• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Medications and inducers of Cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4)

Master Green

Bluelighter
Hello community.
I has been off a drug called Cariprazine. It is metabolized through the (CYP3A4) enzymes of the liver.
There are actuallyl plenty of drugs that are metabolized by CYP3A4.
So the question is how can i accelerate (induce) the CYP3A4 metabolization?
Thank you guys.

This is sold as reagila in the eu right? A relatively new neuroleptic which is also a d3 partial agonist on top of normal d2 partial agonism/ antagonism. I’m supposed to be on 1,5mg of it too. Question is why do you want to induce it’s metabolism? Is it no good? Doctors say that it’s especially useful on top of other neuroleptics when you have substance abuse disorder. How is it?

omeprazole (Prilosec OTC) is an inducer (do not take more than recommend on the bottle, it will fuck up your stomach!)

smoking tobacco is also an inducer of CYP3A4

much care should be taken in trying to induce/inhibit enzymes it can have serious unintended consequences in certain situations

Well thanks. I am already co
omeprazole (Prilosec OTC) is an inducer (do not take more than recommend on the bottle, it will fuck up your stomach!)

smoking tobacco is also an inducer of CYP3A4

much care should be taken in trying to induce/inhibit enzymes it can have serious unintended consequences in certain situations
Hey thanks for the reply. Do you have any source that smoking induces particulary the cyp 3A4 enzyme? Cheers

Well thanks. I am already co

Hey thanks for the reply. Do you have any source that smoking induces particulary the cyp 3A4 enzyme? Cheers
sorry I was misremembering tobacco, it induces 1a2 not 3a4, it might actually slightly inhibit 3a4

as for omeprazole: "There are several reports that omeprazole is an inducer of human CYP3A4, an enzyme involved in metabolism of over 60% of known drugs. Cell-based reporter gene assay in HepG2 cells showed an induction of CYP3A4-mediated luciferase activity by omeprazole"

I was researching induction for removal of an AP medication

sorry I was misremembering tobacco, it induces 1a2 not 3a4, it might actually slightly inhibit 3a4

as for omeprazole: "There are several reports that omeprazole is an inducer of human CYP3A4, an enzyme involved in metabolism of over 60% of known drugs. Cell-based reporter gene assay in HepG2 cells showed an induction of CYP3A4-mediated luciferase activity by omeprazole"

I was researching induction for removal of an AP medication
Yeah that's what i thought.
Tobacco does not induce CYP 3A4.

What do you think can happen if i induce that enzyme that metabolizes the drug that i have in my system? I think it can't be that serious, no?

What do you think can happen if i induce that enzyme that metabolizes the drug that i have in my system? I think it can't be that serious, no?
assuming you don't put anything else into your system, not too dangerous

most of the people on this forum take several drugs/supplements, daily or weekly

people have died from overdoses through unintentional enzyme induction, opioids and antibiotics, for example, kills people

just something to be aware of

assuming you don't put anything else into your system, not too dangerous

most of the people on this forum take several drugs/supplements, daily or weekly

people have died from overdoses through unintentional enzyme induction, opioids and antibiotics, for example, kills people

just something to be aware of
Ok thanks 👍🏽

I hope to flush that toxic out of my system faster.

Is it that bad? They touted it as a real good med for people with substance abuse disorder and being helpful against the negative symptoms but all I got again was a placebo. Perhaps for the better?

Is it that bad? They touted it as a real good med for people with substance abuse disorder and being helpful against the negative symptoms but all I got again was a placebo. Perhaps for the better?
I tried it to combat benzo withdrawal but didn't notice an improvement and I wasn't shy with the dose either

If it was a good med it would have been banned and then re-marketed by the pharmaceutical industry...lol

Maybe you did it not the right way. Did you use ST. JOHN'S WORT?

No I’m at the hospital right now so no self medication.

As said, only Placebo for me, never got any medicine with API prescribed in my entire life. Rx meds I know only from friends who share a bit of their stock.