't too good for you. :\ I do totally agree that nature can be spiritually invigorating and purifying. Hanging out with trees makes for a pleasant afternoon. :)

This might initially seem to be off-topic. But leading on, it strikes me how important the sun truly is for us, and how we take it for granted. I just used the term "afternoon"; the period after the sun has reached and passed its apex. We have birthdays. Solstice, equinox. All functionalities of the sun. I imagine meditating upon the sun's power could have a certain uplifting and awe inspiring effect. I should try it. I've had an interesting experience on hash oil where I really focused on the existence of water and its purity and ability to seamlessly assimilate more of itself. Its constituents. The process of precipitation. Its was a form of deep meditation, no mantra but a concept-trip of sorts.

I wonder if other people have tried similar focused meditations. Can a concept be used as a mantra?